The NightWatchman Last Night

ACCBootlegGoddessACCBootlegGoddess Posts: 4,239
edited May 2007 in Other Music
Was AWESOME!!!!

I bought the cd yesterday and listened to half of it before heading down. I really like it. He kinda sounds like Johnny Cash. For those who don't know who this is...its Tom Morello of Rage and Audioslave's solo project. Its him, an accoutic guitar, and a mic.
I went into the concert not really sure what to expect and he didn't disappoint. He has a really good voice and is VERY entertaining. Even when he spoke to us, he was hilarious. an hour just wasn't long enough, but since he only has one album, what can u do right??
I can't wait to see him again. I'll link u all to pics when I get them back and uploaded. Hopefully on the weekend as I have no net access at home till Saturday.

After the show, when the place emptied out, Tom came out and was talking with EVERYONE, signing stuff and taking pics. He was sooo nice. I thanked him for my ticket to the show as I got mine for free from him as I was a member of the audiophiles (Audioslave official fan club). He was so gracious, shaking my hand and being all apologetic about what happened with Audioslave...it was soo sweet cause no apologies were needed. Shit happens you know. Everything happens for a reason and if they didn't break up, I wouldn't have met Chris Cornell last month or him last night. I got a pic with him too but haven't gotten it back yet as I'm still old school. No digital for me yet.

If you all get a chance to see him...DO IT!!!! Well worth the money.
"Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Thanks for writing - I was wondering how it went - I would have liked to have gone but with work this morning I couldn't. I'm thinking of going to NYC in June though. I have his CD and love it. I like The Road I must Travel, and the This house goes down in flames tracks.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    morello is the man, and i love him solo

but i am really looking forward to the new rage album!
  • toddiet123toddiet123 Posts: 271
    I am going to see him in Cambridge MA at the end of June...should be great. Thanks for this.
  • itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    LOVE the album, fucken awesome. really gets back to the nitty gritty protest songs of years ago. very steve earle. got a bit of a bill callahan (smog) voice too which is never a bad thing
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    Thanks for the review! :)

I'm glad to hear you had such a good time!
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&