Chris Cornell at City Hall, Nashville, May 31 2007

googoo Posts: 226
edited May 2007 in Other Music
I've read several posts from people who have seen him on this recent tour, and I'm thinking about catching the show on Thursday. But I'm no more than a casual Chris Cornell fan, so I'm wondering a couple things. why is he touring by himself and not Audioslave... did they break up? it's also a bit strange to me that he's playing a very intimate club-like venue, when I would think that he could sell a reasonable amount of seats at the Ryman Auditorium or some other place. so is it worth the $35 ticket? is anyone else here going?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• stpmattbstpmattb Posts: 956
    He left Audioslave in February. He has a solo album coming out next Tuesday, June 5th called Carry On.

$35 is very worth it. His backing band is awesome and you will hear every big song that he's ever sang (Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, Audioslave and some of his own stuff).
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    yeah him and audioslave broke up. why he's playing in small venues? don't know. maybe he wants to become more intimate with the fans and give them a memorable performance. is he worth enough to go see live? uh...hell yeah! fricken amazing my friend. you will have fun.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,901
    goo wrote:
    so is it worth the $35 ticket?

ARE YOU FREAKIN' KIDDING ME?!?! GO TO THIS SHOW BEFORE I PERSONALLY GET ON A PLANE AND SLAP SOME CORNELL SENSE INTO YOU! HE IS ON FIRE RIGHT NOW. IF THERE IS AAAAANY TIME TO SEE HIM, IT'S RIGHT NOW!
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    PJammin' wrote:
    ARE YOU FREAKIN' KIDDING ME?!?! GO TO THIS SHOW BEFORE I PERSONALLY GET ON A PLANE AND SLAP SOME CORNELL SENSE INTO YOU! HE IS ON FIRE RIGHT NOW. IF THERE IS AAAAANY TIME TO SEE HIM, IT'S RIGHT NOW!

hahaha love your reply :D
  • ReleasHReleasH Posts: 743
    goo wrote:
    I've read several posts from people who have seen him on this recent tour, and I'm thinking about catching the show on Thursday. But I'm no more than a casual Chris Cornell fan, so I'm wondering a couple things. why is he touring by himself and not Audioslave... did they break up? it's also a bit strange to me that he's playing a very intimate club-like venue, when I would think that he could sell a reasonable amount of seats at the Ryman Auditorium or some other place. so is it worth the $35 ticket? is anyone else here going?

I'm going and I am so pumped for this show ... who in their right mind would pass up seeing Cornell at a small venue for $35 dollars!?!??

I'm fairly certain that it won't be too crowded either!
  • googoo Posts: 226
    alright alright, I'm in. how about a meet-up with anyone else who is going?
  • Indian SummerIndian Summer Posts: 2,296
    Yeah you should definitely go...I'm going to the Louisville show tomorrow night, and then again to the Cincy show on Friday....if tomorrow's show is as good as I'm hoping for, I may even slide down to Nashville to catch him Thursday after work.
    "It's all happening"
  • binauralsoundsbinauralsounds Posts: 1,357
    You SHOULD DEFINITELY drop the bones to go see him!! He and his band put on one FREAKING AMAZING SHOW!!!!!!! Indy was THE SHIT!! Tonight, it's THE VILLE and then Friday it's the nasty NATI. YUP, me and the lady catchin him 3 times in one week. HELL YES!!!!!!!!!

Wife is a huge Cornell fan and Pearl Jam fan and after INDY, her review after a ton of pj shows... "BEST EVER" hehehe.

You better catch his shows! TRUST ME/US!!!!!
  • binauralsoundsbinauralsounds Posts: 1,357
    Yeah you should definitely go...I'm going to the Louisville show tomorrow night, and then again to the Cincy show on Friday....if tomorrow's show is as good as I'm hoping for, I may even slide down to Nashville to catch him Thursday after work.

Yo, Indian, I'm in Orchestra 1 row F. I'll be the 6-4 275 cat with the german wifey. Can't miss me. lol. Hope to meet ya bro!

For what it's worth......

I'm still kicking myself in the ass for this because I missed it. Chris was out front in INDY at 6:30 signing and meeting fans that preorder his cd!!!

Me and the wifey goin to the Palace around 6:00 tonight to see if any of this shit goes down in the ville!

OH....... From what I hear... St. Louis show last night was TWO HOURS/35 MINUTES!!!!!! OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SHIT!!!!!!! VILLE... GET YOUR ASS READY:)
  • PJ-SinPJ-Sin Posts: 348
    YES, GO!!! SPEND THE MONEY!!!
    The show last night here in STL was absolutely amazing and yep, two and a half hours long, damn Im tired today...
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,870
    its worth it
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • googoo Posts: 226
    well, my friend bailed on me so I'll be flying solo at the show tonight it looks like. is anyone here going? it'd be cool to meet some of you if you are. also, does anyone know who has been opening for Chris? the show starts at 7, but I'm sure there will be an opener, so I'm not sure what time Chris' show will actually begin. anyone know?
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    In Louisville, the ticket said the show was to begin at 8:00. They even made announcements over the PA at 7:45 to make sure you were in your seats by then.

He came on at about 8:45 and played until 11:15.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • know1 wrote:
    In Louisville, the ticket said the show was to begin at 8:00. They even made announcements over the PA at 7:45 to make sure you were in your seats by then.

He came on at about 8:45 and played until 11:15.

Awesome!!

Anyone have a setlist??

btw $35?!?!?! Consider yourself lucky. He's coming here in July and the cost is $70!!!!!
    I'm still going tho.

and when he played The Phoenix in April, the price was $54. You are getting a bargin man!
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz