Death Cab/Rogue Wave

Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,858
edited June 2008 in Other Music
I caught a show in Montreal over the weekend and it was fantastic.

If you like either band, dont miss it.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• memememe Posts: 4,695
    Wonderful, D2D and I are on our way :D
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    meme wrote:
    Wonderful, D2D and I are on our way :D

YAY!
    :D

rain or no rain ;)...it's gonna be a blast! i am totally looking forward to it! and unlike when i go to see live pj - and take a musicfast - i've been listening to death cab LOADS. i usually do listen to them often in any case, but really been on a kick, and also to get into the groove of the new album. it HAS grown on me considerably...although that talking bird song, sorry, still lame! :p haha.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Lukin66Lukin66 Posts: 3,063
    I'm a fan of Rogue Wave, though I don't think they're eplaying anywhere near me
    deep, deep blue of the morning
    gets to me every time
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,858
    YAY!

rain or no rain ;)...it's gonna be a blast! i am totally looking forward to it! and unlike when i go to see live pj - and take a musicfast - i've been listening to death cab LOADS. i usually do listen to them often in any case, but really been on a kick, and also to get into the groove of the new album. it HAS grown on me considerably...although that talking bird song, sorry, still lame! :p haha.

they tore it up. I was really impressed.
    have fun stay dry and hydrated

I cannot stop listening to the bixby canyon bridge
    It was horrible :(
    meme wrote:
    really?????
    why?
    meme wrote:
    I heard about the weather the guitar problems and the short show

sorry you guys didnt get a good one.
  • PearlJen22PearlJen22 Posts: 106
    That was disappointing. :(
    I was so looking forward to the show...
    I feel like the show should have been postponed, everyone knew the weather was going to be like that... sigh.

Also.. what's with everyone taking videos!.. it was hard to see the band over the sea of camera's and phones. Enjoy the moment!
    PearlJen79 wrote:
    That was disappointing. :(
    I was so looking forward to the show...
    I feel like the show should have been postponed, everyone knew the weather was going to be like that... sigh.

Also.. what's with everyone taking videos!.. it was hard to see the band over the sea of camera's and phones. Enjoy the moment!

I am sorry you guys got gyped. The show I saw was fantastic.

And I agree about the cell phones and cameras-its so annoying and ruins the experience
    Get_Right wrote:

That leaves me a little curious about seeing a good one. Although as I was standing there I had a feeling. A friend put it wonderfully in words when she said "there's something about songs about finding lost love in a glove compartment that makes them best suited to be listened to in your room than in a largish outdoor venue". Or something like that :p

D2D also mentioned they were a little misplaced in such a large outdoor venue. Where did you see them Get Right?
  • PearlJen22PearlJen22 Posts: 106
    Get_Right wrote:

And I agree about the cell phones and cameras-its so annoying and ruins the experience

Yeah, every other time I've seen them, its been great.
    The only reason why I am not really upset, is because I have 7 Pearl Jam shows coming up... so this kind of just became a warm up for those..oh well.
    PearlJen79 wrote:
    Yeah, every other time I've seen them, its been great.
    The only reason why I am not really upset, is because I have 7 Pearl Jam shows coming up... so this kind of just became a warm up for those..oh well.

well hopefully that got the wind lightning and rain out of the way for the next three weeks
  • Brain of J.LoBrain of J.Lo Posts: 3,259
    Looking forward to this show tonight in Philly!

...a little concerned that the place will be teeming with teenagers, though...lol. :D Oh well. ;)
    meme wrote:
    That leaves me a little curious about seeing a good one. Although as I was standing there I had a feeling. A friend put it wonderfully in words when she said "there's something about songs about finding lost love in a glove compartment that makes them best suited to be listened to in your room than in a largish outdoor venue". Or something like that :p

D2D also mentioned they were a little misplaced in such a large outdoor venue. Where did you see them Get Right?

I saw them in Montreal on the Jacques Cartier pier (setting might have influenced me a tad-it was spectacular)
    same capacity, close to 3k I think

but the weather, the sound, the crowd and the songs were outstanding.
  • AstirdAstird Posts: 168
    Saw the show in Toronto. Rogue Wave were ok, Stars set went on WAY too long, and DCFC were perfect. Ben went from book nerd to GRRR.