NEW front man for the Doors! (New Doors)

iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
edited March 2007 in Other Music
this was posted by the new guy in the Doors (by brett scallions) on a Fuel message board:

"Yes I'm really doing it!

Hey, all! I've seen on here that alot of you have heard the rumors of me singing with The Doors. Well as of today I can finally say that they are true and I hope to see all of you out to a show soon. We will hit the road in May and do a trip around the states and Canada. If we hit your town I hope to see your faces in the front row screaming every Jim Morrison lyric with me. See you soon! Brett

Doors Manzarek and Krieger Add Fuel

Doors founding members Ray Manzarek and Robby Krieger have chosen ex-Fuel lead singer Brett Scallions to front their project Riders On The Storm, filling the void created when The Cult's Ian Astbury departed the group last month. "Brett is on board and we are glad to have him, he has a great voice and a lot of charisma," states keyboardist Manzarek. Brett Scallions departed Fuel in early 2006 after fronting the multi-platinum act for over a decade. Scallions looks forward to working with Manzarek and Krieger. "Riders On The Storm" is managed by Tom Vitorino Management, and represented by The Kirby Organization.

Los Angeles, CA (Billboard Publicity Wire) March 14, 2007 -- Doors founding members Ray Manzarek and Robby Krieger have chosen ex-Fuel lead singer Brett Scallions to front their project Riders On The Storm, filling the void created when The Cult's Ian Astbury departed the group last month. "Brett is on board and we are glad to have him, he has a great voice and a lot of charisma," states keyboardist Manzarek.

It's about giving a voice to the body of work we created with Jim in a live setting.
"Jim Morrison can never be replaced, but this project has never been about that," expressed guitarist Krieger; "It's about giving a voice to the body of work we created with Jim in a live setting."

Brett Scallions departed Fuel in early 2006 after fronting the multi-platinum act for over a decade. The rock band best know for the hit songs Hemmorage, Bittersweet and Shimmer, tried in vain to recruit American Idol's Chris Daugherty as a replacement. Scallions has moved on from the band, and looks forward to working with Manzarek and Krieger. "Having an opportunity to share the stage with these great musicians is more exciting than anything I've ever done. I'm so proud to be a part of this," declared the vocalist.

This year marks the 40th anniversary of The Doors. The Venice Beach, California, based band released their first record in 1967. In February of 2007 the band was awarded a Lifetime Achievement Grammy Award and a star of The Hollywood Walk Of Fame.

"Riders On The Storm" is managed by Tom Vitorino Management, and represented by The Kirby Organization."
9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
10/10 - Brad in B'more
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    I can now say, I've met a member of the Doors

:D

oh forget that....they are calling it riders on the storm
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    Instead of the new front man, you could call him the Door man ;)
    danny72688 wrote:
    Instead of the new front man, you could call him the Door man ;)

har har har

where is noway? he likes scallions, wonder if he'll check out one of their concerts?
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • GVN2FLIGVN2FLI Posts: 46
    I thought I heard he left Fuel due to throat issues? Wasn't he the bassist for awhile in some other band? perhaps I'm just trippin'.
    I am Jack, The Pumpkin King!
    The eyes are the groin of the head.
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,216
    At least they changed the name. Your move Alice In Chains...
    GVN2FLI wrote:
    I thought I heard he left Fuel due to throat issues? Wasn't he the bassist for awhile in some other band? perhaps I'm just trippin'.

i once read (on vh1.com) that he had his nose fixed; he had a deviated septum which affects breathing.

people on here have said in threads that he lost his voice, some have said he had surgery like chris cornell had. it's never been confirmed.

when i met him, he was playing bass in small bars with "the x's" in the summer. he was singing backup :) after christmas, the drummer of the x's posted a myspace bulletin that he did not know what the future held for him with the x's and that they were on extended hiatus. they played together from the summer of 2005 til a few months ago, mostly in NJ, DC, NY, PA, VA, and some southern states.
    it was never even announced on the x's official board that they split.
    it is sad b/c they could not draw big crowds but they really rocked. I'm sure they did in NYC or brooklyn though....
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
    GVN2FLI wrote:

p.s.
    I thought I read (maybe on myspace) that brett left fuel so he could be more creative. While I'm happy for his new career, it doesn't seem creative, it seems like a tribute.
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • pjfan020pjfan020 Posts: 426
    that blows cause ian astbury did a pretty damn good job with them
    "Tonight we're just gonna play you some good old American Rock and Roll." tom petty-7-15-05
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    really didnt think brett has a voice like jim. should be cool to see, if the tix prices arent to high
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    pjl44 wrote:
    They can change it to Alice in Restraints ;)
    really didnt think brett has a voice like jim. should be cool to see, if the tix prices arent to high

yeah, keep checking on http://www.pollstar.com and let us know if you see anything.

how do you think the elderly fans feel about this?

i'm usually against posers....but this feels different to me, probably b/c i miss scallions being out front.
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
    are they supposed to change the name when one of them dies?

journey and skid row have posers and did not change their names.
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    pjl44 wrote:
    That's only coz the Drummer wouldn't let them keep the name.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    pjfan020 wrote:
    that blows cause ian astbury did a pretty damn good job with them

so true...im glad i got to see them before he left...

even so, he did leave to make more music with the Cult supposedly so thats pretty damn awesome in my book
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • That's only coz the Drummer wouldn't let them keep the name.

yup. they only changed their name because john densmore sued them repeatedly.

densmore said he'd come back and play with them as the doors if they got eddie vedder to sing for them. obviously this isn't happening.
  • iluvcats wrote:
    are they supposed to change the name when one of them dies?

journey and skid row have posers and did not change their names.

The doors waited a very long time to play the songs with other singers, so its not as cheesey as what those bands do or did. Plus they did it with class, Ed did it with them at their Hall of Fame induction. Than they used a very good assortmant of singers. Really not just sticking with 1, and changing them like they just did.
    Thats cool he got that gig, but it probabaly won't be for more than 2 years.
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
    The doors waited a very long time to play the songs with other singers, so its not as cheesey as what those bands do or did. Plus they did it with class, Ed did it with them at their Hall of Fame induction. Than they used a very good assortmant of singers. Really not just sticking with 1, and changing them like they just did.
    Thats cool he got that gig, but it probabaly won't be for more than 2 years.

i bet you are right. i think he wants a solo career.
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • 'Riders on the Storm'? It sounds like a cartoon. What sort of a stupid name is that? What's with all these bands giving themselves shit names?
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
    'Riders on the Storm'? It sounds like a cartoon. What sort of a stupid name is that? What's with all these bands giving themselves shit names?

that's a really negative remark.

i'll let you know how they are if i go to a concert.
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • 'Riders on the Storm'? It sounds like a cartoon. What sort of a stupid name is that? What's with all these bands giving themselves shit names?

Sounds like a tribute band.
    I think it sounds like a tribute band too.

http://www.myspace.com/5ridersonthestorm
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • good to see scallions out front again, although i do miss hearing music from fuel. i would have thought someone with a voice a little closer to jim's would have got the nod.
    The wind is blowing cold
    Have we lost our way tonight?
    Have we lost our hope to sorrow?

Feels like were all alone
    Running further from what’s right
    And there are no more heroes to follow

So what are we becoming?
    Where did we go wrong?
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Sounds like a tribute band.

without jim morrison and john densmore that's all riders on the storm could ever be. but especially without morrison.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • whats that sound? oh its the lizzard king rolling in his fuckin' grave because of this cash grab get rich gig. Just fuckin stop with the so called doors reunion just let it down. The doors died with morrison and bret scallions is just a deep voiced idiot who sounds nothing more like jim morrison and more like my asshole
    brett posted this link on the fuelies.net board:

http://www.raymanzarek.us/rots.html

it says
    New Lead Singer for Riders!! - Ray and Robby are pleased to announce that ex-Fuel frontman Brett Scallions has joined Riders On The Storm!

Click here to read the entire press release.

"Well, we got the new singer. Brett Scallions from Fuel. He's going to be great! Big voice, commanding stage presence. Prowls like a cat. 6 feet tall, 165 lbs. Blond spiked out hair. Wears leather like it's licorice. I'm really excited about his joining the band. We auditioned him on the day after Robby and I received our Star on Hollywood Blvd. Two other guys came down (they will remain nameless) but Brett blew them away. Robby, Tom Vitorino (Riders manager) and I looked at each other and said "He's the one!" The next day we called Brett back and went to work. This is going to be serious fun. And the new songs are going to be great with Brett's voice on them. I can't wait to tour and for all of you to see him. It's a new era!" - Ray Manzarek
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
    whats that sound? oh its the lizzard king rolling in his fuckin' grave because of this cash grab get rich gig. Just fuckin stop with the so called doors reunion just let it down. The doors died with morrison and bret scallions is just a deep voiced idiot who sounds nothing more like jim morrison and more like my asshole

brett scallions saw this and he said you must have a great sounding asshole.
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    *sigh*

Well you can't get better than Vedder. :o I was reeeeeeeally hoping (major understatement) that would happen.

Regardless though...I'll probably end up checking this out.

Thanks for the heads up cats!
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤
    ...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
    bump in case you have not heard the news
    10/10 - Brad in B'more