Devils N Dust

Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
edited October 2007 in Other Music
When did it come out?

I assume this song is on the like titled album. This is honestly the most pathetic song I have ever heard. Itsa complete ripoff of Blood Brothers. I have never been a huge Boss fans, but with his rep, I never imagined he would do this.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    it came out about 3 years ago. and it is amazing. i really don't think it sounds like "Blood Brothers" at all.
  • Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
    it came out about 3 years ago. and it is amazing. i really don't think it sounds like "Blood Brothers" at all.

You're deaf then.
  • LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    there's a similar feel to the melody but devils and dust is still distinctly better and amazing
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    LedZepFan wrote:
    there's a similar feel to the melody but devils and dust is still distinctly better and amazing

+1

Amazing, amazing song. If you can find ONE artist who has made as many songs as him without any two sounding vaguely similar, get back to me.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
    DOSW wrote:
    +1

Amazing, amazing song. If you can find ONE artist who has made as many songs as him without any two sounding vaguely similar, get back to me.

I am sayin not he sucks or anything, but I woulda thought he would say, hmm, this sounds alot like another song of mine. Itsa very similar progression, not exact mind you, the vocal melody is fairly close and the delivery is almost identical. Not to mention the harmonica at the end having a very similar sound.

If this was Nickelback, there would be a website set up about it.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Oh, Jimmy wrote:
    You're deaf then.
    i passed my hearing test a month ago with flying colors. thank you. maybe you're just a fool!
    i passed my hearing test a month ago with flying colors. thank you. maybe you're just a fool!

Maybe, but I am not the one that can't hear the similarities between those songs.
  • Some people just won't speak an ill word of Bruce but, they are similiar in the way the main riffs of Porch & Severed Hand are. They aren't to the degree of ruining either experience.
    The Official Matt Cameron appreciation signature!
    Some people just won't speak an ill word of Bruce but, they are similiar in the way the main riffs of Porch & Severed Hand are. They aren't to the degree of ruining either experience.

I am not tryin to knock the guy in anyway, he is a freakin legend. I just wouldnt listen to them back to back.
  • Oh, Jimmy wrote:
    I am not tryin to knock the guy in anyway, he is a freakin legend. I just wouldnt listen to them back to back.

I'm definitley not knocking either. I have The Rising in my car as a matter of fact.
    The Official Matt Cameron appreciation signature!
  • The most pathetic song you have ever heard? You have to be kidding me. With all the shitty songs out there. Also this song is absolutely amazing. The passion he put in to it when I saw him during his solo tour was chilling. Great song and yeah I guess it sounds somewhat similar to Blood Brothers but Pearl Jam has a lot of songs that sound similar too. That's what happens sometimes in music. Usually it is not done intentionally.
    The most pathetic song you have ever heard? You have to be kidding me. With all the shitty songs out there. Also this song is absolutely amazing. The passion he put in to it when I saw him during his solo tour was chilling. Great song and yeah I guess it sounds somewhat similar to Blood Brothers but Pearl Jam has a lot of songs that sound similar too. That's what happens sometimes in music. Usually it is not done intentionally.

That's pretty strong I suppose. I just think maybe he shoulda a/b'ed them, or somethin, and noticed how similar they are. There is alotta stuff that is similar in the songs. Or maybe he heard Blood Brothers, and it inspired him.
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    Oh, Jimmy wrote:
    That's pretty strong I suppose. I just think maybe he shoulda a/b'ed them, or somethin, and noticed how similar they are. There is alotta stuff that is similar in the songs. Or maybe he heard Blood Brothers, and it inspired him.

Or maybe it was PURELY COINCIDENTAL because HE HAS SO MANY SONGS THAT HE CAN'T KEEP TRACK OF THEM ALL.

Jeebus.

I mean yeah, I love Bruce. But I'll defend any artist who people bitch about because he/she released two songs over a decade apart that sound vaguely similar. It just makes no sense. You can't have as many songs as he has without having a few sound similar.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    there are over 250 titles in the Bruce / ESB catalogue
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life