Options

The Black Crowes

fanner71fanner71 Posts: 19
edited February 2006 in Other Music
I encourage all of you North East Ten-Clubbers to bye tix for one, two or three of the following shows:

12/28 in Springfield, MA
12/30 in Providence, MA
12/31 in NYC @ MSG

This band came back from the Dead and literally barn-stormed the country, playing an insane amount of gigs at any venue that would take them. I caught 4 of the shows this past summer and fall - and they were all balls-to-the-walls R&R. They went for it every night and not for riches as they played small/medium sized theatres and ballrooms. Marc Ford is a bad-ass guitarist and Chris Robinson has unlimited soul-depth vox.

GO TO THESE SHOWS!!!!
Our love is like our music, it's here... and then it's gone.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    fanner71 wrote:
    I encourage all of you North East Ten-Clubbers to bye tix for one, two or three of the following shows:

12/28 in Springfield, MA
    12/30 in Providence, MA
    12/31 in NYC @ MSG

This band came back from the Dead and literally barn-stormed the country, playing an insane amount of gigs at any venue that would take them. I caught 4 of the shows this past summer and fall - and they were all balls-to-the-walls R&R. They went for it every night and not for riches as they played small/medium sized theatres and ballrooms. Marc Ford is a bad-ass guitarist and Chris Robinson has unlimited soul-depth vox.

GO TO THESE SHOWS!!!!

This just in, Marc Ford is an insanely good guitar player. The show I saw in Atlanta was great. It's worth it just to listen to Marc and Rich play, then you add everybody else.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    Ya, I love the Black Crowes!!!

I personally thought Rich sounded better @ theToronto show but his guitar channel was definitly louder.

People should go to these shows if they can, they rock!!!!
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • Options
    I've got tickets for the Shepherd's Bush Empire shows in London next year.
    I think there are still tickets available for the Monday show - so if you UK jammers want to see a great band in a top venue - get 'em quick!
    You've had a hard time? I've been here five years, they only hung me the right way up yesterday.
  • Options
    Picked up tickets for the Providence show today. I saw them in NH last spring and they were great.
    I will feel....alive....as long as I'm freeeeeeee...
  • Options
    Iampatriot wrote:
    Picked up tickets for the Providence show today. I saw them in NH last spring and they were great.

we're you at the Friday or Sat night show?
  • Options
    Saw Black Crowes in Raleigh and Asheville. Awesome-highly recommend. Like PJ, set varies greatly. Love the Amorica songs live and Sole Salavation was sweet in Raleigh!!
    PJ Cincy 00, Lex 03, Columbus 03, Hershey 03, Benaroya 03, Boston 9/28/04, Toledo 04, Grand Rapids 04, St.L 04, Asheville 04, Kitchener 05, London 05, Hamilton 05, Montreal 05, Ottawa 05, Philly 05, Chicago I & II 06, Cincy 06, Las Vegas 06, SD 06, EV LA2 08, Columbia 08, Camden I & II 08
  • Options
    Yea I saw them in Columbus back in July. 1st time seeing them actually and the show totally kicked my ass!! I would looove to see them again. Great great live band.
  • Options
    fanner71 wrote:
    we're you at the Friday or Sat night show?

I was there Saturday.
    I will feel....alive....as long as I'm freeeeeeee...
  • Options
    pipedreams wrote:
    Saw Black Crowes in Raleigh and Asheville. Awesome-highly recommend. Like PJ, set varies greatly. Love the Amorica songs live and Sole Salavation was sweet in Raleigh!!

The Crowes rock. I caught them with Petty. It's a shame Petty didn't open for them. We got about and hour of Crowes and Petty played his hits a new song and 2 songs off of Wildflowers. Crowes shoulda closed the show. I seen Petty 3 years ago and he was awesome. That 3 years made him too old. The song is Sometimes Salvation btw.
  • Options
    chris3chris3 Posts: 43
    Ah, my 2nd favorite band!!! The Atlanta run was insane!!! But the fillmores were better then the LA run was fucking unreal. This band gives Pearl Jam a run for their money live. I was lucky enough to catch 6 shows this tour and they were all great but the Atlanta ones were special. Of course when I am unable to go catch them live they start playing 2 sets. Wish i coulda seen one of those shows.
  • Options
    Bob WeirBob Weir Posts: 850
    Just in case any BC fans didn't know,Chris R will be doing a small northeast tour with Phil Lesh and Friends starting tonight.
    I need a fix 'cause I'm going down
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    dont know if you read my post

but iam 15 and iam seeing them live march 18th 2006 :D
  • Options
    NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    pipedreams wrote:

I saw them in Raleigh too. It was the 2nd time Ive seen them in that venue and they are great live. I love seeing a great rock band like them in a smaller place. Its just so much better than a large arena show. When are we going to see another album from those guys?
    Brian
  • Options
    The band has been on fire. I wish they were playing Pearl Street in Northhampton instead of Springfield. Caught them 5x this year and the band is sounding great. The last show I saw was in Philly and I finally got to hear Descending and Girl From a Pawnshop live. They pulled off some great covers this tour.
  • Options
    Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,229
    fanner71 wrote:

12/28 in Springfield, MA
    12/30 in Providence, MA
    12/31 in NYC @ MSG

GO TO THESE SHOWS!!!!

Sup Fanner...you wouldn't be a TBC message board member would ya??? Milestone perhaps?? Im just taking a guess as my account hasn't been activated yet by the mods (I'm CAmorican, awaiting to be activated..will it ever? lol) Well if it is you...or if you are a member of that board...how bout hookin' a brotha up and letting them know I need some activation!!!!!

Anyway, I''ve been to six shows this year so far (3 shows from the Fillmore run, one L.A., one Vegas and the all mighty Halloween gig in Chicago) and it looks as though I'll be adding more to that list when I see 'em in Providence and MSG.....fuck yea!!!!! I've got my Providence tickets already and I'll be picking up the newly released MSG seats on Dec 3rd.

Anyone who does not go see this band live is really missing out on probably one of the best live bands out there!!!! It's so hard to put into words the experience of what it feels like being at one of their gigs, but if i had to describe it I would say it was like going to "rock n' roll" church...a good ole fashioned rock n' roll revival!...right down to the people dancin' like crazy and waving their hands up in the air rejoicing to the sermon that Chris, Rich, Marc, Steve, Eddie & Sven are preachin'...man I get chills just thinking about it.

It's hard to believe that each show I go to, the performance and the overall experience just gets better and better. I keep wondering when I'm finally gonna end up at one of their "off-night" gigs (i'll take a TBC off night though anyday).

Peace & Be TALL,

J.
  • Options
    Are they coming back around? They just opened for Tom Petty this past summer....cool beans if so?!?
    If I could be anything in the world I would be your teardrop...I would be born in your eyes, live on your cheeks, and die on your lips.
  • Options
    imspinnin wrote:
    Are they coming back around? They just opened for Tom Petty this past summer....cool beans if so?!?

Well, they're not really coming around again so to speak...just a couple of shows to close out the year, then they're headed off to Europe for some dates in Amsterdam and London in March '06.

In addition to them opening for Petty (never go see this band open for anyone, as they are like fine wine..they need some breathing time before they hit full speed and a opening slot just doesn't cut it) they did a bunch of headlining shows at small venues all across the U.S....i believe I saw that it was 126 shows in all (including the Petty and pre-tour warm-up gigs)

Catch 'em if you can...

Peace & Be TALL,

J.
  • Options
    Iampatriot wrote:
    I was there Saturday.
    i was the stoned/drunk guy on cloud 9, pinned to the back wall of the room with perma-grin

loved the "Torn & Frayed" closer
  • Options
    Sup Fanner...you wouldn't be a TBC message board member would ya??? Milestone perhaps?? Im just taking a guess as my account hasn't been activated yet by the mods (I'm CAmorican, awaiting to be activated..will it ever? lol) Well if it is you...or if you are a member of that board...how bout hookin' a brotha up and letting them know I need some activation!!!!!

Anyway, I''ve been to six shows this year so far (3 shows from the Fillmore run, one L.A., one Vegas and the all mighty Halloween gig in Chicago) and it looks as though I'll be adding more to that list when I see 'em in Providence and MSG.....fuck yea!!!!! I've got my Providence tickets already and I'll be picking up the newly released MSG seats on Dec 3rd.

Anyone who does not go see this band live is really missing out on probably one of the best live bands out there!!!! It's so hard to put into words the experience of what it feels like being at one of their gigs, but if i had to describe it I would say it was like going to "rock n' roll" church...a good ole fashioned rock n' roll revival!...right down to the people dancin' like crazy and waving their hands up in the air rejoicing to the sermon that Chris, Rich, Marc, Steve, Eddie & Sven are preachin'...man I get chills just thinking about it.

It's hard to believe that each show I go to, the performance and the overall experience just gets better and better. I keep wondering when I'm finally gonna end up at one of their "off-night" gigs (i'll take a TBC off night though anyday).

Peace & Be TALL,

J.

I'm "fanner71" on that board as well. I'm fanner71 wherever I go, and my brother is fanner75....

TBC are R&R REVIVALISTS, they are the ring-bearers of our Middle Earth.

Inre: getting board confirmation, be patient their moderators are not like the Kat/Sea powerhouses....
  • Options
    [Peace & Be TALL,

J.[/quote]

Is this J Mascis of Dino Jr? I'll see you tonight at the DVD shoot in Cambridge @ The Middle East - throw me a pic, you demi-god, half son of Jimmy Page!
  • Options
    fanner71 wrote:
    [Peace & Be TALL,

J.

Is this J Mascis of Dino Jr? I'll see you tonight at the DVD shoot in Cambridge @ The Middle East - throw me a pic, you demi-god, half son of Jimmy Page![/quote]

LOL...sorry bro, not J Mascis, enjoy the show though!

Peace & Be TALL,

J.
  • Options
    MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,117

No, but I AM Milestone on TBC board. I'll see if I can help get you activated over there. Peace.
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.  5-10-2024 Portland.  5-30-2024 Seattle.
  • Options
    bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,070
    I'm eatcrowe in the bc board...proud to be an Amorican...PJ and the Crowes ..2 best bands around right now!!
  • Options
    Milestone wrote:
    No, but I AM Milestone on TBC board. I'll see if I can help get you activated over there. Peace.

Well, I believe you did help me Milestone as my account is now activated...FINALLY!! Jesus, i've been reading that board so long now that I feel like I know you as well as many others on that board..hahaha. If you were responsible in getting me activated...much props to ya bro!!! I'm CAmorican on the TBC site and will probably make my first official post later this evening!!!

Peace & Be TALL,

J.
  • Options
    I knew they would be good live, but they blew my fuckin doors off, when I caught them headlining. Seen them at the Pageant in St Lou on 01. They closed with Can't Ya Hear Me Knockin' by the Stones and it was supreme. They are the most rock and roll, rock and roll band in the world. And I love how they jam, but don't get carried away with it. A good 45 minute jam is good, but the Crowes just seem like they are pushin the boundaries a bit more than your standard jam band. Alotta bands on the scene just jam to jam, with no thought to how it fits with the original piece of music.
  • Options
    I am listening to the 9/30/05 show right now. I was there and it is all coming back to me. What a fucking show. I was not planning on going to the Garden on NYE but I am starting to have second thoughts.
  • Options
    best available for NYE from ticketbastard...

section 308
    row M

looks like they did a pretty good job filling the garden for NYE !
  • Options
    They added Trey from Phis at the last minute, so that spiked their sales. I'm headed to Lupo's down in Providence, RI this Friday, I'm kinda psyched!!!
  • Options
    bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,070
    Rumour has it the Crowes have let their keyboard player go. The board is sad.
  • Options
    i really hope they play either wakarusa or 10klf this year.
    "I feel it!"- Eddie, during Alive solo, Chicago 2003