REM's new album

bigbadbillbigbadbill Posts: 1,758
edited April 2008 in Other Music
Accelerate. Has anyone heard it yet? I listened to some 30 second samples on itunes. I think it's a pretty good album from what I've heard.
11/6/95, 11/18/97, 7/13/98, 7/14/98, 10/24/00, 10/25/00, 10/28/00, 6/2/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 7/6/06, 7/7/06, 7/9/06, 7/10/06, 7/13/06, 7/15/06, 7/16/06, 7/18/06, 10/21/06, 4/10/08, 4/13/08, 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, 10/9/09
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    it leaked a couple weeks ago....amazing album....i haven't stopped listening to it since i d/l'ed it.....:)

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=276425
  • StickmanJamStickmanJam Posts: 425
    cutback wrote:
    it leaked a couple weeks ago....amazing album....i haven't stopped listening to it since i d/l'ed it.....:)

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=276425

agreed. Sensational album. Just got it today, such a great record.
    MSG 7/8-7/9/03 -- Boston 9/28/04 -- Hartford 5/13/06 -- Boston 5/24-5/25/06 -- MSG 6/24-6/25/08 -- Hartford 6/27/08 -- Philly 10/31/09 -- Hartford 5/15/10 -- Boston 5/17/10
  • USCJeffUSCJeff Posts: 92
    Does anyone know what the information is tomorrow for their mailing list presale? I could have sworn I was on their list but it appears I am not
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    Today was the fanclub presale via MusicToday (scored 4th row and 10th row for Hollywood/Berkeley)

Tomorrow is the online community presale via MusicToday
  • direwolf74direwolf74 Posts: 1,622
    Brilliant album! Easily the best thing they've done since Automatic for the People.
    "I try my best to chug, stomp, weep, whisper, moan, wheeze, scat, blurt, rage, whine, and seduce. With my voice I can sound like a girl, the boogieman, a Theremin, a cherry bomb, a clown, a doctor, a murderer. I can be tribal. Ironic. Or disturbed. My voice is really my instrument."

-Tom Waits
  • direwolf74 wrote:
    Brilliant album! Easily the best thing they've done since Automatic for the People.

That would be difficult since New Adventures in Hi Fi came after Automatic and is their best album ever.---both are great, though

I'm getting Accelerate tomorrow, I can't wait. I hope the tour gets extended a little, since I can't make any of the US shows
    I love my female wife...
    we sit around and wonder exactly why our marriage should feel threatened by gay marriage
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    yeah great piece of work... I'm a fan and didn't see this coming. Great music one of the best R.E.M. albums ever the end.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    Very nice album for sure.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    rem is on the colbert report tonight :)
  • I think it's brilliant! :D Can't wait to see them for the first time in June!
    2003: Toronto
    2005: Kitchener/Hamilton/Toronto
    2006: Toronto 1 & 2
    2008: Hartford/EV Toronto 1 & 2
    2009: Toronto/Philadelphia 3 & 4
    2010: Buffalo
    2011: Montreal/Toronto 1 & 2/Hamilton
    2013: London/Buffalo/Vancouver/Seattle
    2016: Toronto 1 & 2
    2022: Hamilton/Toronto
    2023: EV Seattle 1&2
  • DCGARDENDCGARDEN Posts: 515
    It's pretty damn good

I really dislike Man-Sized Wreath, but other than that - this album is very likeable
    I'll keep taking punches
    Untill their will grows tired
  • Picked it up today, along with the Rolling Stones "Shine a Light" soundtrack.

Anyway, Accelerate is awesome. I hope they return to the US in the fall, because these songs need to be played live
    I love my female wife...
    we sit around and wonder exactly why our marriage should feel threatened by gay marriage
  • electronblueelectronblue Posts: 3,460
    my room mate bought it for me yesterday on my birthday and i haven't quit playing the cd, yet...the lyric book on the outside says.. 'this book will fall apart'...~

:D
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• Accelerate is amazing! I can't stop listening to it!
    "Music could provide the light you cannot resist" -R.E.M., "I'm Gonna DJ"

"My relationship with the band began as a love affair on the phone with Jeff." -Eddie Vedder, Rolling Stone, 10/28/93
  • I picked it up yesterday and am really loving it....the first trio of songs is just great. I haven't had the chance to give it a proper listen all the way through but it sounds really good to me. I've always been a kind of like REM guy, but this one might make me a big fan
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • goldenegggoldenegg Posts: 371
    Accelerate really is a terrific album. It's R.E.M. in their best form in years.
  • fucking amazing. best since "hi fi." can't stop listening to it either.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    Stunning, and the songs are brilliant live! Saw them a couple of weeks ago and looking forward to Twickenham in August.
  • whulmefwhulmef Posts: 176
    I just went to CD Alley in Chapel Hill to buy it, and it is sold out! The guy said they didn't get many in b/c the last two didnt sell well. But hey, at least it's getting picked up. Oh, and there is a vinyl; sold out as well.

In other R.E.M. news, the Station in Carborro has opened back up. It's where R.E.M. played their first show outside Georgia and where Jefferson Holt saw them for the first time.
  • whulmefwhulmef Posts: 176
    dank site. I could easily spend about a grand in 5 minutes on there. Im going to try to forget that website exists.