Bumbershoot 2007

aqua amesaqua ames Posts: 94
edited June 2007 in Other Music
Kings of Leon and Crowded House are both playing. Makes me wonder...

Has anyone gone to this before?

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/pop/318717_bumber07.html

Bumbershoot adds additional music and comedy to 2007 lineup
By GENE STOUT
P-I POP MUSIC CRITIC

More music and more comedy have been added to a Bumbershoot festival lineup already bursting at the seams.

Additional music acts include Sean Paul, Kings of Leon, Gym Class Heroes, Rodrigo & Gabriela, Andrew Bird, The Frames, Ted Leo and the Pharmacists, the Greyboy Allstars, the Damnwells and Zap Mama.

Radio personality Janeane Garofalo, "SNL" veteran Fred Armisen and NPR film, TV and radio personality Andy Borowitz are beefing up a comedy lineup that already features Jonathan Coulton, Eugene Mirman and DJ, comedian and writer Craig Baldo.

Separately, billboard.com reported Tuesday that a Joss Stone summer tour will include a performance at Bumbershoot. That show is not included in the latest announcement from Bumbershoot.

Previously announced musicians for 2007 are The Shins, Wu-Tang Clan, Panic! At the Disco, Crowded House, Lupe Fiasco, Steve Earle, DeVotchKa, Devendra Banhart, Kill Hannah, The Gourds, Norma Jean and others.

The 37th annual Bumbershoot: Seattle's Music & Arts Festival, produced by One Reel, is Sept. 1-3 at Seattle Center. The complete lineup will be announced this summer.

Three-day passes are available at bumbershoot.org for $75 through Aug. 17 and $95 afterward. Date-specific single-day tickets will be available for $30 July 13 through Aug. 17 and $35 afterward.

Festival tickets don't guarantee entry to the Mainstage shows. You'll have to get a separate free pass while they last at information booths on the festival grounds.

For a complete, updated schedule, visit bumbershoot.org.

P-I pop music critic Gene Stout can be reached at 206-448-8383 or genestout@seattlepi.com.
2000: Seattle I & II
2003: Fargo, St Paul, Santa Barbara
2005: The Gorge & Thunder Bay
2006: Chicago I & II, St Paul I & II, Portland, The Gorge I & II,
Honolulu
2009: Seattle I & II, Portland
2011: Vancouver B.C.
2013: Wrigley Field Chicago & Seattle
2014: St. Paul
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments