do you want to hear some new music?

iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
edited July 2006 in Other Music
on wednesday, the x's will sell their very first cd in vienna, va.

go to the link below and click on trax, then "blame" or "first to fall" (I like blame, but ftf is good too)
for their older tracks, i like "seven sinners" or "shut your eyes" (i assume this will be on their new cd, i have them on a demo)
http://www.thex-s.com/

"The X's are Brett Scallions, Chris Goercke, John Law and Mike Maenza.

This group of musicians has combined their talents to form a volatile mixture of stadium power rock and underground streetwise. The result is an electrifying sound of freedom and originality.

On lead guitar, Chris paints each song with minimal bursts or progressive lambaste, always wary of what each song requires, nothing more nothing less. His guitar stylings are matched by few.

John brings his love of opposites with both his lyrical vocals and rythm guitar. Pop and clean, punk and dirty, never satisfied with one sentiment.

Brett lays downs bass lines that follow the melodies like an electric shadow. Famous for his lead singing prowess, Brett's back-up vocals are tasteful and smooth with an occasional burst of angry snarl.

Finally, Mike Maenza fills in the rythm with both the fury of a caged animal and the calm and grace of its freedom."
9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
10/10 - Brad in B'more
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• iluvcats wrote:
    on wednesday, the x's will sell their very first cd in vienna, va.

go to the link below and click on trax, then "blame" or "first to fall" (I like blame, but ftf is good too)
    for their older tracks, i like "seven sinners" or "shut your eyes" (i assume this will be on their new cd, i have them on a demo)
    http://www.thex-s.com/

"The X's are Brett Scallions, Chris Goercke, John Law and Mike Maenza.

This group of musicians has combined their talents to form a volatile mixture of stadium power rock and underground streetwise. The result is an electrifying sound of freedom and originality.

On lead guitar, Chris paints each song with minimal bursts or progressive lambaste, always wary of what each song requires, nothing more nothing less. His guitar stylings are matched by few.

John brings his love of opposites with both his lyrical vocals and rythm guitar. Pop and clean, punk and dirty, never satisfied with one sentiment.

Brett lays downs bass lines that follow the melodies like an electric shadow. Famous for his lead singing prowess, Brett's back-up vocals are tasteful and smooth with an occasional burst of angry snarl.

Finally, Mike Maenza fills in the rythm with both the fury of a caged animal and the calm and grace of its freedom."

I think that's the funniest music review I've ever read. :D
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    I think that's the funniest music review I've ever read. :D

i didn't write it. it was on jammin javas website, but they may have gotten it from myspace.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • iluvcats wrote:
    i didn't write it. it was on jammin javas website, but they may have gotten it from myspace.

I know you didn't write it. :) Wasn't meaning to get at you at all, sorry if it was taken that way. Just these PR people make me laugh sometimes. Book blurbs are similarly bad some of the time.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    I know you didn't write it. :) Wasn't meaning to get at you at all, sorry if it was taken that way. Just these PR people make me laugh sometimes. Book blurbs are similarly bad some of the time.

I had to look up that word "lambaste."
    It's the same way for movies, they try to glorify them in their ads on tv and the radio.
    10/10 - Brad in B'more