New Breeders Album - Mountain Battles

keithjamkeithjam Posts: 38
edited June 2008 in Other Music
I just picked up the New Breeders Album. It is really great, like Title TK. I can't stop saying I love no one, no one loves me. Personally I like the Breeders much more than the Pixies.

What do you think of Mountain Battles?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• The song is called "Bang On." And it's a really excellent album. I saw the Breeders last Saturday, and they were incredible.
    Horry Kow!
  • Them-BonesThem-Bones Posts: 518
    I got it the day it came out, The Breeders are one of my favorite bands and the album is excellent.

Saw them at the end of April, it was really cool, Kim handed me a setlist
    "If my thoughts, dreams, could be seen, they'd probably put my head, in a guillotine, but it's alright ma, it's life and life only."
  • PaukPauk Posts: 1,084
    I'm gonna be slightly controversial and say I think it's just alright. It's not bad, and I wasn't exactly expecting revolutionary things from the Breeders, but it's just not Pixies! I much prefer Pod.

Sorry :o
    Paul
    '06 - London, Dublin, Reading
    '07 - Katowice, Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    '09 - London, Manchester, London
    '12 - Manchester, Manchester, Berlin, Stockholm, Copenhagen
  • I don't really like it. Pretty dull, songs don't seem to ever go anywhere. Saw them last Friday and it was an alright show, not bad but I wasn't blown away.
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • keithjamkeithjam Posts: 38
    The greatness of the Breeders is that you have no clue what the lyrics mean. But they sound good when Kim and the group mash them together. The album is great.

I live in Miami and the Breeders aren't performing anywhere in Florida. I'm jealous of all u guys who got to see them.
  • hguz73hguz73 Posts: 245
    fowls wrote:
    I'm gonna be slightly controversial and say I think it's just alright. It's not bad, and I wasn't exactly expecting revolutionary things from the Breeders, but it's just not Pixies! I much prefer Pod.

Sorry :o

..or Last Splash
  • PearlJamaholicPearlJamaholic Posts: 2,018
    i wanted to like it since it takes forever for a breeders album to come out but i just thought meh, at least its not bad.