Rage and Prince to headline Bumbershoot?

superdeluxesuperdeluxe Posts: 119
edited May 2008 in Other Music
http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/summer-music-guide/2008/index.jsp

Billboard's summer music guide says Rage and Prince at Bumbershoot:

BUMBERSHOOT
August 30 - September 1
Seattle Center, Seattle
Lineup Includes: Prince, Beck, Stone Temple Pilots, Rage Against the Machine, Neko Case, Lucinda Williams
Festival Web Site: http://www.bumbershoot.org

Originally beginning as The Seattle Arts Festival in 1971, Bumbershoot consists of a variety of art, including music, film, comedy, theater, spoken word, dance, visual, performance, and literary arts. The festival takes place at the Seattle Center, a 74-acre park with over 20 indoor/outdoor venues and independent vendors located throughout the area. Headliners aside, other must see artists include !!!, Ingrid Michaelson, M. ward, and Del tha Funkee Homosapien.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• BremertonBremerton Posts: 279
    Good find. Of course I passed on the $60 pass for 3 days. My trip to Lolla is looking more and more unnecessary by the minute.
  • quasiquasi Posts: 492
    I got the $60 3 day pass this year (missed it last year). I usually look forward to the acts that I know nothing about more than the headliners. Booked my flight yesterday.
    SEA 9/20/92, SEA 12/7/93, SEA 12/31/94 (MS), SEA 11/5/00, SEA 11/6/00, SEA 12/8/02, SEA 12/9/02, BEN 10/22/03, GOR 9/1/05, SD 7/7/06, LA 7/10/06, LA 7/12/06, LA (EV) 4/12/08, LA (EV) 4/13/08, LA 7/12/08, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/7/09, SEA 12/6/13, SEA 8/8/18
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    damn, thats cool. rage. wow. havent seen them in 11 years. never seen beck or prince or STP.....lotta birds getting killed with 60 bones.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • rhinomagicrhinomagic Posts: 2,549
    What's with Prince showing up on the festival circuit? I mean, I like it, but I wish he'd do that somewhere a little closer to my part of the country.

That's a great line-up there for those of you in PNW. Get there!

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • EquallyWorthlessEquallyWorthless Posts: 3,993
    dude you are reading this way wrong, thats not what it says at all...

its highlighting all the bands who are headlining all the festivals this summer, indeed RATM and Prince headlined festivals this summer but not Bumbershoot.

BUMBERSHOOT
    August 30 - September 1
    Seattle Center, Seattle
    Lineup Includes: Beck, Stone Temple Pilots, Neko Case, Lucinda Williams

Originally beginning as The Seattle Arts Festival in 1971, Bumbershoot consists of a variety of art, including music, film, comedy, theater, spoken word, dance, visual, performance, and literary arts. The festival takes place at the Seattle Center, a 74-acre park with over 20 indoor/outdoor venues and independent vendors located throughout the area.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • funky and rockin...nice
    San Diego, July 07, 2006
    Los Angeles, July 10, 2006
    Bridge School Benefit, October 21, 2006
    Bridge School Benefit, October 22, 2006
    Lollapalooza, August 5th, 2007
    eV., Los Angeles April 12, 2008
    eV., San Diego April 15, 2008
    Given to Fly___..
  • mensanemensane Posts: 912
    dude you are reading this way wrong, thats not what it says at all...

its highlighting all the bands who are headlining all the festivals this summer, indeed RATM and Prince headlined festivals this summer but not Bumbershoot.

BUMBERSHOOT
    August 30 - September 1
    Seattle Center, Seattle
    Lineup Includes: Beck, Stone Temple Pilots, Neko Case, Lucinda Williams

Originally beginning as The Seattle Arts Festival in 1971, Bumbershoot consists of a variety of art, including music, film, comedy, theater, spoken word, dance, visual, performance, and literary arts. The festival takes place at the Seattle Center, a 74-acre park with over 20 indoor/outdoor venues and independent vendors located throughout the area.

they changed it....when this thread was started, it DID say Prince and Rage. ah well, knew it was too good to be true.
  • superdeluxesuperdeluxe Posts: 119
    mensane wrote:
    they changed it....when this thread was started, it DID say Prince and Rage. ah well, knew it was too good to be true.

Don't give up yet, they might have let the cat out of the bag.
  • EquallyWorthlessEquallyWorthless Posts: 3,993
    Don't give up yet, they might have let the cat out of the bag.

Honestly, I really hope you're right.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • CommyCommy Posts: 4,984
    wait-is rage getting back together?
  • mensanemensane Posts: 912
    Honestly, I really hope you're right.

me too
  • Lukin66Lukin66 Posts: 3,063
    mensane wrote:
    me too
    me three! and for everyone in seattle, I think starbucks is selling the reduced price tickets again this year....just fyi :)
    deep, deep blue of the morning
    gets to me every time