Foo's in LA tonight

bigbadbillbigbadbill Posts: 1,758
edited March 2008 in Other Music
Who here, besides me, is going to see them at the Forum tonight? I don't even know who's opening for them.
11/6/95, 11/18/97, 7/13/98, 7/14/98, 10/24/00, 10/25/00, 10/28/00, 6/2/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 7/6/06, 7/7/06, 7/9/06, 7/10/06, 7/13/06, 7/15/06, 7/16/06, 7/18/06, 10/21/06, 4/10/08, 4/13/08, 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, 10/9/09
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I just got back from that show... it was the EXACT set as the one in San Diego on Monday.

But it was still awesome :D Only difference was the drummer from the Police doing a song with them near the end, which was cool.
    Stone Gossard...riffmeister extraordinaire!

I am a man, I am advanced.....I am the first man to borrow Stone's leather pants!
  • GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,910
    I just got back from that show... it was the EXACT set as the one in San Diego on Monday.

But it was still awesome :D Only difference was the drummer from the Police doing a song with them near the end, which was cool.

Thats the exact reason why I won't see them on a large scale tour anymore. I hate the fact they don't mix it up when they have a such a great catalouge of tunes they haven't played in years. For shame:(

I would, however, go to see a club show of the Foos in a heartbeat. The way it used to be
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • Thats the exact reason why I won't see them on a large scale tour anymore. I hate the fact they don't mix it up when they have a such a great catalouge of tunes they haven't played in years. For shame:(

I would, however, go to see a club show of the Foos in a heartbeat. The way it used to be

PJ definately spoils us with a different set every night.

Foos are a GREAT live band but they are a once a tour at best. I feel like I could even skip the next tour, though I probably won't

the show I saw in Glendale last week didn't seem that much different than the set I saw in Oakland a few years ago.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146

Foos are a GREAT live band but they are a once a tour at best. I feel like I could even skip the next tour, though I probably won't

the show I saw in Glendale last week didn't seem that much different than the set I saw in Oakland a few years ago.

exactly.....this was my first full show (bridge in '06 and opening for the police) and it was a blast.....don't really need to see them again this tour although if i had the money i might go tonight because it was a lot of fun....dave is a great showman.....:D:D
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    I saw the Forum show....was my 4th show of the tour...though they are a strong live act, I have OD'd on them since its the same setlist for the most part.....seeing PJ multiple nights is much different!
  • snipes824snipes824 Posts: 870

i agree. the foos are great live and i love their stuff but they are a once a tour band. and thats fine with me.
  • cutback wrote:
    exactly.....this was my first full show (bridge in '06 and opening for the police) and it was a blast.....don't really need to see them again this tour although if i had the money i might go tonight because it was a lot of fun....dave is a great showman.....:D:D

the police opener was f'n AMAZING!! The police came out and I thought they were boring by comparison.

they should have known better than to have such a high octane opening act.
    the police opener was f'n AMAZING!! The police came out and I thought they were boring by comparison.

they should have known better than to have such a high octane opening act.

well that cuz you don't like the police....they actually kicked ass....:)
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    bigbadbill wrote:
    Who here, besides me, is going to see them at the Forum tonight? I don't even know who's opening for them.
    Love all the comments without an answer to your question.

I'm going.

Against Me! and Serj Tankian from System of A Down are the 2 opening acts. I'm not fan of either and I'll be the one with the iPod on during Serj's set. Wasn't overly thrilled with him and his warbling at the Garden.

Have a great time.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
    I was actually hoping for a little extra Foo during the Police's set because they were so damned good. Almost too good. What were The Police thinking?

FaceSpace
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    dharma69 wrote:
    I was actually hoping for a little extra Foo during the Police's set because they were so damned good. Almost too good. What were The Police thinking?

they were thinking they wanted the show to sell out!
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    they were thinking they wanted the show to sell out!
    Good point!

And the addition of Foo is the only reason why, to this day, I actually don't regret the $250 price of that ticket. Times two.

FaceSpace
  • bigbadbillbigbadbill Posts: 1,758
    Foo Fighters kicked some motherfuckin ass tonight. They had a few guest musicians on stage, including Chad Smith and the lead singer to Motorhead. Dave dropped a lot of F Bombs too.
    11/6/95, 11/18/97, 7/13/98, 7/14/98, 10/24/00, 10/25/00, 10/28/00, 6/2/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 7/6/06, 7/7/06, 7/9/06, 7/10/06, 7/13/06, 7/15/06, 7/16/06, 7/18/06, 10/21/06, 4/10/08, 4/13/08, 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, 10/9/09
    Yes, it was quite the family show last night.

Jesus H. Christ but "Darling Nikki" was just nasty. Prince would've been so proud.

I think that was my highlight of the eve.

FaceSpace
  • cutback wrote:
    well that cuz you don't like the police....they actually kicked ass....:)

I own all their cds and was really looking forward to it.

annoying corporate sponsor and bad overpriced seats.

If I had actually paid the face value for the seat I got I would have gone on a shooting spree at my local Best Buy.

bored out of my skull! If you liked it cool.

missed darling nikki last night?

dammit.
  • bigbadbillbigbadbill Posts: 1,758
    Here are some picture from the show last night (it'll be in reverse chronological order)

http://s78.photobucket.com/albums/j118/pjfan06/Foo%20Fighters%20Concert%202008/
    I own all their cds and was really looking forward to it.

annoying corporate sponsor and bad overpriced seats.

If I had actually paid the face value for the seat I got I would have gone on a shooting spree at my local Best Buy.

bored out of my skull! If you liked it cool.

missed darling nikki last night?

dammit.

cool.....the corporate sponsor, high tix prices etc didn't bother me in the least....i finally got to see my favorite band of all time play live....i never thought i'd ever say that.....and yes i paid a whole shitload more money to see them one last time at the hollywood bowl in may....in the end it's just money and i love music...:)

here's stewart playing with the foos.....what a show!! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhbMBoY1McM
  • cutback wrote:

here's stewart playing with the foos.....what a show!! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhbMBoY1McM

that's probably close to what it sounded like 25 years ago.

I passed on the synchronicity tour. still kicking myself.

this tour felt like what it might feel like if they captured the Loch Ness Monster...

on one level you'd say "cooool" but I think ultimately it would be a letdown.

some legends are best left alone.