04. Jambi
05. Schism
06. Eon Blue Apocalypse
07. The Patient
08. Sober
09. Lateralus
10. Vicarious
11. Ænema

- maynard did in fact speak a lot more than usual tonight. clearly excited to have a (basically) hometown show after 3.5 years of no playing live. welcome us all with by calling us hippies and saying he could smell the patchouli.

- jambi, i have now gone up to 99% sure that the middle lyric is in fact the word "Jam-bi" pronounced "Jam-bye". man that song shreds live.

- hilarious when maynard (after 'the pot' i think) made a comment about how he knew that 'all you fuckers already downloaded it', and went on to beseech the crowd to buy it on monday. a LOT of people near me (towards the front) knew 'the pot' and 'jambi' well enough.

- some rust did show. justin blew a note or two on the intro to 'schism'; adam changed up some things, including playing some feedbacky hum through the middle quiet part of 'sober', and maynard managed to rearrange the lines of the first chorus in 'sober' and forget to come back in for the later chorus of 'the patient' ... but it was still a great show.

- lots of disappointed moshers tonight. the midsection of the set ("jambi, schism, eon, patient") was intense yet mellow (no really), and a lot of the angry folks in the crowd backed down and didn't ramp up again until "ænema". even during "sober" the crowd was sort of mild.

- all new visuals, for the most part. at long last, they actually played the entire videos through the respective songs, instead of just a loop of, say, five seconds from 'stinkfist' flipped around back and forth for the whole song.

- back to their old lineup, adam on the left, mjk in the back left, danny in the back right, and justin on the right.

- perhaps the biggest applause of the night was when they wheeled out danny's kit.

- "jambi" - the whole middle chunk was adam on a talkbox!!!

I wish I could see them in Chitown. Fuckin scalpers.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Excellent.

I notice you say buy the album on monday i thought it came out tuesday?
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    intodeep wrote:
    Excellent.

I notice you say buy the album on monday i thought it came out tuesday?

fucks sake

i beengetting in to them for the past week

listening to 10 00 days and its bloody amazing, the show over here sold out
  • Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
    It all came from the toonavy message board. A cut and paste job.

Maynard musta thought he was in England or somethin. The album drops here on tuesday.
  • solace23solace23 Posts: 704
    how long did they play for
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Oh, Jimmy wrote:
    - back to their old lineup, adam on the left, mjk in the back left, danny in the back right, and justin on the right.

so it that adam on their left or our left?
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    so it that adam on their left or our left?

Adam is on the crowd's left. Justin is opposite him and they are both kinda out in front. Maynard is in the back on a little extension off the drum riser. Danny is on the drum riser.

http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=44791

There is a thread with a few fuller reviews.
  • dirtdirt Posts: 398
    Oh, Jimmy wrote:
    "jambi" - the whole middle chunk was adam on a talkbox!!!

Nice recap! This is why I like the 'other music' forum so much! As I was reading I wanted to know about the talkbox section from Jambi -- good to see you noted that...Looking forward to the Fox in two weeks for sure!
    drive less - RIDE MORE!
    dirt wrote:
    Nice recap! This is why I like the 'other music' forum so much! As I was reading I wanted to know about the talkbox section from Jambi -- good to see you noted that...Looking forward to the Fox in two weeks for sure!

I didnt actually write any of this.

In regard to the Fox in 2 weeks, Napoleon Dynamite said it best, LUCKY!!
  • depploverdepplover Posts: 189
    thats a really awesome setlist! i cant wait for the concert!! :D
    5/09/06, 5/10/06 - FUCKIN AMAZING!!!!
  • GeorgeinNYGeorgeinNY Posts: 113
    umm so why did you not give credit to the person who wrote it, or better yet just post a link to it?
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    man I'm so pissed i'm not going to get to see them in Dallas!!
    FUCK YOU TICKETMASTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
    dirt wrote:

talkbox bought to you by the friendly talkbox fairy ---joe walsh.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • darkgreendarkgreen Posts: 57
    I'm gonna see them again in june, hope they'll play some more songs from the new album... I need to hear Wings live!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • dirtdirt Posts: 398
    talkbox bought to you by the friendly talkbox fairy ---joe walsh.

Maybe we should start a talkbox thread...One of my favs is Black Label Society's Fire it Up. Saw them last summer on Ozzfest and they started their set with that song with the intro drawn out and extended. Really good stuff.

I cannot get enough of Jambi...
    drive less - RIDE MORE!
    dirt wrote:
    I cannot get enough of Jambi...

neither can i. i generally start 10000 days at jambi and loop it round so i at least hear vicarious last.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • natureboy46natureboy46 Posts: 165
    I'm not trying to dis here (actually never heard tool) but I have a question:

Is 11 songs normal for them? Was it a really short set or is each song like 10 minutes long?
    In the land of the little kings
    Profit is the only thing
    And everywhere the little kings
    Are getting away with murder
    - Paul Kelly

www.troywass.com
  • Last night at the Paramount was the best Tool show I've seen. Also the shortest. About 90-95 minute set, no encore. But they destroyed the place! Opened with Rosetta Stoned from the new record...holy shit. Other highlights for me was a mindbending version of The Patient from Lateralus, Forty Six&Two and Aenema as a closer. I honestly heard about 1 or 2 mistakes the whole night, Maynard was really on and the mix was really well done. Kudos to the sound guys last night, they've never sounded better to me. Danny Carey IS the best drummer in rock.

Tool at the Paramount: would've been worth scalper prices but I got lucky with TM
    Can't Touch the Bottom:
    10-20-01/ 10-21-01/ 2-26-02/ 12-6-02/ 12-8-02/ 12-9-02/ 6-1-03/ 6-2-03/ 6-3-03/ 6-5-03/ 6-6-03/ 10-25-03/ 10-26-03/ 10-28-03/ 9-1-05/ 9-2-05/ 7-13-06/ 7-15-06/ 7-16-06/ 7-18-06/ 7-20-06/ 7-22-06/ 7-23-06
  • WashMyLoveWashMyLove Posts: 804
    I am getting the cd tomorrow. I wish I was lucky enought to get tix for the NYC shows but both are sold out....
    :(
  • JamnPearlJamnPearl Posts: 204
    I'm listening to the 5/2 show right now, and so far RS is rocking hard.
  • molemanmoleman Posts: 8
    JamnPearl wrote:
    I'm listening to the 5/2 show right now, and so far RS is rocking hard.

Where did you find that?
  • Pretty good recording. Can't believe the shit got out so fast. Leave it to the TOOL fanatics.
    Can't Touch the Bottom:
    10-20-01/ 10-21-01/ 2-26-02/ 12-6-02/ 12-8-02/ 12-9-02/ 6-1-03/ 6-2-03/ 6-3-03/ 6-5-03/ 6-6-03/ 10-25-03/ 10-26-03/ 10-28-03/ 9-1-05/ 9-2-05/ 7-13-06/ 7-15-06/ 7-16-06/ 7-18-06/ 7-20-06/ 7-22-06/ 7-23-06
  • EnigmaEnigma Posts: 59
    I was one of the many hopelessly hanging outside of the Paramount. There was a guy who had saw them at Coachella. He drove all the way up here (~1400 mi.) to see them. Thing was, he didn't have a ticket and ended up not seeing them. Feel sorry for the guy. I left after some dude dropped $420 for a single ticket 30 minutes into the concert.
  • KricketKricket Posts: 707
    Enigma wrote:
    I was one of the many hopelessly hanging outside of the Paramount. There was a guy who had saw them at Coachella. He drove all the way up here (~1400 mi.) to see them. Thing was, he didn't have a ticket and ended up not seeing them. Feel sorry for the guy. I left after some dude dropped $420 for a single ticket 30 minutes into the concert.
    I hate scalpers!!!! And those kids who just buy them to sell for $800/pair online! I hate scalpers!
  • USCJeffUSCJeff Posts: 92
    I was at Coachella and Tool rocked! Ill post a review at some point of tomorrow nights show in Vegas after I get back
  • JamnPearlJamnPearl Posts: 204
    Does anyone have last nights setlist?
  • hodgehodge Posts: 519
    same as the 2nd
    don't expect it to vary much, if at all
    ..and you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable
  • CDCCDC Posts: 1
    I was one of the fortunate that got tickets through TM.
    I actually considered selling them but I remembered a couple of years ago, PJ was playing Benaroya hall and I tried to get tickets. I was online and on the phone, my stepdaughter was in line at TM and on the phone, my wife was on the phone and a friend of ours was on the phone and we all got shut out. Then I jumped on eBay and saw what the scalpers were doing. I was pissed!
    Flash forward two years and I'm on the other end of the deal... NO SALE.

The show on Tuesday night in Seattle was UN-FUCKING-REAL!
    Crystal Clear, Loud and as tight as a band gets.

I love Rosetta Stoned... especially the first minute or so.

The set list from 5/2 according to the Times was:

Lost Keys
    Rosetta Stoned
    Stinkfist
    Fort Six And 2
    The Pot
    Jambi
    Schism
    Eon Blue Apocalypse
    The Patient
    Sober
    Lateralus
    Vicarious
    Aenima

I was rocking too hard to remember myself :)

I can't wait until they come back.

I can't wait until 7/22 either!

CDC
  • guertin32guertin32 Posts: 205
    I was there at my first TOOL show and it was unfucking real. Great review dude.
    http://www.myspace.com/cravingstrangemusic <- my band
    MSG - NYC - 9-10-1998
    MSG - NYC - 9-11-1998 (BEST FKING SHOW!)
    Jones Beach - 8-25-2000
    Nassau Coliseum - 4-30-2003
    Irving Plaza - 5-5-06 (another great show)
    New Jersey - 6-1-06
    MSG - NYC - 6.24.08
  • Oh, Jimmy wrote:
    - jambi, i have now gone up to 99% sure that the middle lyric is in fact the word "Jam-bi" pronounced "Jam-bye". man that song shreds live.
    The lyric to that part is actually 'damn my eyes', not 'jam-bye'.