moe

given2fly78given2fly78 Posts: 404
edited July 2007 in Other Music
I'm kind of starting to get into Jam Bands, and I'm really digging moe. Of course, they do have local ties to CNY so that's cool. Anyone else like them? I'm thinking about going to Moe.Down in Turin on Labor Day Weekend. Sounds like a fun time.

Lovin me some Captain America, just makes me want to dance!

Also liking Percy Hill, Addison Groove Project, Citizen Cope (not much jammy there but still wicked great musician), Disco Biscuits.....

Ben Harper is coming to Albany in September...WHOO HOOOO!!!!

Wow, that was all over the place LOL!
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. "
Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

I saw Hard To Imagine LIVE at MSG!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• harrymanbackharrymanback Posts: 435
    i like 'em ... not a big fan of jam bands like phish and string cheese, but i like moe's take on it.
    I don't want to be hostile. I don't want to be dismal. But I don't want to rot in an apathetic existance either.
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    I'm not huge in to jambands, but I've seen moe. in concert and they were phenomenal.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Moe Sizlack
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • toddiet123toddiet123 Posts: 271
    i like them. skilled players on each respective instrument (and then some). Like most/any jam bands the live concert is where to catch them. See them once and make up your mind is the best suggestion. Ask a long term deadhead/phishhead what their favorite studio album is and you'll get a stare..but ask them to list their favorite live show...expect a list.
  • The VacantThe Vacant Posts: 271
    Opium may be my favorite moe. tune.

There are a bunch of moe. shows over at http://www.archive.org. Check some out.

As a matter of fact, I may just do that myself. Some live Water or Plane Crash would be nice right about now.
  • Local CrewLocal Crew Posts: 745
    they are cool dude. the last band added to lollapalooza. i will definately be checking out there set. maybe the only jam band this year?
    Walk Tall, Kick Ass, Learn to Speak Arabic, Love Music, and Never Forget You Come From a Long Line of Truth Seekers, Lovers, and Warriors. HST

CHILLIN LIKE BOB DYLAN!!!
  • wma11wma11 Posts: 790
    I've seen moe a bunch of times...GREAT live...saw them at The Elec. Factory on Halloween (2001?) open up and play the whole Dark Side of the Moon album and show The Wizard of Oz on 2 screens...pretty surreal. Can't wait to see them again at Lolla!!
    I met my wife here...you can too! Don't lose hope!
  • augustwestaugustwest Posts: 739
    Everyone I've taken to moe over the years has thanked me.

They are an incredible live band.