Smashing Pumpkins ~ Boston 10/15/07

superdeluxesuperdeluxe Posts: 119
edited October 2007 in Other Music
They played Where Boys fear to tread and let me give the world to you. As well as more Set the Ray to Jerry/Starla/Hummer

I can't believe it.

UGH.

Did anyone from here go?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,943
    WOW, great song!:-)
    Budapest.Budapest.Arnhem.Antwerpen.Vienna.Madrid.Katowice.Nova_rock.Nijmegen.Rotterdam.Berlin.Dublin.Belfast.London.Venice.Prague.Stockholm.Copenhagen.Vienna.Leeds.Milton_keynes.Padova.Prague.Seattle1.Seattle2.Chicago1.Budapest.Cracow.Vienna..>>>LONDON.BERLIN1.BERLIN2
    Eddie: Dublin & London
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    "......."

hey superdeluxe, your username is the exact same name some condom company over here use to label a certain product of theirs..... :D
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • glasshouse wrote:
    hey superdeluxe, your username is the exact same name some condom company over here use to label a certain product of theirs..... :D

Really? Nice! :) I guess..

:)
  • doughdough Posts: 9
    i was there!
  • the Orpheum is really small. 2500 people roughly. I'm not a big fan of the Pumpkins, however if there was any place to go see them, that would definitely be the place! Congrats to all who went! Isn't there a 2nd show??

I was lucky enough to work at that venue for a couple of seasons, got to see all sorts of shows. Now I just make recommendations to my friend who still works there. She is horrible with names, so I match up the songs for her.....
    Let's Go Red Sox!
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,706
    momofglynn wrote:
    Isn't there a 2nd show??
    That was the 2nd show, 1st was Saturday, 3rd is tonight.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • I was at the second show...........hell of a performance! (I could have done with out the commuter train being significantly late however, and then being forced to fly down Rt. 2 to avoid missing the show!!)

explosions in the sky really set the tone for the night too. beautiful stuff.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
  • JSBEJSBE Posts: 1,077
    i went to the 3rd show last night (10/16) and it thought it was all over the place and the crowd seemed lame to me. i could have done without the 15+ minute versions of glass and the ghost children and heavy metal machine though.

i thought the zeitgeist stuff sounded great, but it almost seemed like they were going through the motions with some of the siamese dream stuff. i wish i went to the 10/15 show...from what i've heard that was epic.

explosions in the sky were great though. saw them a tt's a couple years ago, so seeing them in a place as "big" as the orpheum was a little weird at first. i was just a little bummed that the t-shirt i wanted was women's only.
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    damn, so someone here actually went to that show :(

im waiting for the bootleg!
  • r1versr1vers Posts: 244
    yeah let me know/reply on here when you hear about a boot of this show...playing set the ray lately is ridiculous. awesome song.
    "Last time I think we played that song here was like, a long time ago, and there was a bonfire in the back and people were like throwing each other into it...very exciting days but a huge fucking relief that that's not how it is tonight..." Ed Irvine Night 1 2003, after Deep
  • They played Where Boys fear to tread and let me give the world to you. As well as more Set the Ray to Jerry/Starla/Hummer
    :D

Busting out the goodies huh Billy?