European Tour for 21st century Doors (ROTS)

iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
edited June 2007 in Other Music
Riders On the Storm (ROTS) TOUR 07

Confirmed Dates:

June 15 - Carling Academy - Glasgow, Scotland
June 16 - Rock City - Nottingham, England
June 17 - The Mean Fiddler - London, England
June 20 - Corporation, Sheffield, England
June 21 - The Tripod - Dublin Ireland
June 22 - Royal Theater - Castlebar, Ireland
June 24 - Greighallen - Bergen, Norway
June 25 - Tyrol - Stockholm, Sweden
June 26 - House Of Kultur - Helsinki, Finland
June 28 - Rockhal - Luxembourg
June 30 - Arrow Rock - Biddinghuizen, Netherlands

July 2 - Effenar - Eindhoven, Netherlands
July 3 - Le Grand Rex - Paris, France
9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
10/10 - Brad in B'more
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• daanartsdaanarts Posts: 130
    too bad they are to expensive. i was gonna go see them in my home town. Eindhoven Effenaar but tickets are 45 euros for a 1200 capacity crowd. Should b a great one but i've seen about 4 times already and thats enough. If only tickets werent so highly priced i would have gone.
    I change by not changing at all.
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    daanarts wrote:
    too bad they are to expensive. i was gonna go see them in my home town. Eindhoven Effenaar but tickets are 45 euros for a 1200 capacity crowd. Should b a great one but i've seen about 4 times already and thats enough. If only tickets werent so highly priced i would have gone.

That is expensive. I had to cheat and use a currency converter.

Did you know that Ian Astbury left ROTS and went back to the Cult?
    Brett Scallions is the new front man. While I like him, not sure I'd want to pay $60 to see them!
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • daanartsdaanarts Posts: 130
    yeah i knew all that.. not following the band anymore. i hate the fact that manzarek uses a standard keyboard instead of a hammond. it all sounds so forced and new now..
    I change by not changing at all.
    daanarts wrote:
    yeah i knew all that.. not following the band anymore. i hate the fact that manzarek uses a standard keyboard instead of a hammond. it all sounds so forced and new now..

ok I'm not keyboard savvy so I do not know the difference :)

I saw Chris Cornell on april 29 for $30 which is a much better deal than $60!!! :)
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
    hey

they are getting really good reviews on ray manzarek's website

:)
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    i have a friend, VEDHEAD27 and our friend, who went to the show in London, of course, i won't hear a review until she gets back into the states. i'm anxious to know how they sound
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    They didn't say why, but they had to cancel their show in Toronto about a month ago.
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • June 30 - Arrow Rock - Biddinghuizen, Netherlands

Anyone know how far away this is from Amsterdam?

Will be over there for the PJ show on the 28th
    2004 - 10/1, 10/11
    2005 - 9/15, 9/16, 9/30, 10/1, 10/3
    2006 - 5/5, 5/12, 5/13, 5/27, 5/28, 5/30, 6/1, 6/3, 6/23, 7/22, 7/23, 12/2
    2007 - 6/27, 8/3
    2008 - 6/14, 6/19, 6/20, 6/22, 6/24, 6/25, 6/27, 6/28, 6/30, 7/1
    June 30 - Arrow Rock - Biddinghuizen, Netherlands

Anyone know how far away this is from Amsterdam?

Will be over there for the PJ show on the 28th

does mapquest or mapblast work over there or just in the U.S.
    how about looking on
    http://www.wikipedia.org
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biddinghuizen
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amsterdam
    or send a pm to Davanita (she lives over there)
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    i have a friend, VEDHEAD27 and our friend, who went to the show in London, of course, i won't hear a review until she gets back into the states. i'm anxious to know how they sound

here is a really long review from a guy named gazza (pasting in from ray's forum). apparently the venue was nasty but the guy loved ROTS.

"Review (Sort off)

Got to the "mean fiddler" a hour or so before the riders took to the stage.

I was very disapointed with the venu and in my opinion it was the worst venu i've ever been to ta see a band of that stature.
    The boys deserve ta be playing better gaffs than this shithole (Come on promotors get i sorted).

That is the only complaint i had about the night as as soon as the Riders took to the stage the shithole thoughts were soon replaced by thoughts of a heavenly nature.

Got me audio recorder ready as the boys come out to the usual breathtaking intro

Then the band kicked of with "Love me two times" which sounded excellent and it was the first time i got ta hear Brett live and he came out storming as did the band "Nothing new there" (Gotta say the mic levels weren't at the best though).

We followed straight into "Break on through" with the band sounding on top form And Ray then stormed into the "Dead cats dead rats" poem which sounded ace and the crowd loved it man.

Brett told the crowd "If there was ever a time ta pull out a big fat spliff (Doob) then now was the time" and then the band went straight into "When the music's over" During it Brett also pulled out a joint and said to Ray we will be having some of this later.
    Brett really got into every word sucking the crowd in with him and Robbie's guitar solo was amazing.

We then got the usual intro's from Ray introducing "Brett" first then the montser himself "Ty Dennis" before introducing "Phil Chen" as are guy from jamaica".
    Ray then gave Robbie the intro he deserves saying "The best guitar player i've ever played with" before Robbie introduced Ray as "The guy who discovered the doors and jim morrison walking down the beach" which got rapturous applause.

Back to the music and ray gave a little intro before kicking into "Moonlight Drive/Horse Lattitudes" which was a great addition to the setlist and once again the band sounded great and Brett's vocals sounded top draw (And a little higher as on previous tracks they were little low).
    The band kicked into "Wildchild" and again the band were on fire and they seemed ta be loving every minute of it (Remember when we were in africa)

Robbie then got up too play a bit of flamenco guitar as the intro to "Spanish Caravan".
    Now as much as i love Robbie's guitar playing a just dont think it sounds right in that kinda enviroment (When you have a noisy crowd talking it just dont mix) so myself i think the band should drop it from the set.
    I've heard it a few times at there shows and it just dont sit right am afraid.
    As for "Spanish Caravan" itself what a tune that is exactly what you wanna hear from Mr Kreiger his fingers were burning he was that hot and Brett really done it for me on this tune sounding so deep and well into it (As brett said "Fucking beautiful")

It was time for the trip to the "Whiskey bar" and once again it was a very tight performance from the boys with Brett getting the crowd to particpate in some arm waving banter.

Time for the politics from Ray , He opened his little rant by saying "this is for the maniac's in washington who get us into this world mess the crazy president and the evil Dr strangelove Mr cheney".
    Robbie then commented something about "Kissinger" being in on it as well (God love robbie) Brett then said "kissy my asse".
    Ray said were going ta get rid of the fuckers before storming into "Five To One" which really kicked asse and once again Robbie's guitar playing was out of this world.

Then we went into a favourite of my "The Changeling" which is a classic and Brett really stepped upto the plate on this one and it sounded great once again.

We then had "Touch Me" which was dedicated to "James Brown & Jim Morrison" and the sex machine "Ty Dennis" as Ray calls him gave us the ususl intro too a crowd favourite.

Brett said the band had one more for us which was going ta take us on a trip to Hollywood and the band kicked into "L.a. Woman" this had the place rocking and i for one didnt want it too end "Brett" asked the crowd to sing it loud and proud not for him but for "Jim Morrison" great touch from a great man.

The band left the stage and a few people left the venu (Silly silly) cos as any Riders fan knows the band always come back for a encore.

The rain started pouring outta the speaking and the sounds of "Riders On The Storm" kicked in.
    What a stunning, beautiful,emotional track to suck you straight back in (Just a pity half the crowd were talking shit all the way through it "Some people hey")

Then the boys pulled out the stools for a little acoustic jam and Brett said if there was a favourite track on the setlist this was it "The Crystal Ship" which i couldn't agree more what a tune what a voice what a band.
    We then had the class "People Are Strange" which is the first time i've heard the band play it and it got most of the talkers singing instead of waffling shit so that was a good thing.

Then last tune of the night was the one and only "Light My Fire" which Ray introduced as a track Robbie had wrote and something about it being number one in america 40 years ago.
    What a end too a truly stunning gig the band were on fire and Brett was excellent.

For all those people who dont like Brett you needed ta be at this gig the lad done the job on all fronts.
    His Singing his Interaction were second too none and i for one am glad this is the man they got in to replace Ian.

I loved Ian but he has moved on to better things so its time ta hail the new arrival that is Brett Scallions.

Thanks to Brett, Ty & Phil but most of all thank you too Ray & Robbie for giving me another top night in the company of two of the greatest rock "n" roll legends alive today.

Till the next time people."
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • iluvcats wrote:
    does mapquest or mapblast work over there or just in the U.S.
    how about looking on
    http://www.wikipedia.org
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biddinghuizen
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amsterdam
    or send a pm to Davanita (she lives over there)

thanks for your help!
    2004 - 10/1, 10/11
    2005 - 9/15, 9/16, 9/30, 10/1, 10/3
    2006 - 5/5, 5/12, 5/13, 5/27, 5/28, 5/30, 6/1, 6/3, 6/23, 7/22, 7/23, 12/2
    2007 - 6/27, 8/3
    2008 - 6/14, 6/19, 6/20, 6/22, 6/24, 6/25, 6/27, 6/28, 6/30, 7/1
    thanks for your help!

when I had nothing better to do, I found the two cities on maplast.
    50 minutes or 50 miles, something like that
    maybe it was mapquest.com
    10/10 - Brad in B'more