has anyone seen the Black Keys in concert?

evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,891
edited November 2006 in Other Music
Hey, all. I'm debating about checking out the black keys in a few weeks. Has anyone seen them live (opening for PJ or as a non supporting act)? Do they put on a good show? I dig most of their studio stuff. They're like a non poppy raw version of the white stripes.

Are they worth catching live? This will be at a relatively small club in Minneapolis, MN (First Avenue).
I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
-Christopher Walken

you're=you are
your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
-Stephen Colbert
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    i havent seen em live but i hear theyre damn good. a lot of fun.
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • saw them friday night in new york.

GO.

dont think twice. get your ticket and have a great time. trust me on this one. you wont be let down.
    they. rock.
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,891
    Hey, sigh_eternally, I noticed you're from Ohio, just like the Keys. Do they have a big following in OH?

Just like PJ, the Keys are right below the radar and put out great music.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    evenflow82 wrote:
    Hey, sigh_eternally, I noticed you're from Ohio, just like the Keys. Do they have a big following in OH?

Just like PJ, the Keys are right below the radar and put out great music.

PJ is below the radar? Where...Jupiter? :p
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    they are great live go and see em wont be a waste of cash!
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • they're pretty good live, but dont expect much as far as a long show, or crowd interaction.

they pretty much just roll right through 75 minute set, which at times can be kinda boring.
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
  • goldrushgoldrush Posts: 7,481
    i saw them last year in a really small university venue in Bristol, UK, on the Rubber Factory tour and earlier this year in the same venue on the Magic Potion tour and i'd see them again tomorrow if i could. you will not believe that two guys could make that kind of noise! their sound is so raw, so dirty so... 'real' i guess is the best way to describe it. their live set is more powerful than a lot of 'full' bands that i've seen and unlike a certain Mr White, the singing and playing is spot on.

as their website bio says:

"Dan howls sweetly and growls soulfully when he’s on stage, like a man whose only friends in the world are his songs of suffering and true romance and the guitar he plays them on. Patrick attacks his drums like they stole his mother’s purse."

if you don't take th opportunity to see them in a small venue you will always regret it, i promise you that
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • parel jamparel jam Posts: 7,223
    I've seen them in Fort Lauderdale (Florida) back in 2005. I believe they played the Culture Room...

Their music was really good. I think it's a real great band live, especially in smaller venues...although only 2 people are in that band, their sound is full and loud.
    ♪♫♪♫♫

http://youtube.com/watch?v=U_-WGNRyRzU

♪♫♪♫♫