Options

Best program for organizing your music

gtbrown77gtbrown77 Posts: 140
edited January 2006 in Other Music
Okay, so here's the problem. I've got about 15GB worth of music on my computer - most of it my own CDs that I've ripped to my computer so I don't have to go back to my CD collection to listen to something. But when looking for something in my music folder, I find it kind of nauseating to try to look for something, since there's over 3000 songs to look through. I've got 'em all labeled in the same format, (Artist - Song Title), but sometimes it gets difficult finding something.

So, what does everybody else use to keep their music collections well organized and makes it easy to find something? Thanks.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."
-John Lennon
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,749
    musicmatch automatically makes folders for artists and then in the artists folder it creates another folder for the album by the artists and then in the album folder is where it places all the song files.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    Okay I cannot remember the name of the program I am using right now, but I *THINK* it is called Mp3tag and it is useful as hell and also free. Then there is mp3 Tag & Rename which I really liked but unfortunately costs money and was too much of a hassle to crack, so I use the free one which is working just as well.
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • Options
    patw486patw486 Posts: 52
    download itunes its free and it rules
  • Options
    Definitely iTunes. I'm generally pretty anti-Apple, but it really is the best music program out there.