David Gilmour-Remember That Night

Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
edited September 2007 in Other Music
Amazing dvd from his solo jaunt last year at Royal Albert Hall. Rick Wright played on the tour, so that alone adds something special.

I was one of the few lucky ones to catch a show on his tour. This brings back sooo many memories.

Disc 1-This is the main set. Opens with Breathe, Time, Breathe from DSOTM, then plays his solo album, which isnt bad, and is enhanced by the show itself. Take A Breath is visually stunning. After the solo stuff is when the real fun happens. Shine On......, Fat Old Sun, Coming Back To Life,High Hopes,full version of ECHOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, Wish You Were Here

The last 2 songs Arnold Layne and Comfortably Numb have David Bowie guesting.

Disc 2- Wot'suh the Deal, Dominoes, Wearing the Inside Out, Arnold Layne, Comfortably Numb from other RAH shows

Live At Abbey Road-Dark Glob3

AOL Sessions-This Heaven

Mermaid Theatre-Castelorizon,On An Island,The Blue,Take A Breath,High Hopes

Making of "On An Island"

2 videos

An in-studio jam

2 Documentaries-

The West Coast- havent checked it out yet

Breaking Bread, Drinking Wine- about an hour long, pretty nifty, old men hangin out, cool scenery, excellent music

All in all, this dvd is pretty darn cool
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• maccimacci Posts: 1,057
    I saw him in NYC when he toured the US last year & the show was amazing. I definitely have to pick this DVD up.
    My lips are shaking.......
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    I saw this show live as well (in Toronto), and it was amazing!

I want to pick up the dvd, but I'm too cheap..I'm not paying $35 for it. Hoping to find it a bit cheaper somewhere.

"Take a Breath" is amazing - how is it on the dvd?...same eith Echoes?
  • macci wrote:
    I saw him in NYC when he toured the US last year & the show was amazing. I definitely have to pick this DVD up.

If you were there, itsa must have, fo sho. You don't even have to close your eyes and imagine your show. You can just watch it and pretend. The title of the dvd is so fitting for everyone that witnessed the tour.

The tour doc alone is worth the price of admission.
  • Red Lukin wrote:
    I saw this show live as well (in Toronto), and it was amazing!

I want to pick up the dvd, but I'm too cheap..I'm not paying $35 for it. Hoping to find it a bit cheaper somewhere.

"Take a Breath" is amazing - how is it on the dvd?...same eith Echoes?

bestbuy.com has the dvd for 12 bucks free shipping, but they are backordered. Several places have it for less than 35. Unless you mean bluray.
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    you forgot "astronomy domine" on disc two. a great dvd! now i'm kicking myself for not going to the show last year.

They didn't play Astronomy Domine at the Toronto show...can't wait to hear it on the dvd.
    Oh, Jimmy wrote:
    bestbuy.com has the dvd for 12 bucks free shipping, but they are backordered. Several places have it for less than 35. Unless you mean bluray.

I live in Toronto, and the last time I checked they aren't carrying it (not blue ray, just regular dvd). I saw it at HMV and MusicWorld, where 99% of their stuff is well overpriced.
  • When he toured, did he ever play anything off of his 1977 (or maybe 78, can't remember off hand) solo album? I love that album.
  • When he toured, did he ever play anything off of his 1977 (or maybe 78, can't remember off hand) solo album? I love that album.

I don't think so. I think it was all On an Island, Floyd, and a few Syd Barret numbers(Dominoes, Dark Globe) made the tour
  • Remember That Night.. ECHOES version is absolutely fucking awesome
  • the acoustic echoes on disc 2 is pretty damn cool too

Where is the acoustic Echoes? I dunno how I coulda missed that.