Bright Eyes - Cassadaga leak?

AngusAngus Posts: 376
edited March 2007 in Other Music
So did this leak now last night or what was that all bout? Apparently the torrent was deleted when everyone was stuck at 31.3% or something like that.
00: 7/2 (cancelled...)
05: 9/11,9/12,9/13,9/15,9/16,9/19
06: 8/23,8/30, 9/9, 9/11
07: 6/26, 6/29
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    i dont know, but if it gets out, someone needs to hook me up... im going to see them in may :)
  • this album is damn good
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
  • CM1847CM1847 Posts: 577
    this album is damn good
    Is it like "I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning" or more similar to his earlier stuff?
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    i cant wait to give it a listen!
  • the UPS guy just delivered my vinyl copy of the record. i forgot it was shipping early. it comes with this decoder, so you can see the images that are hidden on the front and back covers. very strange.

haven't had the chance to listen to it yet though.
  • CM1847 wrote:
    Is it like "I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning" or more similar to his earlier stuff?

hmmm, i don't think it really sounds like any of them. this is by far the best produced album of his career.
    hmmm, i don't think it really sounds like any of them. this is by far the best produced album of his career.
    Is there a hint of country to the music(ala "I'm Wide Awake....") or not? I liked his country sound on that album, but I've liked most of his work so far, so I should be good either way. As long as he didn't try to make another "Digital Ash In a Digital Urn"....
  • CM1847 wrote:
    Is there a hint of country to the music(ala "I'm Wide Awake....") or not? I liked his country sound on that album, but I've liked most of his work so far, so I should be good either way. As long as he didn't try to make another "Digital Ash In a Digital Urn"....

definite country feel on a few tracks, and there are a lot of arrangements on here.
    definite country feel on a few tracks, and there are a lot of arrangements on here.
    Cool, thanks. Did you pre-order or get the leak?
  • CM1847 wrote:
    Cool, thanks. Did you pre-order or get the leak?

leak
  • ok... so after the second listen i liked it more than after the first. there are still some songs i can't get into, namely "make a plan to love me," "coat check dream song," and "lime tree." as is the case with me and conor's music, i probably will end up liking one or more of those songs better than any other song on the album, but as of right now i don't care for them. the record does start off great though (ignoring the useless 1.5 minute+ intro), at least until "make a plan to love me," when the energy of the record is sucked away. i will say though, that i feel this is a much more grown up record for him, and i can't see a lot of little teenage girls and that sort of crowd being into it, so hopefully in the next few years, going to a bright eyes show will be worth it again. i miss the days when you would go to one of his shows and everyone was silent and watching him in awe. now people sing along like it's fucking dashboard confessional or something. oh well. overall, a very solid record. i'd give it 3.5 or 4 out of 5 i think.