Attn rockers

iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
edited August 2006 in Other Music
I got tix to see shawn mullins. Have you seen him before? He is opening for the Gin Blossoms. And their history is confusing to me, I always swore I will not go see a poser. Someone from here has explained the situation to me before about the death in the band and I could not remember. I only thought that the guy who committed suicide wrote the lyrics, I did not realize til after I bought the tix, that he was the lead vox. Oh well, now I am looking more forward to seeing shawn than I am the GBs poser cover band.
9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
10/10 - Brad in B'more
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    iluvcats wrote:
    I got tix to see shawn mullins. Have you seen him before? He is opening for the Gin Blossoms. And their history is confusing to me, I always swore I will not go see a poser. Someone from here has explained the situation to me before about the death in the band and I could not remember. I only thought that the guy who committed suicide wrote the lyrics, I did not realize til after I bought the tix, that he was the lead vox. Oh well, now I am looking more forward to seeing shawn than I am the GBs poser cover band.
    i saw shwan mullins open up for the bare naked ladies in 99.it was my first ever concert he was pretty good
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    ahahahahahahah
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • bucket1988bucket1988 Posts: 212
    ATTENTION ILUVCATS!!!!!!!!

Doug Hopkins (the guys who committed suicide) was NOT the lead singer. He wrote about half the songs on their first album, New Miserable Experience. Many of these songs are regarded as their best, and the GBs have never really been quite as good without Doug. However, they are still a great band and Robin Wilson is still their lead singer, as he always has been.
    The words you say never seem to live up to the ones inside your head...
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    hey I saw shawn mullins and the gin blossoms on tuesday night.

I was really surprised at how much the gb rocked! Although he's not their lead guitarist (according to the front man), Jesse Valenzuela is amazing. I thought he was so good...the whole band is good.

shawn mullins is country but I loved him! he seems so polite on stage and his voice is DEEP when he talks. what a cool, older guy :)
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more