Options

Scars on Broadway

Brain Of EBrain Of E Posts: 499
edited August 2008 in Other Music
I bought this CD yesterday and well it's not that great. i liked this dude's stuff on System, but here the songs just seem like ideas for System songs. Did anyone else pick this up?
Down in the hole, Jesus tries to crack a smile beneath another shovel load.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    OutOfBreathOutOfBreath Posts: 1,804
    I just listened to the first track they put on myspace. And after relistening to it one more time, I had to admit it wasn't good at all. And I was looking forward to this. But if the album is in that vein, I won't pick it up. (but i think I'll dl it tonight just to see)

Now why dont they get together doing system again? that's what they do good, after all....

Peace
    Dan
    "YOU [humans] NEED TO BELIEVE IN THINGS THAT AREN'T TRUE. HOW ELSE CAN THEY BECOME?" - Death

"Every judgment teeters on the brink of error. To claim absolute knowledge is to become monstrous. Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty." - Frank Herbert, Dune, 1965
  • Options
    Brain Of EBrain Of E Posts: 499
    Now why dont they get together doing system again? that's what they do good, after all....

Yea, they're on a break, they said that they'll get back together in like five years or something. Did you ever listen to the Serj Tankian solo album? That one was a lot better than Scars on Broadway.
    Down in the hole, Jesus tries to crack a smile beneath another shovel load.
  • Options
    OutOfBreathOutOfBreath Posts: 1,804
    Listened through it 2 times now, and it's better than that 1 song would suggest. The songs are a bit on/off though. But it's definitely better than Serj's solo-album, which I found (heh) predictable and mainstreamed straight forward. I was hoping for something far more off the wall, creative and eclectic from the gentleman.

As for the scars-album, I'll listen to it some more, but so far it hasn't grabbed me. Sounds largely ok though (with some exceptions).

Peace
    Dan
    "YOU [humans] NEED TO BELIEVE IN THINGS THAT AREN'T TRUE. HOW ELSE CAN THEY BECOME?" - Death

"Every judgment teeters on the brink of error. To claim absolute knowledge is to become monstrous. Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty." - Frank Herbert, Dune, 1965
  • Options
    just picked this up, so far I like it more then the Serj album.
    Montreal 08/20/98 | New York 09/11/98 | Wantagh 08/24/00 | Montreal 10/04/00 | Montreal 06/29/03 | Montreal 09/15/05
    Toronto 05/10/06 | Vancouver 04/02//08 (Ed) | Manchester 06/14/08 | Montreal 08/09/08 (Ed) | Montreal 08/10/08 (Ed) 
    Albany 06/08/09 (Ed) | Philadelphia 10/31/09 | Montreal 09/07/11 | Ottawa 05/08/16 | Brooklyn 04/07/17 (RRHOF)
    Dana Point 09/09/17 (Ed) | Rome 06/26/18