Options

Anyone going to NIN show this weekend?

Brain Of EBrain Of E Posts: 499
edited August 2008 in Other Music
just curious.
Down in the hole, Jesus tries to crack a smile beneath another shovel load.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    Nope...29th in Philly
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • Options
    CServantCServant DCO Posts: 1,182
    Sept. 2nd at Red Rocks for me!
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
  • Options
    How does a NIN concert even work? Isn't NIN just a guy and a computer making noises?
    So this life is sacrifice...
    6/30/98 Minneapolis, 10/8/00 East Troy (Brrrr!), 6/16/03 St. Paul, 6/27/06 St. Paul
  • Options
    How does a NIN concert even work? Isn't NIN just a guy and a computer making noises?

LOL, you mean like that guy on the Police Academy movies that makes sound effects with his mouth?

But seriously, NIN is the brain child of one man, Trent Reznor. He comes up with all the music and lyrics, but he hires musicians to perform his compositions. So it's a full band (guitar, bass, drums, keyboard, vocals) performing with Trent.
  • Options
    hoopinmanhoopinman Posts: 294
    Ill be there on Saturday....Middle section lower prom about 10 rows up! YEAH!!!!!
  • Options
    DocChicagoDocChicago Posts: 653
    Dude?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tsk_0v77M9I&feature=related
    turn up your volume.
    It is time to admit that we used to rock like hurricanes. It is time to run for the hills and go round and round. It is time for us to shout at the devil. We've got the right to choose it, there ain't no way we'll lose it, and we're not gonna take it anymore.
    - C. Klosterman
  • Options
    doujodoujo Posts: 285
    excellent call on the wretched. NIN is one of the best live shows i have ever seen. saw them once on the fragile tour and 3 times on the with teeth tour. they are the fuckin shit. i was suppose to go to the worcester show but it got postponed. can't wait for november to finally see trent and company again.
  • Options
    zircona1zircona1 Posts: 293
    Seeing them Wednesday in St. Louis! Saw them on the With Teeth tour in St. Louis last time and it was awesome! Loud and at times beautiful with great visuals - probably the best show I saw that year.
    "As long as the music's loud enough, we won't hear the world falling apart."—Jubilee

"I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions." - George Carlin
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438

A hahahahahahah! Seriously guy, go pick up Beside You in Time, and/or And All That Could Have Been. Watch them, turned up LOUD. Sit close to the screen. If you want to see an amazing, unique, TRULY GIFTED artist, you must see NIN.

Back to the thread question - I saw them at Lolla, then Toronto 2 nights later, and have Philly planned for August 29th. I *wish* I was going this weekend. I can't say enough about the amazingness of the current production - the band is tight, Finck is back.

Check THIS out from Lolla 08. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iXNr7EzL9s&feature=related
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,005
    Brain Of E wrote:
    LOL, you mean like that guy on the Police Academy movies that makes sound effects with his mouth?
    hahahahaha
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    lephtylephty Posts: 770
    when he announced the tour dates, i was totally holding out on going to the NJ show because i assumed there would be an MSG one added... man was i totally wrong =(

they are amazing live.. like really amazing.. but i am a pretty big NIN fan. NIN is second to PJ in terms of used space on my ipod, but if NIN had official bootlegs, it would be a close contention
  • Options
    hoopinman wrote:
    Ill be there on Saturday....Middle section lower prom about 10 rows up! YEAH!!!!!

Cool! Another Houstonian here!! Or as a prefer to be called, a Houstoner.
    Anyway, I'll be on the floor at this show.
  • Options
    nosajh9nosajh9 Akron, Ohio Posts: 121
    cleveland 8/22
    9/22/96 Toledo, OH. 8/26/98 Cuyahoga Falls, OH. 8/21/00 Columbus, OH. 8/25/03 Cleveland, OH. 8/26/03 Pittsburgh, PA. 10/03/04 Grand Rapids, MI. 5/20/06 Cleveland, OH. 6/23/06 Pittsburgh, PA. 6/22/08 Washington, DC. 5/06/10 Columbus, OH. 5/09/10 Cleveland, OH. 10/11/13 Pittsburgh, PA.
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,939
    saw them in seattle a month ago and god damn. i agree with all the posts about talent and getting out to see NIN and it being one of the best live shows you will ever see. UNBELIEVABLY great. i was in awe of what i witnessed for at least 4 days. they push concert going to a whole new level. it was stupid how good it was. id go again in a heartbeat.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    tonight okc ford center five rows back. will try to smuggle in camera.
    I used to hate Pearl Jam but now I see the Light Years.
  • Options
    blacknapkinsblacknapkins Posts: 2,176
    This thread is funny.

NIN live is fantastic. Can't wait for the 29th.
    "Information is not knowledge.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best."
    ~ FZ ~
  • Options
    This thread is funny.

NIN live is fantastic. Can't wait for the 29th.

ME NEITHER!!!!! Thank God I have another NIN show. I may try to get to one of the rescheduled ones too. It will be something to look forward to in otherwise crappy November.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,432
    To me, NIN live is on the same level as PJ.

PJ is all about passion, but NIN is all about raw anger and overwhelming lights/video.

Saw them at Lolla, and gonna see them in L.A. on Sept 6.

They did a private dress rehearsal a few weeks back in L.A........I was gutted that I couldn't wrangle my way in!
  • Options
    New NIN dates for late October, November and December!!!!!
  • Options
    JaneNY wrote:
    New NIN dates for late October, November and December!!!!!

nothing in NY though=(

i was just listening to broken today...

SLAVE SCREAMS... HE HEARS BUT DOESN"T WANT TO LISTEN!
  • Options
    ^^^ There's Hamilton Ontario though, and Montreal.

(I love Broken - though I'll probably never watch that movie)
  • Options
    mdigenakismdigenakis Posts: 1,337
    Jersey!!!
    "Don't let the darkness eat you up..."

-Greg Dulli

• Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Goin to see the show in Ottawa!

Is it GA or Seated? I have the NIN.com membership.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    msujammermsujammer Posts: 173
    Just saw that they are playing in Montana at the end of November and beginning of December! I finally get to see them! I'm super excited!
    11/3/00 Boise 5/28/03 Missoula 6/15/03 Fargo 8/29/05 Missoula 9/4/05 Calgary 7/22/06 Gorge 7/23/06 The Gorge 7/18/08 9/21/09 Seattle 9/22/09 Seattle 5/3/10 Kansas City 9/3/11 Alpine Valley 9/4/11 Alpine Valley 9/30/12 Missoula
  • Options
    Just got home from the Houston show, it was BAAAADDDDAAAAAASSSSSS!!!!!!

Anyway, here's the setlist

letting you
    discipline
    march of the pigs
    head down
    the frail
    the wretched
    closer/only time
    gave up
    the warning
    vessel
    ghosts (3 songs)
    piggy
    the greater good
    pinion
    wish
    terrible lie
    the big come down
    the four of us are dying
    only
    head like a hole

---encore break

echoplex
    reptile
    god given
    hurt
    in this twilight
  • Options
    ^^^^ Thanks for that! People over on echoingthesound are saying it was an exceptional show. Reptile! One of the few times I wished I was back in my hometown. Were you in GA or reserved?
  • Options
    i was in GA at about center stage. the light show was spectacular when seeing it straight on. some friends who had seats on the side said they couldn't see everything from an angle. yea, when they started playing reptile, i nearly creamed my jeans.
  • Options
    mensanemensane Posts: 912
    ....damn...reptile.

sooo excited to see the added dates...at least 2 more for me.
  • Options
    that is an awesome setlist.. i am so jealous...

JaneNY... canada is waaaaay too far for me to go for a concert=p Wappingers Falls is considered "upstate ny" in nyc even though it's only an hour north... for some reason i am thinking your "upstate ny".. is really way the heck up there=p
  • Options
    lephty wrote:
    that is an awesome setlist.. i am so jealous...

JaneNY... canada is waaaaay too far for me to go for a concert=p Wappingers Falls is considered "upstate ny" in nyc even though it's only an hour north... for some reason i am thinking your "upstate ny".. is really way the heck up there=p

Yeah - I'm not too far from Alexandria Bay and the 1,000 islands! Practically in Canada. I go there for more shows than the U.S.