Opening band for Tool

Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
edited May 2007 in Other Music
I havent gotten word of who is opening for Tool. I assume since their tour is much like the last one they aren't playing for 4 hours or anything crazy. Is there an opener or am I in store for a short show. I was hopin Mastodon might open some shows on this tour. That was be pretty sweet.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• OttOtt Posts: 403
    Oh, Jimmy wrote:
    I havent gotten word of who is opening for Tool. I assume since their tour is much like the last one they aren't playing for 4 hours or anything crazy. Is there an opener or am I in store for a short show. I was hopin Mastodon might open some shows on this tour. That was be pretty sweet.
    These guys.
    http://www.kinski.net/news.html
    Saw them Monday night. Instrumental, but rockin. A little like Mars Volta. A little, mind you; rambling, groovy rock tunes. Truth be told, I enjoyed what I saw of them as much as the Tool performance. And they (Tool) played about two hours. Ott
    'Give me some music; music, moody food/ of us that trade in love'
    -Shakespeare
  • sadprofessorsadprofessor Posts: 1,034
    I think Kinski drops off in a few shows and Melt Banana becomes the opener.
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.
  • I saw Kinski open if CO Springs. They weren't that great, the drumming was unimaginative, and the entire set was pretty boring. The last song of their set was the only one I remotely enjoyed.
    Life reveals what is dealt through seasons
    Circle comes around each time
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    old friend of mine got 7 fourth row tickets. told him i'd only go if Isis was opening. they're not.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Oh, Jimmy wrote:

Mastodon would have been awesome. I think they are taking a couple of weeks off. they just finished up a tour here in Atlanta on saturday night.

I think after that they are headed over to europe for some shows.

i'm excited to see tool but i wish we got an opener like mastodon or isis. :(
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • tsopotelbatsopotelba Posts: 80
    Kinski is amazing. I've never seen them play a large venue opening for anyone, but they're amazing.