Finally Saw Wilco Live...

bmwweirdoguybmwweirdoguy Posts: 228
edited August 2007 in Other Music
Man, there's one band that I've loved for a long time that I hadn't seen perform live...until last night. Had a great time seeing Wilco play. It was an outdoor concert, so no reserved seating, which I didn't like, but that was the only thing. They have such a great stage presence, and Jeff can be such a comedian. Not a single boring moment in the whole show. Plus watching Nels shred up his guitar was amazing! You can tell by watching them that they're all enjoying themselves so much up there, it's great to see!
"Trial and error isn't a bad way to learn how to build an aircraft, but it can be a disastrous way to learn how to build a civilization..."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Man, there's one band that I've loved for a long time that I hadn't seen perform live...until last night. Had a great time seeing Wilco play. It was an outdoor concert, so no reserved seating, which I didn't like, but that was the only thing. They have such a great stage presence, and Jeff can be such a comedian. Not a single boring moment in the whole show. Plus watching Nels shred up his guitar was amazing! You can tell by watching them that they're all enjoying themselves so much up there, it's great to see!

good for you, wilco has been one of my fav live bands for the past 3 years. Nels is incrediable!
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    Their Ghost is Born show here was possibly my favorite concert experience. They rocked the house.
  • rhinomagicrhinomagic Posts: 2,549
    Glad that Nels survived his bout with the chicken pox. :D

Wilco is aces!

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,848
    simply one of the best bands out there right now

Kotche is a friggin animal live
  • Get_Right wrote:
    simply one of the best bands out there right now

Kotche is a friggin animal live
    He was hilarious towards the end, I think at the start of the second to last song...misunderstood I think...he stood up behind his drum kit with his arms raised in a v and spun his drumsticks...it was rockin! Plus he just pounded the crap out of that song, a great drummer!
    "Trial and error isn't a bad way to learn how to build an aircraft, but it can be a disastrous way to learn how to build a civilization..."
  • r1versr1vers Posts: 244
    ahhh very glad to hear it...like you i've been a fan for a few years but never have been able to see em for various reasons. that's finally going to change on monday in San Diego - anyone else gunna be there? i'm incredibly excited and recent reports have been great.
    "Last time I think we played that song here was like, a long time ago, and there was a bonfire in the back and people were like throwing each other into it...very exciting days but a huge fucking relief that that's not how it is tonight..." Ed Irvine Night 1 2003, after Deep
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    finally saw this this year for the first time in April in Melb. Very impressed but it was only a warm up type show.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
    He was hilarious towards the end, I think at the start of the second to last song...misunderstood I think...he stood up behind his drum kit with his arms raised in a v and spun his drumsticks...it was rockin! Plus he just pounded the crap out of that song, a great drummer!

Nice. He usually does that before I'm the man who loves you. I think Jeff urges him to do it because Jeff thinks it is funny.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • rhinomagicrhinomagic Posts: 2,549
    intodeep wrote:
    Nice. He usually does that before I'm the man who loves you. I think Jeff urges him to do it because Jeff thinks it is funny.

Yes. He definitely did that in Atlanta, in his dry, comfortable spot underneath the pavillion, while us peasants got drenched.

Funny moment! Glad this band has a sense of humor about themselves. There was a time when that wasn't so much the case.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
    rhinomagic wrote:
    Yes. He definitely did that in Atlanta, in his dry, comfortable spot underneath the pavillion, while us peasants got drenched.

Funny moment! Glad this band has a sense of humor about themselves. There was a time when that wasn't so much the case.

I loved that show at chastain even though it felt like i was in a pool watching them :)
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22