Is it just Chris Cornell, a stool, & his guitar?

iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
edited April 2007 in Other Music
is that it? how does he play Jesus Christ pose all alone like that?

wouldn't it sound odd?
9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
10/10 - Brad in B'more
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• he's got a backing band, check out the kroq show
    looking for 2 to Columbia...

***GOT EM***
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    are you serious? why isn't there a name for the band?
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • iluvcats wrote:

yeah, I have no idea... the new tour is "an evening with chris cornell...", but he said he'll have a band backing him, which is how the kroq show went yesterday
    looking for 2 to Columbia...

***GOT EM***
    yeah, I have no idea... the new tour is "an evening with chris cornell...", but he said he'll have a band backing him, which is how the kroq show went yesterday

oh well, peter frampton is the same way....yet a friend from here who shall remain anonymous bashes chris daughtry for having a band and not having a name for them...
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    iluvcats wrote:
    oh well, peter frampton is the same way....yet a friend from here who shall remain anonymous bashes chris daughtry for having a band and not having a name for them...
    I've been called out! ;)

Well Cornell has a backing band. That's different than having a band like (Stone, Mike, Jeff, Matt, Boom) like that lameo Daughtry has. I still dislike how it's labeled Chris Cornell when it isn't only him.
    danny72688 wrote:
    I've been called out! ;)

Well Cornell has a backing band. That's different than having a band like (Stone, Mike, Jeff, Matt, Boom) like that lameo Daughtry has. I still dislike how it's labeled Chris Cornell when it isn't only him.

ok we'll see what you do when you become famous. you'll be called "danny" instead of a band's name...just watch.
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • ladygooddivaladygooddiva Posts: 4,169
    well it is him with a band right?
    like the last solo tour he did ...
  • prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    iluvcats wrote:
    ok we'll see what you do when you become famous. you'll be called "danny" instead of a band's name...just watch.
    My band is going to be called Eat. That way all our fans will shout, "Eat rocks!" Hahahahaha!!!!!

Inside joke.
  • lephtylephty Posts: 770
    bands with singer as name...
    Jimi Hendrix
    Janis Joplin
    Ben Harper

meh.. i cant think.. but a name is a name..

if i were a musician, i think i would be perfectly fine saying "I am on tour with Chris Cornell".. in fact, i would probably be ecstatic!
    well it is him with a band right?
    like the last solo tour he did ...

then he is not solo :)
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • ladygooddivaladygooddiva Posts: 4,169
    iluvcats wrote:
    then he is not solo :)

of course he was solo
    come on many solo artist have bands on their back or?
    :)
  • If he writes all the lyrics and music, then why shouldn't he be able to name the "band" after himself? Its his deal, hes the brains and the braun behind the music.
    puts his faith in love and, tremor christ.

"I bowl. Drive around. The occasional acid flashback."
  • "Is it just Chris Cornell, a stool, & his guitar?"

actually its Chris Cornell, a stool, his guitar, his inflated ego, and a backing band. Anyone else miss his other backup bands; Soundgarden, Audioslave, and Eleven?

Oh yeah STFU you cornell fanboys just wait till the album comes out to see who has the last laugh.
  • "Is it just Chris Cornell, a stool, & his guitar?"

actually its Chris Cornell, a stool, his guitar, his inflated ego, and a backing band. Anyone else miss his other backup bands; Soundgarden, Audioslave, and Eleven?

Oh yeah STFU you cornell fanboys just wait till the album comes out to see who has the last laugh.

It takes balls to do something by yourself like a solo career. Eddie would never leave the sacred fold of Pearl Jam but Cornell has done so no less than four times and succeeded each time. Clearly he is has been the common denominantor every time. Is it this success which bothers you?
  • lephty wrote:
    Jimi Hendrix
    Janis Joplin
    Ben Harper

if i were a musician, i think i would be perfectly fine saying "I am on tour with Chris Cornell".. in fact, i would probably be ecstatic!

Ben Harper and the Innocent Criminals
    Janis Joplin - Big Brother and the Holding Company / Kozmic Blues Band
    Jimi Hendrix Experience / Gypsy Sun and the Rainbows / Band of Gypsys
    Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
    Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band

...sometimes you're just so used to the solo artist you forget that there is actually a name to the band.
  • iluvcats wrote:
    Hey, Cornell's been through the roughest kind of bad band relationship. This solo move with a backing band (members can be exchanged without really rocking the boat) is a perfect move for him.

Daughtry stops singing like every other crap rock singer out there we'll talk about him deserving my respect. :rolleyes:
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Ben Harper and the Innocent Criminals
    Janis Joplin - Big Brother and the Holding Company / Kozmic Blues Band
    Jimi Hendrix Experience / Gypsy Sun and the Rainbows / Band of Gypsys
    Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
    Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band

...sometimes you're just so used to the solo artist you forget that there is actually a name to the band.
    Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds

Billy Corgan and the Quiet Asian Dude plus two druggies.... oh wait a minute.. :p
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    lephty wrote:
    Jimi Hendrix
    Janis Joplin
    Ben Harper

Jimi Hendrix - The Jimi Hendrix Experience, Band of Gypsies
    Ben Harper - Ben Harper and the Innocent Criminals
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • JackieboyJackieboy Posts: 78
    I don't see why Cornell should share his fame with anyone else that hasn't achieved any kind of great work!
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    iluvcats wrote:

They do...I forget the name but its either..."Chris Cornell and the Gardeners of Sound" or... "Chris Cornell and the Slaves of Audio."
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • yeah, I have no idea... the new tour is "an evening with chris cornell...", but he said he'll have a band backing him, which is how the kroq show went yesterday

the philly show ticket says chris cornell and his band.
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • iluvcats wrote:

The same reason peter frampton didnt have a name for his band.

He also has done some magical work, acuisticly with his heavy songs also.

no more shows
  • well finally read everything and similiar situation would be
    jerry cantrell
    zach wylde
    sting
    steve hacket

chris daughtry sucks

no more shows
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    It's a "solo" album. Solo albums almost always have an unnamed backing band.

22 days until Philly!
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    It takes balls to do something by yourself like a solo career. Eddie would never leave the sacred fold of Pearl Jam but Cornell has done so no less than four times and succeeded each time. Clearly he is has been the common denominantor every time. Is it this success which bothers you?

I CAN SEE EDDIE DOING AN ALBUM W/OUT PJ

I HOPE NOT ,, BUT I CAN SEE IT

HE LOVES MUSIC TOOO MUCH NOT TO TRY IT
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    I CAN SEE EDDIE DOING AN ALBUM W/OUT PJ

I HOPE NOT ,, BUT I CAN SEE IT

HE LOVES MUSIC TOOO MUCH NOT TO TRY IT

He said in an interview last year that he isn't planning on doing a solo album anytime soon cause there isn't anything he hasn't been able to try with Pearl Jam.
  • Duder5kDuder5k Posts: 278
    He actually did Jesus Christ Pose?! Someone must get us some links or something, because that sounds awesome.
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Duder5k wrote:
    He actually did Jesus Christ Pose?! Someone must get us some links or something, because that sounds awesome.

No he's been rehearsing it with his band, it hasn't been played live yet.
    well finally read everything and similiar situation would be
    jerry cantrell
    zach wylde
    sting
    steve hacket

chris daughtry sucks

who is steve hacket? was he in kansas?

I do not care if CC does not have a name for his band. Danny said Chris D. was conceited for naming his cd after himself as well as his band. I just wondered what other ppl thought.
    10/10 - Brad in B'more