Options

my ears are still ringing...

iamsampjiamsampj Posts: 784
edited March 2007 in Other Music
i went to see band of horses last night here at the social. what an amazing show...totally exceded my expectations. i think they were quite suprised at the crowd's reaction too. good times. and a great start to an amazing month of shows!! i think the ringing in the ears will last for a couple weeks...i think ear plugs may be a smart investment :D bring on snow patrol and cold war kids next week!!!
yes...i do feel like a human. i do not feel like a tree.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    i saw band of horses live. they were great! my ears are ringing too, but from the walkmen last nite~!
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    If your ears are ringing................answer them. :D Sorry, old joke.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    ha ha hello? hello>? is anyone there??
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • Options
    merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    Get yourself a pair of these:

http://www.etymotic.com/ephp/er20.aspx

Well worth the $12, and they are reuseable. The sound that comes through is very clean, not muffled.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • Options
    3sheets3sheets Posts: 284
    i was at the Social as well and they put on a great, fun show. the sound mixing was excellent for that venue and the levels on the vocals were by far the best i've heard at that venue in quite some time. for an o-town crowd, they were really receptive. great atmosphere last night as well. it kind of felt like those old high school/college parties where everyone knows each other, is welcome and have a blast. and those guys really seemed to be enjoying their new-found success, which they should be. and they also played damn good for being a bit drunk.

loved the ron wood cover. and the last song was fun, something the opening band asked them to play (the one with the female lead singer), and it was nice and racous.

don't miss these guys, especially in a nice, small club.
    Live Free or Die!
  • Options
    jb13lettersjb13letters Posts: 220
    I wanted to hit the St. Augustine show last Saturday, but the 10th also happens to be my wife's birthday, and since she's not into the same stuff as me, I'd have gone alone.

She actually said I could go, but there was no way I was gonna give her ammo for some argument 2 or 3 years down the line- "And what about that time you went to see that band on my birthday?"

This is the second year this has happened- last year Wilco played.
    Statistically speaking, you're more likely to be pitied by Mr. T than you are to have feet.
  • Options
    lowlight10lowlight10 Posts: 619
    ringing ears seem cool now. too bad you wont be able to hear your own farts in 10 years. get some earplugs.
    -

"In your case, I'll check my brain at the door and we'll start even, okay?"

Have you thanked a taper today?
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    Sorry if it's a stupid question, but who are the Band of Horses? A new band or old?
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    Sorry if it's a stupid question, but who are the Band of Horses? A new band or old?
    relatively new, though i guess they've been around in seattle in one form or another for a while. worth checking out imo :)
  • Options
    3sheets wrote:
    i was at the Social as well and they put on a great, fun show. the sound mixing was excellent for that venue and the levels on the vocals were by far the best i've heard at that venue in quite some time. for an o-town crowd, they were really receptive. great atmosphere last night as well. it kind of felt like those old high school/college parties where everyone knows each other, is welcome and have a blast. and those guys really seemed to be enjoying their new-found success, which they should be. and they also played damn good for being a bit drunk.

loved the ron wood cover. and the last song was fun, something the opening band asked them to play (the one with the female lead singer), and it was nice and racous.

don't miss these guys, especially in a nice, small club.

i was amazed at how the crowd reacted to the band. orlando crowds are usually "too good" to really show that they're having a good time. it did seem like a big party. and the band was quite hilarious too. both opening bands were great as well. a great monday night :D
  • Options
    3sheets3sheets Posts: 284
    definitely a great Monday night. I actually got my Holiday single that day as well. An all around kick ass kind of day.

Did you happen to check out Deerhoof and Busdriver, IamSamPJ? That was pretty good too.

and you're correct about the o-town crowd. thankfully the show was full of people that wanted to be there. i don't know why orlando crowds are usually non-responsive. you'd think people who paid good $ to see a band would be excited to be there or at least seemingly into the show.

one thing i like about the Social is that you can go and talk w/ the band members if you want. most are pretty cool about it. it would be insane if PJ played a little warm-up gig there unannounced.
    Live Free or Die!
  • Options
    3sheets wrote:
    definitely a great Monday night. I actually got my Holiday single that day as well. An all around kick ass kind of day.

Did you happen to check out Deerhoof and Busdriver, IamSamPJ? That was pretty good too.

and you're correct about the o-town crowd. thankfully the show was full of people that wanted to be there. i don't know why orlando crowds are usually non-responsive. you'd think people who paid good $ to see a band would be excited to be there or at least seemingly into the show.

one thing i like about the Social is that you can go and talk w/ the band members if you want. most are pretty cool about it. it would be insane if PJ played a little warm-up gig there unannounced.

hey...i got my single on monday too!!! weird.

i didn't check out deerhoof...i've tried to get into them, but after playing their cd a few times at work i just really didn't like them!?! maybe i'll give it another spin.

i love that i always have the chance to thank the bands for coming. for such a long time, noone ever came to florida. i almost don't know what to do w/ my "concert" schedule these next couple months...seems like EVERYONE is coming. if you're not going already, you should check out cold war kids next wednesday!!! i'm predicting it to be twice as fun as band of horses...i'll be the drunk girl dancing up by the stage ;)