Amputechture.............

Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
edited October 2006 in Other Music
is flat out amazing.

The Mars Volta are by far the most technically proficient band goin now.

So abstract, yet so well put together.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Well put!;)
    I've got a feeling my Amputechture vinyl will be spinning for awhile....My favorite tracks as now are:Day of The Baphomets, Viscera Eyes and El Ciervo Vulnerado. Haven't seen Blake on drums yet but i hope he's great.
    11/01/96 warsaw
    06/15/00 katowice
    06/16/00 katowice
    09/22/06 prague
    09/23/06 berlin
    09/25/06 vienna
    06/13/07 chorzow
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    i just recently got really into Frances the Mute again so Amputechture is not on the playlist, but i do have it and yes it's pretty fucking good.
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    yeah really amazing. cant wait to see them open for the chili peppers in...6 days!!!!!!!!
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • i have deloused in the comatorium and frances the mute but i haven't been able to crack amputechture yet. it hasn't sucked me in!

i sure it will in time.

at the moment blood mountain by mastodon has me by the balls and i've not much time for anything else.
    www.facebook.com/PandoraApparel
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    at the moment blood mountain by mastodon has me by the balls and i've not much time for anything else.

I know what you mean i picked both of these up on the same day and Blood Mountain consumed me for weeks. I'm checking out the RHCP and TMV in two weeks though so i started listening ot the new Mars album and it is cool.

I love Viscera Eyes,The Baphomets, tetragrannaton, and vermicide. The others on the album are good as well but those seem awesome to me.

Not sure where i place this one compared to their others, but it is a cool album.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Fu_ManchuFu_Manchu Posts: 422
    At the Drive in were far superior.

Ive been dissapointed in them since.
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
  • audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    At the Drive in were far superior.

Ive been dissapointed in them since.

I do love The Mars Volta, but I have to agree. I've been listening to a lot of ATD-I of late.

I haven't yet been able to get into this new album that much. I love De-Loused and Frances was good, but this doesn't grab me.
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • Tmv > Atdi
  • Fu_ManchuFu_Manchu Posts: 422
    Tmv > Atdi

Yes.

Deloused was their best effort since ATDI
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
  • intodeep wrote:
    tetragrannaton

:D tetragrammaton

Can't compare ATDI with TMV..Completely different styles.Tho I have to admit I respect both of them-great energy!
    11/01/96 warsaw
    06/15/00 katowice
    06/16/00 katowice
    09/22/06 prague
    09/23/06 berlin
    09/25/06 vienna
    06/13/07 chorzow
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    I do like the mars volta and I have all their albums on my iPod including scab dates and missing chromosome (I have an obsessive friend) but I can't help feeling that I find them more impressive than I find them enjoyable. They blow my mind musically and I just dont understand how a band can be that talented but I just don't love them in the way my friend does. having said that, I like Amputechture more than D-LITC or Frances and it is more my style. I love how it is more jazz-fusion based. anyone else think that the intro to tetragrammaton sounds like the Mahavishnu Orchestra.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"