Fuel's new front man

iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
edited August 2007 in Other Music
9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
10/10 - Brad in B'more
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Indian SummerIndian Summer Posts: 2,296
    Blah....this album/tour will tank...leaving them begging Brett Scallions to come back. This guys sounds like 25 other rock/emo singers out there.
    "It's all happening"
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    Blah....this album/tour will tank...leaving them begging Brett Scallions to come back. This guys sounds like 25 other rock/emo singers out there.

scallions is gone. I like the new boy.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
    iluvcats wrote:
    scallions is gone. I like the new boy.

enjoy it while it lasts...this will be their only album. THey shouldn't have kept the Fuel name...I think a lead singer or a lead guitarists changes your sound completely...and a new band should be formed. I was a big Fuel fan...and this is not Fuel.
    "It's all happening"
  • My god, that was awful.
    enjoy it while it lasts...this will be their only album. THey shouldn't have kept the Fuel name...I think a lead singer or a lead guitarists changes your sound completely...and a new band should be formed. I was a big Fuel fan...and this is not Fuel.

wait a second...I loved scallions. I just accept the fact that he's gone. he's a bassist in circus diablo now besides ROTS.
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
    iluvcats wrote:
    wait a second...I loved scallions. I just accept the fact that he's gone. he's a bassist in circus diablo now besides ROTS.

I gotcha...but do you understand what I mean about keeping the name? If Ed left Pearl Jam...I wouldn't consider it Pearl Jam anymore....sames goes for Mike or Stone....it would change the lineup past recognition.
    "It's all happening"
    I gotcha...but do you understand what I mean about keeping the name? If Ed left Pearl Jam...I wouldn't consider it Pearl Jam anymore....sames goes for Mike or Stone....it would change the lineup past recognition.

i know, but alot of bands have new front men and do not change their name.
    van halen, journey, kansas, foreigner, INXS (can't think of anyone newer)
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • DCGARDENDCGARDEN Posts: 515
    That was terrible.

When did Johnyy Depp start singing anyway?
    I'll keep taking punches
    Untill their will grows tired
    for indian summer :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0QMfK9hzgA

lavendar and cream!
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
    DCGARDEN wrote:
    That was terrible.

hahahahahaha!
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
    iluvcats wrote:
    for indian summer :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0QMfK9hzgA

lavendar and cream!

that song is lyrically fucking brilliant! One of the greatest songs of the 90's
    "It's all happening"
    that song is lyrically fucking brilliant! One of the greatest songs of the 90's

and I never heard it back in the day....I was too into pj to notice anyone else.
    (btw, scallions' hair did not look like that when i met him last summer)

i'm a late pearl jam and fuel bloomer
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
    iluvcats wrote:
    and I never heard it back in the day....I was too into pj to notice anyone else.
    (btw, scallions' hair did not look like that when i met him last summer)

i'm a late pearl jam and fuel bloomer

I was into that Sunburn album just as much as I was into Ten back then....but of course all this great music hit me at the right time...young punk about 12 through high school. I was all about some Fuel during my Senior Year of High School
    "It's all happening"
  • darthvedder88darthvedder88 Posts: 1,023
    Definately a great band. I've actually had the special edition of Sunburn in my car here lately! King For a Day is mindblowingly good.
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    i never liked fuel, but their previous singer i always thought had a good voice, and seemed like a cool guy.

idk know why i watched that, don't even like the band. just was curious i guess. but damn, that was AWFUL. number one he looks emo. doesn't fit the music. and too his voice sounds like a little kids in a way. i can't explain it. i thought that majorly sucked.
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
    i never liked fuel, but their previous singer i always thought had a good voice, and seemed like a cool guy.

idk know why i watched that, don't even like the band. just was curious i guess. but damn, that was AWFUL. number one he looks emo. doesn't fit the music. and too his voice sounds like a little kids in a way. i can't explain it. i thought that majorly sucked.

I like him. Don't like his haircut.

I think he's 32.
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Carl Bell is hot!
  • DavanitaDavanita Posts: 854
    DCGARDEN wrote:
    That was terrible.

he fuckin wishes he looked/sounded like Johnny Depp.
    a better phrase would be "when did Matt Leblanc start singing?"

this shit hurts my ears.
    don't ever make me listen to it again, Lynn. ;)
    Jon Stewart: "[about Russia's new president]...Dmitri Medevvvevv.... Dmitri Meh..... Dmitri M.! Or... as George W. Bush would probably pronounce it... Eddie Vedder."

this shit hurts my ears.

is matt leblanc joey on friends? :D
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • DavanitaDavanita Posts: 854
    iluvcats wrote:
    is matt leblanc joey on friends? :D

yep. that's the one.
    Jon Stewart: "[about Russia's new president]...Dmitri Medevvvevv.... Dmitri Meh..... Dmitri M.! Or... as George W. Bush would probably pronounce it... Eddie Vedder."

this shit hurts my ears.

hey everyone is entitled to an opinion
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040

Bret is with Riders on the Storm now. I heard he does a great Jim Morrison. Looking forward to seeing them live.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
    LukinFan wrote:
    Bret is with Riders on the Storm now. I heard he does a great Jim Morrison. Looking forward to seeing them live.

I heard he's not trying to sing like JM. Did you hear that brett and his wife had a baby on 9/7/07 and named him Jagger Song Scallions.

Also, I did not go to the free Fuel concert on 9/6. I heard it was great though.
    I was feeling kind of down.
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • enjoy it while it lasts...this will be their only album. THey shouldn't have kept the Fuel name...I think a lead singer or a lead guitarists changes your sound completely...and a new band should be formed. I was a big Fuel fan...and this is not Fuel.
    My thoughts EXACTLY
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • JenfarrJenfarr Posts: 677
    Carl Bell is hot!

Word!

And for those that say they should have changed their name after Brett left, Carl wrote the music and lyrics to most of the songs you all love by Fuel. Brett was just the MTV face with so so voice (IMHO).
    "McCready played on, lending credence to the theory that he was actually built in Stone’s basement from spare truck parts and vinyl records." - Glide Mag. review of MSG 7/8/03
  • I was a big Fuel fan...and this is not Fuel.

Fuel is Carl Bell.

Bret was the voice/face.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Fuel is Carl Bell.

Bret was the voice/face.

PBM

do you ever know what the fuck you're talking about?
    "It's all happening"
  • do you ever know what the fuck you're talking about?

Yes.

Carl Bell and Jeff Abercrombie started Fuel back when they lived in Kenton, Tn. Carl has always been the driving force behind the band.

It's nothing against Brett Scallions, I actually prefer him, but Carl is, and always has been, the primary songwriter and lyricist.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

• It actually sounds like Brett wanted more creative control and Carl didn't want to give that up.

“When Brett up and left, it was kinda like ‘great, well what do we do now?’” The issues that Scallions had with Bell appear to be stemmed pretty deep, including creative differences and his ability to write songs for the band.

“He wanted to write more, and be [involved] a little bit in the writing, which was fine with me; I can’t stop somebody from writing.” But the real problem with Scallions, according to Bell, was his voice.

“Brett had some voice issues…struggling with his voice at times,” Bell said. “A lot of it was his voice to be honest with you; he had kinda lost a little bit of it.”

PBM