Bob Dylan Blonde On Blone.....holy Fuck!

nofxernofxer Posts: 18
edited September 2006 in Other Music
Woah so last night little board i decided to light up a doobie and stick blonde on blonde on my headphones. Ive never heard dylan like i heard it last night, more like felt it or saw it to be more exact.

His lyrics just put pictures and situations in my head, it was like watching my own crazy warped movie. Standouts were pledging me time, visions of johanna and 4th time around. I love how simply the band just jams too simple yet so effective. Last night shifted blonde on blonde onto my tied favourite record with Binaural. Im not sure if he ment it literaly but in the immortal words everybody must get stoned!

Anyone have any comments on blonde on blonde or dylan in general? I watched the no direction home doco a few nights ago to that was killer! I only recently turned 20 and its os awsome that music from so long ago still hits me so hard, timeless.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• CM1847CM1847 Posts: 577
    His new album is way, way better than any album by a 60+ year old should be.

Blood on the Tracks is my favorite thing he's done, but I love Blonde on Blonde as well.
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Dylan is classic. What more can I say. I do have trouble listening to his albums somtimes; his voice gets old, but his songwriting is beyond reproach. Ed does come close though imo. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • nofxer wrote:
    Woah so last night little board i decided to light up a doobie and stick blonde on blonde on my headphones. Ive never heard dylan like i heard it last night, more like felt it or saw it to be more exact.

His lyrics just put pictures and situations in my head, it was like watching my own crazy warped movie. Standouts were pledging me time, visions of johanna and 4th time around. I love how simply the band just jams too simple yet so effective. Last night shifted blonde on blonde onto my tied favourite record with Binaural. Im not sure if he ment it literaly but in the immortal words everybody must get stoned!

Anyone have any comments on blonde on blonde or dylan in general? I watched the no direction home doco a few nights ago to that was killer! I only recently turned 20 and its os awsome that music from so long ago still hits me so hard, timeless.

Dylan is fab. The docu is very cool as well.

I liked the part where he is out side of a shop in Lodon or whatever best. I need some one to bath my bird clip my cigarettes and stuff like that.

Dylan is stoned in that scene and he is so funny there, it's brilliant.

He's so young as well.
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    I love 'Blood on the tracks', but 'Bringing it all back home' has it all - Love minus zero, Subterranean homesick blues, gates of Eden, It's alright ma. I think Blonde on Blonde is definately one best heard intoxicated.
  • The man is a living god.

(I've been listening to him all morning and JUST put Blonde on Blonde on O_O )
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I really enjoy his stuff. It is amazing how well he writes a song.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Stuck Inside Of Mobile With The Memphis Blues Again!
    Those undecided,........ Needn't have faith to be free
    And those misguided, There was a plan for them to be
    Now you got both sides Claiming killing in Gods name
    But God is nowhere,..... To be found, conveniently

What goes on?
  • And these visions.... of Johanna... are now... all that remain..

Among all the songs he's written that can be called "greatest song in history" this one is one of my favorites... moving.

"Make our day"
  • yeah visions of johanna is unreal, some of the most haunting lyrics its great!
  • ObiObi Posts: 7
    fuck yeah

Bauwb is great...can't wait for the new album...supposedly it's very good!
    Love Light and Unity
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    Blonde on Blonde is indeed one of my favorite Dylan albums. It is an amazing album as you mentioned. Dylans Modern Times record is a fucking masterpiece too. WOW. five years of waiting, and we get this amazing album. I can't wait to hear some of it live. The new album kind of reminded me of the Oh Mercy album, not sure why though, but Blonde on Blonde is one of those almost perfect albums. I never cared for rainy day woman #12 and #35, I just don't like the production on that song and the way the instruments and vocals tie together, but the rest of the album is perfect. I love Sad eyed lady... all 12 minutes of it. Awesome thread man, Thanks for starting it,and reminding us all that Dylan is the shit! :D
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • red mos wrote:
    Blonde on Blonde is indeed one of my favorite Dylan albums. It is an amazing album as you mentioned. Dylans Modern Times record is a fucking masterpiece too. WOW. five years of waiting, and we get this amazing album. I can't wait to hear some of it live. The new album kind of reminded me of the Oh Mercy album, not sure why though, but Blonde on Blonde is one of those almost perfect albums. I never cared for rainy day woman #12 and #35, I just don't like the production on that song and the way the instruments and vocals tie together, but the rest of the album is perfect. I love Sad eyed lady... all 12 minutes of it. Awesome thread man, Thanks for starting it,and reminding us all that Dylan is the shit! :D
    Rainy Day Women annoyed the hell out of me...

... until like 6 months after i first heard it.. i have no fucking idea what happened in that span of time but i love that song now!

"Make our day"
  • LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    how odd....i'm listening to the album as we speak haha. "Just Like A Woman" is on right now
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • Oh man , it's a little unrelated but I listened to Dark Side of The Moon the other night when I was really baked and it was just such an experience....

Obviiosly that's a classic to listen to when stoned but it never gets old....David Gilmour really is a genious.
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • Oh man , it's a little unrelated but I listened to Dark Side of The Moon the other night when I was really baked and it was just such an experience....

Obviiosly that's a classic to listen to when stoned but it never gets old....David Gilmour really is a genious.
    Roger Waters was the genious!

Gilmour without Waters isn't great.

The stuff without Roger just bores me to tears (most of it).

I love that album btw.. sounds even better on vinyl ^_^

"Make our day"