Sonic Youth's lead singer

bigbadbillbigbadbill Posts: 1,758
edited September 2006 in Other Music
sort of reminds me of Beck. Listen to "Or" from their newest album,Rather Ripped.
11/6/95, 11/18/97, 7/13/98, 7/14/98, 10/24/00, 10/25/00, 10/28/00, 6/2/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 7/6/06, 7/7/06, 7/9/06, 7/10/06, 7/13/06, 7/15/06, 7/16/06, 7/18/06, 10/21/06, 4/10/08, 4/13/08, 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, 10/9/09
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    Thurston Moore ALWAYS gets mistaken by Beck even though Thruston was one of the ones who kind of discovered Beck or they were friends, I forgot. you should watch the Empty Page video, in it, b/f the band is getting ready to perform, he wears a shirt that says, "I AM NOT BECK!"
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • he wipes his ass with beck
    saw things so much clearer
  • i really dont hear the similarities.
    "What’s Orphans? I don’t know. Orphans is a dead end kid driving a coffin with big tires across the Ohio River wearing welding goggles and a wife beater with a lit firecracker in his ear." - Tom Waits
  • he wipes his ass with beck
    valid point.
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    StoneG82 wrote:
    i really dont hear the similarities.
    neither do i...but i do see some similarities especially the hair..
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    he wipes his ass with beck

i would pay to see that.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • StoneG82 wrote:
    i really dont hear the similarities.

me neither
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
  • MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    Their voices are VERY different, but they kind of look alike in some way. I think when Beck gets older, he is going to look like Thurston :p
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn