New Black Keys album "Attack and Release" comes out on April 1st!

evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,891
edited January 2008 in Other Music
Hey, I'm not sure if there are any Black Keys fans on the board (they opened for PJ on two or three concerts of the Euro 06 tour), but they have a new album coming out on April 1st.

A brief write up on the upcoming album
http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/page/news/47843-the-black-keys-reveal-danger-mouse-produced-album-

One of the songs off the upcoming album entitled "I Got Mine" from Lollapalooza 2007. It's fan shot, so the quality is low.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTLET-eDY4s

Just thought some of the peeps on the board might be interested! :)
I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
-Christopher Walken

you're=you are
your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
-Stephen Colbert
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Ill have to check that out
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,891
    apparently I'm the only one who has love for the Keys. Ouch.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • Great band. Was really impressed with them at Lolla.
    I know we've been to Ohio and I know we've never been to Toledo, and i know i've never smiled while wearing a speedo.
    ~E.V.
  • My first time was at Lolla as well. I bought Rubber Factory after I got home. Great Band!
    NERDS!
  • i like em
  • brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    good band.

represent!

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • One of the best, I'll be seeing em in SD, Pomona, and LA. Can't wait for the new album.
    When Jesus said "Love your enemies" he probably didn't mean kill them...

"Sometimes I think I'd be better off dead. No, wait, not me, you." -Deep Toughts, Jack Handy
  • I bought Rubber Factory a year ago after seeing them on Conan and I STILL have not picked up their Magic Potion album. I might go out and buy the new album and Magic Potion. I wanna see them live so badly too!
  • Best news of the day!
  • Black Keys are a great band. Anyone should pick up Magic Potion, it's a great album
  • nosajh9nosajh9 Posts: 122
    Akron kicks ass!!!!
    9/22/96 Toledo, OH. 8/26/98 Cuyahoga Falls, OH. 8/21/00 Columbus, OH. 8/25/03 Cleveland, OH. 8/26/03 Pittsburgh, PA. 10/03/04 Grand Rapids, MI. 5/20/06 Cleveland, OH. 6/23/06 Pittsburgh, PA. 6/22/08 Washington, DC. 5/06/10 Columbus, OH. 5/09/10 Cleveland, OH. 10/11/13 Pittsburgh, PA.
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    rubber factory rocks my buttholl
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • Huge Keys fan. Seen them 3 times now, 4th time is coming up in detroit. Went to the final show of the last tour in Akron back in December. Fantastic show.

They do not have a bad album out, Including Chulahoma the Junior Kimbrough cover's album.

I'm a little hesitant on the fact that they went to a real studio and have a producer like they are on this album. But it was bound to happen sooner or later.

Dan has great guitar tone, and one of the best live voices I've ever heard.

For those of you whom don't know who they are go check out Thickfreakness or Rubber Factory to get your feet wet. Then dive into Magic Potion and The Big Come Up. And finish it off with Chulahoma!
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • leethalleethal Posts: 134
    Stange Times... heeyah

http://hypem.com/track/480243
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    Really excited about this album. I've never seen them live but have been listening since 2003. I really wish they were playing Bonnaroo this year!
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    love this band.. great 2 piece and sensational live show. Have to check this one out. April 1st is going to be expensvie with R.E.M.'s new one coming out on the same day.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08