Options

A REMIXED TEN? IS ANYONE WONDERING WHY?

force-10force-10 Posts: 794
edited January 2009 in The Porch
I really am looking forward to listen to the "obrienesque" feeling of THE TEN. I think he´s giving respect to parashar "claiming" to sell the raped version only along the remastered original (i´m more excited about that cd than the raped version), but i really think it´s bs.

I am sure only something good will come out of brendan and pearl jam coming together as a great team they are, but they are messing with something thats beyond the fact that they wish to re-release it the way they would have wanted it to be (thats the band´s personal issue, lucky for them they can!). I wonder what ten would have been with abruzzeze, it would be cool, but i would be so mad if they were to call him up and ask him to come record over krusen´s drums. I think it´s the same case going on with the remix, even if it´s going to be a minimum amount of change ( i guess we have to wait to say anything more).

I´ve heard what led zeppelin sounded before the remastered cd´s came out and it´s undescribable the difference, but remixed would have given me something different of what i love about the perfectly prouduced 70s led zep metal sound. Hendrix never liked his own voice and if he was to be alive (which is why I hate drugs so much!), unfortunately to mankind he isn´t, i think he wouldn´t remix his voice on his albums trying to reach the level he wanted to have on his first recordings (he probably didn´t have the resources to attend to singing classes at the time).

On REARVIEWMIRROR the remakes of brendan on black and once was great, but it was a compilation. Whenever i want to listen to YIELD I expect and try hard to listen to what i remember was so great about it. I can say i´m never going to listen to raped version but it would be a lie, we are all fans that we are going to buy it. One example (at least for me): Who can listen to led zeppelin´s kashmir again, the same way as when you heard it the first time, without thinking of that fucking puff daddy i fucking hate page for that! I only heard it for a few seconds and now i try not to think of the fucked up lyrics when i listen to it on graffiti! fuck them! truly!

calm............

WE ALL KNOW ITS NOT GOING TO BE AN EXTREME EXPERIENCE with the raped version of THE TEN. Even flow would have been a great song even if anyone else would have written it. Danceable with duran duran, or timberlake (hell imagine that), or industrialized with u2 (and remixed with them too, ja!). And even if you don´t like those bands you would have stopped and said "fuck...thats a great song! What a riff!" and probably you would have learned to play it on your guitar fuck yeah! so why mess with it? The whole album? I think they are playing with fire. Thats my opinion

PS. How the hell do you post a thread now? not a new thread you know, i mean continue to post a already "established thread". please help me ahhhh! i cant find the post icon on this new pit.
IN THE DARK, ALL CATS ARE BLACK.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ten sounds like shit production-wise... settle down... it'll be interesting to hear... PJ wouldn't be asking brendan to do it if they were content with the original mix... and its all about what the band wants... not keeping all of us fans happy in our nostalgia bubble

and to your P.S. - alot of people have been having problems with that... i think its just a bug that will hopefully be worked out... i was able to post right away after logging in the first time so i cant say for sure
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Nice responses so far. :( I'm excited to hear it. :) And to answer your question about posting, you need to be a 10c member and have your emails be the same for the 10c and the pit.
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    Pearl Jam said they don't want Brendan to rape Ten as much as they would prefer he just molest it a little bit. lol.
  • Options
    "The Ten" - this guy must be from some hispanic country, they always put unnecessary "the"'s in front of stuff.
  • Options
    I think you're taking the remix a little too seriously, it's not like they will stop selling the original. As for Hendrix, you do realise he probably wouldn't have wrote the music you love so much if it wasn't for drugs, think about that for a second.
    amongstthewav.es
    2006 - Leeds Festival
    2007 - London
    2009 - Manchester / London
    2010 - Berlin
    2012 - Manchester I / Manchester II / EV Manchester
  • Options
    interesting points....I can see where you're coming from but like everyone else i'm excited to hear it.
  • Options
    I don't think these are remixes in the same sense that Kashmir was cannibalized. I think you are going to primarily hear less vocal effects and a cleaner sound.

Who knows, though? i could be wrong.
  • Options
    jecicajecica Posts: 954
    They way I see it, remastering is like watching them on tour. Each time they play a song it is a little different from the last time. Some of us will notice, some won't.

I am more excited for all the other extras that come with the deluxe edition.
    Appreciation is a wonderful thing: It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.... (Voltaire)
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,149
    BOOM wrote:
    Pearl Jam said they don't want Brendan to rape Ten as much as they would prefer he just molest it a little bit. lol.

do you think you could use words other than 'rape' or 'molest'? i mean seriously. there's nothing LOL about your post. stop thinking like a character from south park.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,149
    TallGuyCM wrote:
    "The Ten" - this guy must be from some hispanic country, they always put unnecessary "the"'s in front of stuff.

and what the fuck is wrong with that? this pit fucking sucks today.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    wash_wash_ Posts: 1,073
    Yeah, I agree.

We'll then get loads of threads saying 'did you notice this bit here' etc...!

Can't wait for the remastered. I love original Ten and love the way it sounds. Other people think it's too 'grungy' and dated. Remastered version of the album should put an interesting aspect on the discussion.
    2006 ░▒▓ Astoria, Dublin, Leeds, Reading, Lisbon, Paris, Verona, Athens
    2007 ░▒▓ London, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009 ░▒▓ Manchester, London
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

*§* Music is all the juice i'll need *§*
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    Anyone here listen to the the Beatles album 'Let it Be' after they remixed it and stripped it down a bit in the re-release, 'Let it Be Naked'? Awesome re-release and i am really excited to hear what Brendan can do with Ten.
  • Options
    I think the songs on Ten are fantastic but as soon as I heard Brendan's production on Vs I knew the band had found their sound, Parasher's production is too polished and unlike Vs sounds like an album made in the early 90's whereas as most of the other albums sound petty timeless to me.

Now I'm not saying Obrien's rework will definitley be fantastic but I'm interested to hear this minus Parasher's polish and more like the album the band wanted originally but at the time were a new band and were less likely to stand their ground than thay would later on.

Ten may indeed be PJ's most famous and best selling album but it isn't that high up my list due too mostly the production and the fact it doesn't contain that personality that all the albums that followed did, I don't like things too produced I want rawness and jagged edges, now if Brendan and change that view I'm more than happy to see him let loose with the masters and are indeed excited to hear this so called rape of a classic.
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    Wonder what's gonna happen with Vs-Yield seeing that O'Brien produced and mixed those originally? I don't think any fan wants those albums fucked with. So I'm assuming that will mean that there won't be a huge box set for these. Possibly a CD/Vinyl/DVD with some extra songs and a concert DVD. That would be cool. I know I won't be able to drop $140ish on all the re-releases.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    Wonder what's gonna happen with Vs-Yield seeing that O'Brien produced and mixed those originally? I don't think any fan wants those albums fucked with. So I'm assuming that will mean that there won't be a huge box set for these. Possibly a CD/Vinyl/DVD with some extra songs and a concert DVD. That would be cool. I know I won't be able to drop $140ish on all the re-releases.
    yah my guess would be that subsequent releases will be a bit smaller... at least i hope so... i cant afford any more $140 packs either... i could go as high as $80... probably wont get anymore other than no code and yield... just cause i need those on vinyl

• Options
    AR8743AR8743 Posts: 12
    i think w/ ten, first and foremost, the reverb on the vocals will be removed. by doing that,it will sound like the whole band is playing in the same room as opposed to the band playing in one room and eddie being three rooms down the hall singing in the bathroom. more cohesive. the guitars will be brought up in the mix a little more and "beefed up". by this i mean, listen to the last chorus of alive at the 3:10 mark to the end and then listen to it on RVM. a more raw, live feel to it. i think that's what we have in store for us. in the end, if people don't go back and listen to the original closely, they probably won't hear that big of a difference. all i know is that i'm very excited about the remixes.
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    Quick question. Will the Alive, Once and Black Re-mixes on RVM be the same ones on the Ten re-issue? Or will BOB re-mix them again specifically for this release?
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    Quick question. Will the Alive, Once and Black Re-mixes on RVM be the same ones on the Ten re-issue? Or will BOB re-mix them again specifically for this release?
    i dont think BOB half assed it with those RVM remixes so i see no reason for him to redo em... but who knows... i think a remix of why go, porch, and deep will be great though!

• Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    BOOM wrote:

do you think you could use words other than 'rape' or 'molest'? i mean seriously. there's nothing LOL about your post. stop thinking like a character from south park.

Did you even read the original post. I was simply making fun of the original posters use of the word "raped" like four times.

I found that ridiculous so my post was showing how absurd he was being.

The fact that you missed that is a call for "LOL" however.
  • Options
    I'm just hoping for a scream at the beginning of Even Flow (ala the greatest hits version)
    I am right by your side...
  • Options
    AyeeeeAyeeee Posts: 80
    All I know is I just checked my credit card bill and in the middle is a big whopping $217.74 CDN charge for the super deluxe edition, fuck I am crazy. It better be spec-fucking-tacular.
    "Believe in lies... to get by..."
  • Options
    Answer to topic question: Because Ten sounds like it was produced in 1988 for a hair metal band (perhaps I should say "overproduced?").

Cincinnati, Columbus 2000
    Baltimore 2013
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    Answer to topic question: Because Ten sounds like it was produced in 1988 for a hair metal band (perhaps I should say "overproduced?").

Exactly. I can't listen to Ten anymore. I heard the remixes on RVM and they totally blew me away. I got chills the first time I listened to Black on RVM. Without all the reverb it let the true beauty of the song show. I'm really looking forward to seeing what BOB can do with songs like Release, Oceans, and Porch.