Radiohead Greatest Hits

Brain Of EBrain Of E Posts: 499
edited June 2008 in Other Music
Anyone gonna buy this? I'm not for two reasons 1. Radiohead didn't give permission and 2. I already have all the songs.
Down in the hole, Jesus tries to crack a smile beneath another shovel load.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    I probably would as I am a casual fan.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • Isn't there a DVD or something with it? Seems to me there was some incentive for people who had the whole catalog.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    no i'm not going to buy it but the tracklisting is actually very good i thought. covers most of the bases.
  • ClaudiaClaudia Posts: 398
    Brain Of E wrote:
    Anyone gonna buy this? I'm not for two reasons 1. Radiohead didn't give permission and 2. I already have all the songs.

Same here.
  • they've had hits other than Creep?
    You can't spell "dumb" without DMB
  • HushBullHushBull Posts: 996
    they've had hits other than Creep?
    Fake Plastic Trees, among other more cult like hits.
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"
  • thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    I won't get it. already have everythign
  • HushBull wrote:
    Fake Plastic Trees, among other more cult like hits.

i remember that High and Dry song getting some radio play too.

Still though, that's 2.

Are they huge in england?
  • Are they huge in england?

well i dont really have my finger on the pulse but i wouldnt say they're huge here, i mean i cant remember i heard a radiohead song on the radio or saw a video of theirs on the music channels. They do have big reputation with the media.
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755

Still though, that's 2.

Can't have a Radiohead w/o J2tR jumping in with his never ending hate for the greatest band on the planet...
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    well i dont really have my finger on the pulse but i wouldnt say they're huge here, i mean i cant remember i heard a radiohead song on the radio or saw a video of theirs on the music channels. They do have big reputation with the media.

huge in england? theyre RADIOHEAD!!! their reputation alone warrants a greatest hits. with or without their consent or approval. and besides the record company can basically do what they want with the songs they have rights to. hence that boxed set.

oh and no i wont be buying it cause i ahve them all already. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Can't have a Radiohead w/o J2tR jumping in with his never ending hate for the greatest band on the planet...

i made not one single comment about Sigur Ros thank you very much.
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    Sigur Ros is amazing and a top 5 band personally for me, but until they put out timeless album after timeless album like Radiohead---they will still be behind Radiohead
  • 1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,825
    Sigur Ros is amazing and a top 5 band personally for me, but until they put out timeless album after timeless album like Radiohead---they will still be behind Radiohead

Yeah.......they will be on my must-see list at Bonnaroo as well. However, I agree. I don't see four albums together from them even in the same neighborhood of equaling The Bends, OK Computer, Kid A, and In Rainbows.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • Blind MelonBlind Melon Posts: 911
    ( ) kills Radiohead.
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • hguz73hguz73 Posts: 245
    It would have been nice if there was a bonus disc or something along with it. Not worth it for me cause i got all the songs.
  • Brain Of EBrain Of E Posts: 499
    hguz73 wrote:
    It would have been nice if there was a bonus disc or something along with it. Not worth it for me cause i got all the songs.

i think it comes with a dvd of their videos, might be worth it just for that.
    Brain Of E wrote:
    i think it comes with a dvd of their videos, might be worth it just for that.

those sneaky bastards... that's not fair.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    Damn, that's fucking slick alright. Given the FACT that Radiohead makes sweet ass music videos, I might just buy the damn.

Classic videos: Paranoid Android, Karma Police, Knives Out, Fake Plastic Tree...
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • jwillmojwillmo Posts: 470
    No need to fret, you can buy the DVD separately. 21 videos on it, including all the stuff previously on 7 TV Commercials. I too have all the songs on the GH already, but I'll definitely be picking up the DVD.
  • ZAPPERZAPPER Posts: 246
    i think everything is packaged separately -

- CD ~$12
    - CD special edition ~$20
    - DVD ~$16
    - Vinyl ~ $69.99 msrp
    ..........hmmmmm

basically, they (bigwigs who own the rights to these songs) are trying to sell as much as possible. dont know if its true but i heard EMI got pissed about the whole free in rainbows thing and decided to release a whole bunch of stuff (old stuff that is) to make a whole bunch of dough, to kinda screw the band and to make up for $ loss because of in rainbows.

A lot of people are pissed about the selection of songs, and hard core fans are pissed about everything about it. I was thinking of getting the vinyl, saw it at amoeba for $75 - screw that! but as soon as i put it down, some girl came and scooped it up real fast, worker bee told me was already sold out everywhere and they only had a few to begin with. It seems whatever they want to charge, people will still eat it up - and it kinda sucks the band wont see a dime probably
    Previously known as Elzar
    jwillmo wrote:
    No need to fret, you can buy the DVD separately. 21 videos on it, including all the stuff previously on 7 TV Commercials. I too have all the songs on the GH already, but I'll definitely be picking up the DVD.

WOOHOO!!! doing the snoopy dance. :D:D
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • RonForchetteRonForchette Posts: 175
    Brain Of E wrote:

I felt the same way. I did grab a rapidshare link from someone and checked it out.

It's sure nice to make a Radiohead mix with it and have all the track a constant volume. It's sure nice to listen to tunes from 'Pablo Honey' and 'The Bends' in 2008 mastering/volume output levels.

That is the nice thing about this, at least every song 'sounds' consistant to the one before or after, reguardless of which ablum the tune is from.
    Alpine Valley '92
    Milwaukee 2 '95
    Alpine Valley '00
    Milwaukee 1 '06
  • prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    Tracklisting looks good for a beginner. I'm surprised to see Everything in Its Right Place on this. Love that song.
  • It's sure nice to listen to tunes from 'Pablo Honey' and 'The Bends' in 2008 mastering/volume output levels.

Are you kidding?
  • angryyoungmanangryyoungman Medford, NY Posts: 1,028
    im a casual fan so i might pick it up
    i have wished for so long, how i wish for you today
    JEFFREY ROSS ROGERS 1975-2002

9.10.98 NYC / 8.23.00 JONES BEACH /4.30.03 UNIONDALE / 7.9.03 NYC /5.12.06 ALBANY/ 6.1.06 E.RUTHEFORD/ 6.3.06 E. RUTHEFORD/ CAMDEN 6.19.08/ NYC 6.24.08/ NYC 6.25.08/ HARTFORD 6.27.08/ CHICAGO 8.24.09/ PHILLY 10.31.09/ HARTFORD 5.15.10/ NEWARK 5.18.10/ NYC 5.20.10/ CHICAGO 7.19.13/ BROOKLYN 10.18.13/ BROOKLYN 10.19.13/ HARTFORD 10.25.13/ NYC 9.26.15/ 4.8.16 FT. LAUDERDALE/ 4.9.16 MIAMI / 5.1.16 NYC/ 5.2.16 NYC / 8.5.16 BOSTON / 8.7.16 BOSTON/ 8.20.18 CHICAGO/ 9.2.18 BOSTON/ 9.4.18 BOSTON/ 9.18.21 ASBURY PARK

finally, FUCK TICKETMASTER
  • ComfisComfis Posts: 117
    if i am not wrong we have:

- a double CD edition
    - a single cd edition
    - a DVD edition

here are a few Radiohead Best Of reviews
    My choice for Radiohead News is InRadiobows.com
  • Brain Of EBrain Of E Posts: 499
    Brain Of E wrote:

Ok, so i broke down and bought the DVD. Anyway i think it's funny how in the credits for every song it says "The copyright in this audiovisual recording is owned by EMI Records LTD." I guess in case any one wants to give them grief about it not being authorized by Radiohead.
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170

Still though, that's 2.

Yes.

Creep, Fake Plastic Trees, High and Dry, Street Spirit, Karma Police, No Surprises, Airbag. All successful singles.

One of the few bands of the last 20 years to have both massive and almost universal critical acclaim as well as commercial success.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Brain Of E wrote:

this is the great thing that people on this board don't seem to understand at all. especially with pearl jam. in this case radiohead.

radiohead doesn't own the masters to ANY of their recordings with parlaphone. the band doesn't need to give permission.

someday epic will go ape shit with pearl jam reissues and greatest hits. pearl jam won't be able to do shit about it.