going to see Aerosmith tonight at nissan pavillion

iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
edited September 2007 in Other Music
I bought tix for my husband's birthday. It will only be my second time to ever see aerosmith. My head is killing me now. It better to get better before tonight.
9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
10/10 - Brad in B'more
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• i dont really like aerosmith on the whole, but some songs are just classic. i would really love to hear about the show and how they perform. post a review when you get back!!! have fun.

i would hope they play shut up and dance!!

get better, too!
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • I'll be there on the lawn.
  • I saw Aerosmith about two years ago. One of THE best shows I have ever seen. Honestly, I've never seen a band rock that hard.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    i dont really like aerosmith on the whole, but some songs are just classic. i would really love to hear about the show and how they perform. post a review when you get back!!! have fun.

i would hope they play shut up and dance!!

get better, too!

i really had fun when i saw them in 2001! i only went to see fuel...
    it was so cold though and it was the end of september...

we have pavillion seats (the cheaper ones though)
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
    stpmattb wrote:
    I'll be there on the lawn.

well i would not wear shorts, i think it will be 50 degrees tonight

check it out, 53 degrees at 11 p.m. (brrr!)
    http://www.weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/USVA0094?from=36hr_topnav_undeclared
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    enjoy
  • The set:

Love In An Elevator
    Same Old Song And Dance
    Cryin' ->
    SOS (Too Bad)
    Pink
    What It Takes
    Last Child
    Baby Please Don't Go
    Hangman Jury tease -> Seasons of Wither
    Walkin' The Dog
    Dream On
    Rats In The Cellar
    Livin' On The Edge
    Stop Messin' Around
    Sweet Emotion ->
    Draw The Line
    Walk This Way

Great show, lots of long guitar parts. Elevator, SOSAD, Last Child, BPDG, Walkin' The Dog, Rats, Stop Messin', Sweet E. and DTL were all extended past their studio counterparts. Brad had tons of nice long solos in the spotlight and Joe was all over everything. Speaking of which, finally got Rats, and it was worth the wait. It ran for about 8 - 10 minutes with Joe and Brad dueling for a bit, before Brad took a long solo, and then Joe just went nuts.

This is easily the strongest set they've toured with in years and the band is really into playing it. Probably about 100 - 110 minute set, which is longer than some of the recent tours. The basic structure is a bit of a hybrid of the Rockin' The Joint and Route of All Evil tours. It's great that they've dropped Jaded, IDWTMAT, and lots of the Geffen era hits from the set and are getting back to being a guitar based rock band.

No Movin' Out tonight. There was a chill in the air and as they walked out to the end of the stage, Joe called out Seasons. Tyler though about it for a bit, and then said okay. After the Hangman tease Joe started Seasons and Tyler prompted the rest of the band with a "Come on boys" or two. Hard to complain about an impromtu Seasons in the set, but I sure would have loved to hear Movin' Out.

It sounded like Perry was going to launch into the Peter Gunn Theme in Sweet E., but no dice. Love that therimen though. Really liking how they segue this into DTL too. Draw The Line had the short drum solo, and tons of slide guitar madness. Great way to end the set.

Walk This Way was real breif, and Tyler's vocals were absent for a verse. This promped some odd looks from Joe as he did some fills until Tyler got a new mic. It would have been nice to get a Mama Kin or Train Kept A Rollin' added in after Walk This Way, just because it was such a short and somewhat anti-climactic ending to a solid show.
    The Vacant wrote:
    The set:

Love In An Elevator
    Same Old Song And Dance
    Cryin' ->
    SOS (Too Bad)
    Pink
    What It Takes
    Last Child
    Baby Please Don't Go
    Hangman Jury tease -> Seasons of Wither
    Walkin' The Dog
    Dream On
    Rats In The Cellar
    Livin' On The Edge
    Stop Messin' Around
    Sweet Emotion ->
    Draw The Line
    Walk This Way

Great show, lots of long guitar parts. Elevator, SOSAD, Last Child, BPDG, Walkin' The Dog, Rats, Stop Messin', Sweet E. and DTL were all extended past their studio counterparts. Brad had tons of nice long solos in the spotlight and Joe was all over everything. Speaking of which, finally got Rats, and it was worth the wait. It ran for about 8 - 10 minutes with Joe and Brad dueling for a bit, before Brad took a long solo, and then Joe just went nuts.

This is easily the strongest set they've toured with in years and the band is really into playing it. Probably about 100 - 110 minute set, which is longer than some of the recent tours. The basic structure is a bit of a hybrid of the Rockin' The Joint and Route of All Evil tours. It's great that they've dropped Jaded, IDWTMAT, and lots of the Geffen era hits from the set and are getting back to being a guitar based rock band.

No Movin' Out tonight. There was a chill in the air and as they walked out to the end of the stage, Joe called out Seasons. Tyler though about it for a bit, and then said okay. After the Hangman tease Joe started Seasons and Tyler prompted the rest of the band with a "Come on boys" or two. Hard to complain about an impromtu Seasons in the set, but I sure would have loved to hear Movin' Out.

It sounded like Perry was going to launch into the Peter Gunn Theme in Sweet E., but no dice. Love that therimen though. Really liking how they segue this into DTL too. Draw The Line had the short drum solo, and tons of slide guitar madness. Great way to end the set.

Walk This Way was real breif, and Tyler's vocals were absent for a verse. This promped some odd looks from Joe as he did some fills until Tyler got a new mic. It would have been nice to get a Mama Kin or Train Kept A Rollin' added in after Walk This Way, just because it was such a short and somewhat anti-climactic ending to a solid show.

thanks for the review, I'm not a fan, I just know their songs from the radio, so there is no way I could do a set list. but after they played rats in the cellar, i remembered how much i liked it in 2001. And I agree about the anti climatic ending to a cellar show. joe perry blew me away. aerosmith's music is much better than tyler's singing but he is charismatic. his audience interaction makes the show so much fun. I have always liked "walkin the dog" and unfortunately we took a bathroom break right before that so we missed it but could hear it while in line for water. I liked their runway stage. Pearl Jam needs to do that! Mike could come out to the end and do a solo.

we took exit 43B to get into the pavillion and we parked in the first lot (same direction as VIP parking) and we got out of there in record time!!! just took a few minutes whereas it has taken us 40 minutes before to just move a little.

(and I forgot, it was the third time I've seen them, i saw their short set at the 911 benefit (the logistical nightmare show put on by michael jackson) at RFK in 2001.
    10/10 - Brad in B'more