Feist (iPod Commercial)

bigbadbillbigbadbill Posts: 1,758
edited October 2007 in Other Music
1,2,3,4...Tell me that you love me more...

Now in heavy rotation, the commercial for Apple's new iPod Nano has struck a chord with searchers. As the new colors of the squat 'n' skinny Nano flip by, the video of a cute chanteuse singing a simple tune has a sort of magical quality.

Queries on "ipod nano commercial song," "ipod nano song," and "ipod nano commercial" all jumped over 350% over this past weekend. Seems everyone wants to know who possesses the enchanting voice behind the raspy "1, 2, 3, 4."

The woman in question is none other than indie darling Feist. Searches on the singer soared 165% yesterday and related queries on "leslie feist," "feist lyrics," and "feist videos" have blossomed.

As for the tune, queries on "1234," "feist 1234 lyrics," and "feist 1234" have all hit high notes. Folks unsure of the song's title have resorted to searching on entire phrases from the tune. Queries on "1 2 3 4 tell me that you love me more" jumped 272% yesterday as curious couch potatoes tried to find out more about the mysterious Feist.
11/6/95, 11/18/97, 7/13/98, 7/14/98, 10/24/00, 10/25/00, 10/28/00, 6/2/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 7/6/06, 7/7/06, 7/9/06, 7/10/06, 7/13/06, 7/15/06, 7/16/06, 7/18/06, 10/21/06, 4/10/08, 4/13/08, 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, 10/9/09
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• it wouldnt surprise me a bit
  • I love Leslie Feist!
  • That's pretty interesting. It is a pretty damn catchy song if I must say so myself.

If I hear one damn sell out comment I might explode.
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    give it 2 months and everyone will turn on and loathe her... like what happened to "are you gonna be my girl" and "vertigo." ipod commercials will give you a hit song with casual music listeners but the indie snobs around here will be quick to crucify you.
    That's pretty interesting. It is a pretty damn catchy song if I must say so myself.

If I hear one damn sell out comment I might explode.

why? it's not like 90% of you all around here liked to jump and scream sellout becos u2 did an ipod commercial for FREE.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    seems to me mushaboom was used in something too.

the albums are really hit and miss though for me but those two songs are perfect.
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    bigbadbill wrote:
    1,2,3,4...Tell me that you love me more...

Now in heavy rotation, the commercial for Apple's new iPod Nano has struck a chord with searchers. As the new colors of the squat 'n' skinny Nano flip by, the video of a cute chanteuse singing a simple tune has a sort of magical quality.

Queries on "ipod nano commercial song," "ipod nano song," and "ipod nano commercial" all jumped over 350% over this past weekend. Seems everyone wants to know who possesses the enchanting voice behind the raspy "1, 2, 3, 4."

The woman in question is none other than indie darling Feist. Searches on the singer soared 165% yesterday and related queries on "leslie feist," "feist lyrics," and "feist videos" have blossomed.

As for the tune, queries on "1234," "feist 1234 lyrics," and "feist 1234" have all hit high notes. Folks unsure of the song's title have resorted to searching on entire phrases from the tune. Queries on "1 2 3 4 tell me that you love me more" jumped 272% yesterday as curious couch potatoes tried to find out more about the mysterious Feist.

She's my precious female singer du jour.
  • why? it's not like 90% of you all around here liked to jump and scream sellout becos u2 did an ipod commercial for FREE.

Consider me in the 10% that doesn't care. I'd rather hear Feist on an iPod commercial as opposed to Nickelback or Fall Out Boy...or Fergie.
    Consider me in the 10% that doesn't care. I'd rather hear Feist on an iPod commercial as opposed to Nickelback or Fall Out Boy...or Fergie.

fair enough. im just pissed about the u2 haters ;)
  • THCTHC Posts: 525
    Its funny you made this post...because i was actually wondering who made that song. That chick has a sexy voice...
    “Kept in a small bowl, the goldfish will remain small. With more space, the fish can grow double, triple, or quadruple its size.”
    -Big Fish
  • THCTHC Posts: 525
    what's the actual name of the song anyway?
    “Kept in a small bowl, the goldfish will remain small. With more space, the fish can grow double, triple, or quadruple its size.”
    -Big Fish
  • THC wrote:
    what's the actual name of the song anyway?

People who get pissed about someone doing a commercial need to think that maybe the artist is a fan of the product. What's wrong w/ putting your name to something that you believe in?
  • Feist is in a few ads and good for her, look how many people are being exposed to such awsome music that would never normaly have. She's hardly overexposed like U2 have been for years.

She's also a member of Broken Social Scene ( http://www.arts-crafts.ca/bss/ ) along with many others ! great stuff
  • I've actually been thinking about how many people will know of Feist now, just because of that commercial. This was actually a rather informational read, thanks a lot!

PS, there's no doubt about it that Feist is awesome.
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • 1234 is my pick for the Single of the Year. I love Feist - and I am proud to say that I purchased her album, "The Reminder", the day it came out. Good for her!

On a related note, Regina Spektor now has a song in a JC Penny add.
  • You should also check out her video for "My Moon, My Man" on her myspace page.
  • That's funny, but it is so true. I have her first record, and for some reason I never got around to picking up the second. Sure enough, after watching that ipod ad all day Sunday (football) I had to pick it up when I bought "In to the Wild" this past Tuesday. More surprising is that it was actually sold-out at the HMV! I had to go elsewhere to pick it up.
    Barrie '98
    Saratoga Springs, Toronto '00
    Toronto, Montreal '03
    Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto '05
    Toronto I & II, Albany, Hartford, Gorge I '06
    Camden I & II, Washington DC '08
    Toronto, Chicago I '09
    Columbus, Indianapolis, Buffalo '10
    Alpine Valley I & II, Toronto I & II, Hamilton '11
    London, Buffalo '13
    Detroit '14
    Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto I & II '16
  • Anybody that ever talks about anyone selling out is a douchebag
    the Minions
  • I actually saw her in Philly a few weeks ago. I had no idea who she was but my friend was really into her so I got tickets for us. I left very impressed. She is a fantastic musician and I like her songs alot. I just hate how much they are playing that ipod commercial. I am going to be sick of the song within 2 weeks.
  • I saw her open for Bright Eyes a couple of years ago. She did very well then, and it's good to see her getting publicity. I'm not much of a fan of female artists generally, but she and Regina Spektor are both wonderful (esp. live). I'd also recommend Eisley and Jenny Lewis (+ Rilo Kiley) for those of you who are fans of female singers.
    04/18/03
    10/06/04
    06/24/06
    08/05/07
    06/16/08
  • i love that song!---and the video--very colorful I must say. :)
  • Cree NationsCree Nations Posts: 2,247
    I fell for her when I first heard her. Every time I hear her sing and see her dance, my heart crumbles just a wee bit more
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • why is anyone who talks about selling out a douchebag?
    drowning, drinking the light
    god's eyes are closed, just like yours
  • Todd76Todd76 Posts: 1,469
    Feist will be on SNL on November 3rd....don't miss it - she is incredible live
    In my world everyone is a pony,
    and they all eat rainbows and pooh butterflies!
  • Consider me in the 10% that doesn't care. I'd rather hear Feist on an iPod commercial as opposed to Nickelback or Fall Out Boy...or Fergie.
    Amen to that. "Let it Die" is a excelent cd.Still need to get her new one.....
    when you get confused just listen to the music play........

"You damn well can't lick the system,but you can sure give it a good fondeling."-sleazy estate man(Hugh Laurie on A bit of Fry and Laurie)

"Judas Priest on a two stroke moped!"(Stephen Fry)