New Audioslave (Sept 5)

bigbadbillbigbadbill Posts: 1,758
edited July 2006 in Other Music
Revelations

"Original Fire" on http://www.myspace.com/audioslave
11/6/95, 11/18/97, 7/13/98, 7/14/98, 10/24/00, 10/25/00, 10/28/00, 6/2/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 7/6/06, 7/7/06, 7/9/06, 7/10/06, 7/13/06, 7/15/06, 7/16/06, 7/18/06, 10/21/06, 4/10/08, 4/13/08, 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, 10/9/09
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• awesome, thank you. i was waiting for them to do that.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • DaytimeDilemmaDaytimeDilemma Posts: 2,008
    The riff sounds like AC/DC...

C+ at best.
  • LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    i dig it....lookin forward to this new album a lot
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • D.C.D.C. Posts: 20
    i heard the new song at the gym today..

its gonna have to grow on me

i like their heavier stuff better
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    It's ok. Nothing special, I hope the rest of the album is better. Maybe it'll grow on me though. Out of Exile took a while but I love it now.
    Thanks for posting.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • Obscured1Obscured1 Posts: 56
    I heard their new song a couple of times today It's kinda funky, i like it but Tom's solo is working for me yet??
  • KravenKraven Posts: 829
    The new song is sick, I love the funk in it! Its quite unique, much different than anything off of Out of Exile or the first record.
    32 shows and counting...
  • Kraven wrote:
    The new song is sick, I love the funk in it! Its quite unique, much different than anything off of Out of Exile or the first record.
    Not really..

There's a funk/soul undertone that's been missing in the band forever which is great, and the song's catchy as hell, but not too original as far as the band goes.

I hope the new album is more varied, but i won't get my hopes up.

Out of ten I'd give "Original Fire" an 7 or an 8. It's not bad (and the bloody thing got stuck in my head after one listen), but it's not great.

"Make our day"
  • Given2DieGiven2Die Posts: 6
    Heard this song last night and I don't think this one will ever grow on me. Extremely plain and lame. Disappointed in first single. Ofcourse I'll still buy the CD and hopefully this song isn't an example of the rest of the CD cuz if it is , it's gonna be crapola.

I'm more excited to hear Cornell's coming out with a solo release next year, actually.
  • Given2Die wrote:
    I'm more excited to hear Cornell's coming out with a solo release next year, actually.
    Me too.

"Make our day"
  • Who's the drummer? He's extremely bland.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • mike_s_6mike_s_6 Posts: 160
    ^ There's A LOT of people saying that. I listen to the song and I think... "sack the drummer! NOW!"

Another Chris solo - YEAH!
  • bluemonkeybluemonkey Posts: 198
    who's the drummer??are you guys kidding?!?

just as i suspected...lots of negative feedback on the new single.i'm really digging it though.can't wait for the rest!
  • ToshalaToshala Posts: 200
    Blue Monkey....(great name btw!) I have to agree with you. True, Brad is not the most creative drummer on the scene; true, sometimes Toms solos don't seem to fit with the song but there they are!!!; true, Chris's voice doesn't have the capacity to be clean and strong in the higher range as he did 10-15 years ago.....but fuck, let's at least wait for the album to hit, really give it a fair listen AND THEN TEAR THEM A NEW ASSHOLE if you feel the need. I've seen them live 14 times and they've never dissapointed. From the 2 song by song reviews I've read so far at Audiophiles, Original Fire is NOT the strongest song on the album, just deemed obviously by TPTB to be the most radio friendly to open with........I'm betting Original Fire will be the same type of crowd pleaser Cochise is now.......
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    Who's the drummer? He's extremely bland.

Brad Wilk. The drumming in the song is a little bland, but listen to Shadown on the Sun. He does a nice job.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.