Anyone here into ROSE HILL DRIVE?

chris3chris3 Posts: 43
edited August 2006 in Other Music
They are one of my new favorite bands. They kick so much ass, it isnt even funny. If you like Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, or any kind of really hard rocking straight up R'N'R then you'd love Rose Hill Drive. They put on a hellva show and since they are stilll really small you can see um dirt cheap in great small locations. I just saw um at the 40 watt in Athens,GA and the show was fucking incredible.

rosehilldrive.com

3/18/06 - Sat Sheridan Opera House Telluride, CO
Doors @ 9pm - Rose Hill Drive @ 10pm!

3/23/06 - Thur Belly Up Aspen Aspen, CO
(with special guests The Slip! 21+ show...Doors @ 8pm

3/24/06 - Fri Sherpa & Yeti's Breckenridge, CO
21+ show...Doors @ 9pm

3/25/06 - Sat Club 8150 Vail, CO
with special guests The Slip! 21+ show...Doors @ 9pm

3/30/06 - Thur Aggie Theatre Fort Collins, CO
A Benefit Show...More info to come

4/7 & 4/8/06 - Fri & Sat Fox Theatre Boulder, CO
w/ Very Special Guest Will Hoge! Tickets are currently available online @ http://www.foxtheatre.com and are available thru Rose Hill Drive ticketing. Tickets can also be purchased in town @ Albums on the Hill...Tickets will be $12.50 advance/$15 Day of show with a limited number of 2-day passes available for $22! More info to come...

4/11/06 - Tues Iowa City Yacht Club Iowa City, IA
More info to come...

4/12/06 - Wed The 400 Bar Minneapolis, MN
(w/ Will Hoge!) 18+ show! Doors @ 8pm...

4/13/06 - Thur The Annex Madison, WI
(w/ Will Hoge!) 18 + show! Doors @ 7pm...

4/14/06 - Fri Park West Chicago, IL
(w/ Will Hoge!) Doors @ 6pm...

4/15/06 - Sat The Music Mill Indianapolis, IN
(w/ Will Hoge!) 21+ show...Doors @ 8pm...

4/20/06 - Thur Terrace F Club Princeton, NJ
More info to come....

4/22/06 - Sat Knitting Factory New York City, NY
This show is in conjunction with The Green Apple Festival. Show starts at 11:30 PM. ...Tickets are only $10- See you in New York!

6/8-6/11/06 - Thurs - Sun Wakarusa Lawrence, KS
Rose Hill Drive will join Gov't Mule, Robert Randolph and the Family Band, Gomez, Les Claypool, Gabby La La, Jerry Joseph and many more for this Festival!!! More info and set times to come...

GO SEE UM
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I saw these guys open for wilco last fall and i was impressed. I missed them when they came through atlanta a couple weeks ago :(

They are three piece and they flat out rock. A little sabbath sludge in them, but i won't call them a sabbath rip off band. Although they do a MONSTER jam of Fairies wear Boots.

these guys rock :D
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • chris3chris3 Posts: 43
    I'm so glad someone here has heard of them!! Their 20+ minute jam of Dazed and Confused is awesome, but their original stuff is great as well. You can download COOL CODY from their website rosehilldrive.com
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Below is a review. You all should check these guys out.

Rose Hill Drive peels out off the starting line with a classic, self-titled debut release

Rose Hill Drive
    Rose Hill Drive
    Megaforce/SCI Fidelity
    4 out of 5

Rose Hill Drive’s debut full-length release is like the Oreo cookie of rock and roll albums. It’s got a hard, crunchy rocking outside, with a soft and chewy acoustic inside.

One of the most highly anticipated releases by a local band in recent years, the wait has apparently been well worth it. For several years now, Rose Hill Drive has been creating a mushroom-cloud of a buzz across the country and overseas. This summer the band completed their first headlining tour of Europe and opened for rock and roll legends The Who.

Their self-titled debut is spectacular, and shows one of the youngest, yet simultaneously mature rock bands to come out of Colorado, musically and personally.

Kicking off with nut-grabbing versions of the fight songs “Showdown” and “Cold Enough,” the power trio then launches into re-worked versions of their show-stoppers “Cool Cody” and “The Guru.”

Rose Hill Drive follows that four-song series of punches with a side of the band seldom seen, an acoustic montage of tracks including “In the Beginning,” “Brain Novocaine” — which received considerable airtime on KBCO radio earlier this year — the breathtakingly gorgeous “Declaration of Independence,” and “It’s Simple.”

Those songs prove that while Rose Hill can easily rock the hell out of a live crowd, they also have the musical chops and depth to go beyond head banging. Surprisingly, and quite thankfully, the acoustic tracks don’t come off as wanna-be ’80s “power ballads” — they’re more refined, and much less formulaic than their big-haired predecessors.

Rose Hill comes out of the acoustic segment of the album with the tenacity of a re-built Trans Am in fifth gear with the throttle stuck wide open. “Raise Your Hands” has been in the band’s live repertoire for some time, but the song is destined to hold that spot as a concert anthem, and this studio version proves that the song is not just a fun audience participation number. “Man On Fire” and “Reptilian Blues,” for those in the know, are the best examples of the band’s growth in recent years. Originally named “Soul on Fire” and “Mexico,” respectively, the two tracks demonstrate the enormous and sometimes seemingly impossible strides that the band has taken in their growth, re-working their songs, heavily road testing them and keeping their edge and freshness all at the same time. The album ends with the heavy blues stomp “Cross the Line,” which fades off with a marching beat that can only mean a sequel is soon to follow.

The album is sonically exactly what the band needed, something that could show their refined musicianship, but not sound like a slick, overly-produced studio effort. Co-produced by the band and Nick DiDia (Rage Against The Machine, Pearl Jam), Rose Hill Drive comes across like a well-dressed effort, but not so well dressed that they’re tuxedoed for the prom. The album was recorded in true rock fashion, with no Pro Tools, no auto-tuning, no studio tricks, just pure raw energy that went straight to tape — and that organic approach helps to highlight the band’s skill and sound as well as a perfectly-placed light can reveal the true beauty of a painting.

Rose Hill Drive is exactly what the band has been searching and hoping for, for years. The band has turned down other label offers, shelved other projects and vehemently stood their ground that their first album would be just that, their first, not their first and only. Their honest desire to build themselves on their own terms shines through tremendously on this album, and gives just a glimpse of a long future to come from Colorado’s best-ever rock and roll act.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    I saw these guys at a festival with The Who here in the UK and really liked them :D
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Alone.Alone. Posts: 54
    These guys are amazing. i saw them open for Van Halen a few years back. i joined the street team. they rock! cant wait for their album!
  • stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    Yes I like them. I'm seeing them in Portsmouth at the end of October. Possibly in London too :D
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • I'm seeing them tonight in Boulder - the new album is awesome - these guys rock.