Options

The Strokes' new album

bigbadbillbigbadbill Posts: 1,758
edited January 2006 in Other Music
I like it. I just bought a copy at Target today.
11/6/95, 11/18/97, 7/13/98, 7/14/98, 10/24/00, 10/25/00, 10/28/00, 6/2/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 7/6/06, 7/7/06, 7/9/06, 7/10/06, 7/13/06, 7/15/06, 7/16/06, 7/18/06, 10/21/06, 4/10/08, 4/13/08, 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, 10/9/09
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    me too it's long for a strokes cd but still has some great stuff on it
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
  • Options
    I dont like it, there are some great songs on it but I think half of the songs are really bad.
    Well, do you need a lot of what you've got to survive?
  • Options
    I dont like it, there are some great songs on it but I think half of the songs are really bad.

Agreed...Too much filler.
    "Oh, a flower you are to my land..."
  • Options
    i wouldn't say "half the songs are really bad"...

the first 5 songs or so are the best work they've ever done... and a few more on down towards the end.. there is some filler but not "really bad" songs...
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Options
    Agreed...Too much filler.

It's very rare that I dont like songs, mostly I just dont get into them, but the Strokes have the talent to write songs that really bug me and want me to plug out my stereo for good. I dont know what it is with those guys and me.
  • Options
    It's a good album. Certainly worth the purchase. It's not a "masterpiece". I admire them for trying to change it up it just didn't work completely.
  • Options
    It's a good album. Certainly worth the purchase. It's not a "masterpiece". I admire them for trying to change it up it just didn't work completely.
    Yeah, that's one thing that is really apparent to me,.. they're evolving before our eyessss.. and in a good direction

"Make our day"
  • Options
    Yeah, that's one thing that is really apparent to me,.. they're evolving before our eyessss.. and in a good direction

Lets agree to disagree, deal?
  • Options
    man the new strokes album is wicked..... ize of the world, red light!! are my favorite on it... and well heart in a cage

fuckin brilliant
    ...And Leave You Be If You Cross Me And Shake Your Hand Like A Man Not A God!!!
  • Options
    i agree with having too much filler. but then some of the songs are just amazing.

-brent
    www.brentplaysdrums.com
  • Options
    Tnerb248 wrote:
    i agree with having too much filler. but then some of the songs are just amazing.

-brent

I wasnt talking about fillers, I was talking about really awful songs. 2 or 3 fillers on an otherwise outstanding album are ok with me, but some of those songs on there make me really cringe while some others are truly great.
  • Options
    I wasnt talking about fillers, I was talking about really awful songs. 2 or 3 fillers on an otherwise outstanding album are ok with me, but some of those songs on there make me really cringe while some others are truly great.
    I think you have a case of "that-one-band-that-just-doesn't-click-with-me-itis".

Everyone has that every once in awhile ;)

"Make our day"
  • Options
    EvilMerlinEvilMerlin Posts: 1,865
    I really do like the album and I agree it is quite a long album for them. Makes you wonder...with their 45 minute sets before Julian is way too wasted to sing, we're not gonna hear much of it live. Kinda sucks I guess but oh well.
  • Options
    I think you have a case of "that-one-band-that-just-doesn't-click-with-me-itis".

Everyone has that every once in awhile ;)

I dont really think so. I like Room On Fire pretty much all-around, not a masterpiece but a good record. And I like some songs from First Impressions but overall it's just a mediocre album at best IMO (in fact, I put "bad" as the adjective first). I mean it starts off by ripping I Want To Break Free, at least start it off with something unique.
  • Options
    chris05chris05 Posts: 347
    All i got to say is if you dont have this album already....GO GET IT.

I cant stop listening to it.
    Who cares if the world is going down the toilet? Eddie Vedder got his mojo back!