Young Neil

Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,851
edited December 2007 in Other Music
going to the NYC show tonight

anyone know what time Neil starts, or has been starting during this tour?
thanks
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• from what i remember peggi is on at 7? then intermission, neil on @8, then intermission, the neil on again
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • memememe Posts: 4,695
    I have a 100 dollars extra ticket :(
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,851
    thanks for the information

meme

bummer

Im sure someone on here might want that ticket
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,262
    meme wrote:
    I have a 100 dollars extra ticket :(

damm i would take that ticket in a minute if it wasn't for all that is going on in my life at the moment shoot ...good luck
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    from what i remember peggi is on at 7? then intermission, neil on @8, then intermission, the neil on again

ticket I have says 8pm start

does that mean pegi on at 8, neil at nine?

thanks for the info
  • fanfan Posts: 12
    When you can post a review of the show. I was at the December 9th show in Philly and it was the BEST show I've been to. I've never seen him in such a small venue and the sound for the acoustic set was perfect, so beautiful. Then when he plugged in for the second set.............and blew my ears out!!! He was jumping around like he was 26 not 62!! It not that often that a real legend comes around and his talent is on display this tour. In Philly he accompained himself with the harmonica on almost every song (w/ guitar and piano). His voice sounded great, especially for the final leg of the tour. He can't quite get those high notes (After the Gold Rush), but he's still able to pull you into those songs. Then for the elecric set......WOW. We got a 25 minute feed back heavy 'No Hidden Path" to close out the set.

Good stuff, enjoy the show.
  • mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    Get_Right wrote:
    ticket I have says 8pm start

does that mean pegi on at 8, neil at nine?

thanks for the info

That's what I'm thinking too. Can't wait for tonight!!
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
    How shameful would it be to take my 7 year old kid to the show, on a school night, against his dad's wishes?
    meme wrote:
    How shameful would it be to take my 7 year old kid to the show, on a school night, against his dad's wishes?

well I hope you decided not to take the kid
    LATE show due to the Fire Dept.
    what a nightmare

show was good, but we probably missed a couple of songs
    Get_Right wrote:
    well I hope you decided not to take the kid
    LATE show due to the Fire Dept.
    what a nightmare

show was good, but we probably missed a couple of songs

I did :(

Great show though. We had to leave at like a hurricane. Did he play anything afterwards?
    What a freakin nightmare last night was! Neil was amazing as ever, but standing outside for over an hour waiting to get in?!?!? Not to mention as nice as the venue was the acoustics were shit! Great setlist though! Love Neil! Five more chances for us NYers to see him! I may go again next week.
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

• pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    did they have any of the AWESOME posters Tod Slater made for the shows?
    pjtaper wrote:
    did they have any of the AWESOME posters Tod Slater made for the shows?

The only poster I noticed was a 2007 tour poster. Didn't look that special.
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

mookie9999 wrote:
    Not to mention as nice as the venue was the acoustics were shit!

No way. Where were you sitting? From the Upper Loge it sounded like the second best acoustic at a show ever. After Pearl Jam in the Arena in Verona.
    meme wrote:
    No way. Where were you sitting? From the Upper Loge it sounded like the second best acoustic at a show ever. After Pearl Jam in the Arena in Verona.

I was in the balcony and his acoustic set was quite muted. I'm still always blown away (no pun intended) by seeing Neil and his voice still holds up, but I thought the sound was poor from where I was.
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

mookie9999 wrote:
    I was in the balcony and his acoustic set was quite muted. I'm still always blown away (no pun intended) by seeing Neil and his voice still holds up, but I thought the sound was poor from where I was.

Interesting.
    Indeed, I could hear more about my seat neighbors than I cared, but overall I thought it was fantastic. And you are right: his voice is phenomenal. I guess he does not smoke as much as someone else we know.
    meme wrote:
    Interesting.
    Indeed, I could hear more about my seat neighbors than I cared, but overall I thought it was fantastic. And you are right: his voice is phenomenal. I guess he does not smoke as much as someone else we know.

:D EV needs to smoke less for sure! You hit the other issue right on the head. Being able to hear surrounding people better than Neil! But as I posted above, I still may go back for one more. I hate knowing that Neil is so close and only hitting one of the shows!
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

Hurricane was the last song

I was tenth row, so I had no sound issues.
    The right stack clipped a few times, but I think they got it together fairly quickly

I was blown away by the performance. Neil still has it.
    Ive seen him before, but that setting was perfect for him and the band.

Harvest is probably my favorite song and he nailed it.

Watching him strut around wailing on that vintage les paul-I now fully understand why PJ idolizes this guy-guitar, banjo, piano, synth, organ, singer
    what a talented musician!

I wont be heading back there anytime soon. The uptown location, delay, the crappy beer, the lines at the bathroom, the lack of parking and local bars-made for a less than pleasant evening.
    Get_Right wrote:
    I wont be heading back there anytime soon. The uptown location, delay, the crappy beer, the lines at the bathroom, the lack of parking and local bars-made for a less than pleasant evening.

Good points above! To anyone going that hasn't went yet, the bathroom situation is dreadful!!! I was in line (I'm a guy) for over 25 minutes and I left the line so that I didn't miss any of the electric set! Fortunately, there will be no more fire department "bullshit issues" the rest of the way. As to the parking, I took the subway so no issues there.
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

if this was at the beacon or the nokia or heck, anywhere below 100th st.

Id be looking for tix to go again

but Ill pass and wait for Neil's social security tour!
    Get_Right wrote:

but Ill pass and wait for Neil's social security tour!

:D "Thanks folks. This next one is really big at the home. Join in if you know the words." (Begins to play Itsy Bitsy Spider).
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

mookie9999 wrote:
    Good points above! To anyone going that hasn't went yet, the bathroom situation is dreadful!!! I was in line (I'm a guy) for over 25 minutes and I left the line so that I didn't miss any of the electric set! Fortunately, there will be no more fire department "bullshit issues" the rest of the way. As to the parking, I took the subway so no issues there.

I'm a girl and had no issues :)
    I had to go during the show though.
    My son asked me to leave "at the end of this song".
    The song was No Hidden Path :D