Options

Hartford Pre-Concert Tailgate Party

bettermanchickbettermanchick Posts: 36
edited April 2008 in The Porch
Granted, the whole concert is gonna be a huge awesome party, but I wondered if any Connecticution, Connecticun, Connecticuteer... Message Boarders, whatever we are, are getting together in one spec. parking lot for a party!
Last time I went i sat dead center under the pavillion and this year i got shafted for the lawn.. :(

Still, if anyone's planning a shindig in one of the parking lots, or if we want to organize one now... so be it.

What are your thoughts?
shut the fuck up donny

u are who who u are

i used to treat you like a lady
now you're my substitute teacher
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    there is a thread in the Given To Fly section about the huge pre-party at a bar, can't recall off the top of my head

I'll bump the thread for ya
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    Yellow BedwetterYellow Bedwetter NYC Posts: 2,832
    im up for some tailgating w/Vedd Heads
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • Options
    Driving up from NJ/PA area, I'm up for hanging out.
    Laura Michelé Stevens
  • Options
    butterfly1butterfly1 Posts: 372
    Tailgating's more fun than a bar, especially if its a nice warm early summer afternoon/night.
  • Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,839
    I'd personally just like to tailgate over the whole bar thing......see you all at the show!!!!
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    Def tailgating over a bar... the vibes all shared when you're gating for the same concert, a bar has scattered sketchies that ya just don't know. i'll def check out the thread though... yay!
    shut the fuck up donny

u are who who u are

• Options
    Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    can't fit 18,000 people into the bar, so tailgaters have at it! :D
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    In some of the other Hartford Pre Party threads, I think someone mentioned no tailgating allowed on the actual grounds of the amphitheater due to some incident a few years back. You might be able to find a lot close to the grounds that would let you tailgate. I don't know how acurate the info is, but I would recommend you check it out just in case.

The bar pre party is at a place called Sweet Jane's about a mile or so from the show.
  • Options
    In some of the other Hartford Pre Party threads, I think someone mentioned no tailgating allowed on the actual grounds of the amphitheater due to some incident a few years back. You might be able to find a lot close to the grounds that would let you tailgate. I don't know how acurate the info is, but I would recommend you check it out just in case.

The bar pre party is at a place called Sweet Jane's about a mile or so from the show.
    Yeah in 98 some people had too good of a time, the hartford police stomped people, and pj refused to come back, hence their eight year hiatus from the nutmeg state. in 06 we tailed in some corporate lot where we parked less tahn a mile away from the venue, across the street and down the block I think like three buildings away from a Mc Donalds.. pee break friendly... it's hazy but it was still cool. Sweet Janes... hmmm
    shut the fuck up donny

u are who who u are

• Options
    Yeah in 98 some people had too good of a time, the hartford police stomped people, and pj refused to come back, hence their eight year hiatus from the nutmeg state. in 06 we tailed in some corporate lot where we parked less tahn a mile away from the venue, across the street and down the block I think like three buildings away from a Mc Donalds.. pee break friendly... it's hazy but it was still cool. Sweet Janes... hmmm

Sounds cool. I think I will go to Sweet Janes for a while, but I might stop by a tailgate on the way to the show. Looking forward to a great night. Never been to CT.
  • Options
    kh65kh65 Posts: 946
    Granted, the whole concert is gonna be a huge awesome party, but I wondered if any Connecticution, Connecticun, Connecticuteer... Message Boarders, whatever we are, are getting together in one spec. parking lot for a party!
    Last time I went i sat dead center under the pavillion and this year i got shafted for the lawn.. :(

Still, if anyone's planning a shindig in one of the parking lots, or if we want to organize one now... so be it.

What are your thoughts?

Dude, just say Nutmeger. Only someone from CT will now about that anyways.
    "If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much room."

Gambling=a taxation on stupidity.

Remember, you can walk anywhere, as long as you have the time.

http://www.ryanmontbleauband.com/

http://www.myspace.com/jessedee
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,813

Thanks for the mention! Hope to see you again there! :) You were a definite hit with the ladies heehee

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=279920

Sweet Jane's
    88 Pratt St
    Hartford, CT 06103
    (860) 882-6754
    Time: 2:00 PM +
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    I know we're driving there from New Brunswick, Canada....might be up for something. We'll see!