Black Sabbath to tour!

offhegoes09offhegoes09 Posts: 327
edited March 2007 in Other Music
not groundbreaking news, or brand new news, but I haven't seen a thread, and personally I'm damn excited...(as is Jack Black I'm sure)
Sabbath with Ronnie James Dio on vocals instead of Ozzy. Info is on tonyiommi.com
It's gonna be fucking sweet!
"The whole world will be different soon"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    yeah they played here last week, a few of my friends went and they seemed to love it off but they like sabbath so that would help
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
  • offhegoes09offhegoes09 Posts: 327
    mrwalkerb wrote:
    yeah they played here last week, a few of my friends went and they seemed to love it off but they like sabbath so that would help
    yeah, i think liking sabbath would be a good reason to see them in concert! I love dio, and I missed him last time he toured solo... so it'd be even better to see him with sabbath. now if only i can convice some people to go with me. it's a lot easier to get my girl to go see pj or kings of leon!
  • PissBottleManPissBottleMan Posts: 4,154
    Ronnie James Dio

I got a chance to do a radio interview with him about 7 years ago. He seems like a really down-to-earth guy.

I asked him about Sabbath and coming in after Ozzy...he said there wasn't any animosity and he enjoyed his experience with the band.

The cool thing was that he called the station for the interview, so when I answered the phone, he said, "This is Ronnie James". \m/

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
    I got a chance to do a radio interview with him about 7 years ago. He seems like a really down-to-earth guy.

I asked him about Sabbath and coming in after Ozzy...he said there wasn't any animosity and he enjoyed his experience with the band.

The cool thing was that he called the station for the interview, so when I answered the phone, he said, "This is Ronnie James". \m/

PBM
    you had to think he was bullshitting you when he first called in. I probably would have told him to fuck off. Good work though!
  • KricketKricket Posts: 707

PBM

That's priceless!!!

I gonna see if any last minute good seats come up for their show in London this wkend. I decided not to get tix at first but I already regret it, so we'll see what comes up?!?
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    ya

im seeing

Ozzy and Black label society in the same arena but the day after Pj @ wembley

fucks sake

no bill ward :(

im not gonna see them unless bill ward is playing
  • ArctangentArctangent Posts: 614
    not groundbreaking news, or brand new news, but I haven't seen a thread, and personally I'm damn excited...(as is Jack Black I'm sure)
    Sabbath with Ronnie James Dio on vocals instead of Ozzy. Info is on tonyiommi.com
    It's gonna be fucking sweet!

they are not touring as black sabbath, but as heaven and hell. just so as not to confuse anyone who might think they are going to see a band with ozzy singing.
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    Arctangent wrote:
    they are not touring as black sabbath, but as heaven and hell. just so as not to confuse anyone who might think they are going to see a band with ozzy singing.

haha i dont know why thats funny but it just is.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
    Arctangent wrote:

good info, i was not aware!