Blind Melon

BrezBrez Posts: 570
edited February 2007 in Other Music
I've heard their name thrown around a lot on this board. And I was thinkin about checkin them out, and was wondering if anybody had any specific cd's in mid that are really good.

Thanks
And before his first step... He's off again...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    they have 3... nico, soup, and self-titled. they're all amazing.
  • BrezBrez Posts: 570
    they have 3... nico, soup, and self-titled. they're all amazing.

Thanks... I'm gonna go hit those up :D
    And before his first step... He's off again...
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    wait for the new one.
  • Gotta be fuckin kiddin' me right???!!!!!!!!!!!
    dean stirk
  • soup... check out mouthful of cavities
    looking for 2 to Columbia...

***GOT EM***
  • bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    brain of c wrote:
    wait for the new one.

No.

As much as I bet the new ones going to own, it's not going to be ANYTHING like it was with Shannon Hoon. So, I think you just need to basically pick up all three albums. Self Titled, Soup and Nico.
  • get self titled first. i just got the woodstock 94 dvd of blind melon. he was very messed up for that performance.

i heart blind melon. amazing band. top 100 all time. maybe top 50
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • surfponce wrote:
    Gotta be fuckin kiddin' me right???!!!!!!!!!!!

he/she is only 18. let it slide this time
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • they have 3... nico, soup, and self-titled. they're all amazing.
    Listen chronilogically.

Self titled is amazing.. Soup is even better.. Nico is one of the best b-sides compilations ever put out.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • bovy_j wrote:
    No.

As much as I bet the new ones going to own, it's not going to be ANYTHING like it was with Shannon Hoon. So, I think you just need to basically pick up all three albums. Self Titled, Soup and Nico.
    Yeah, the band is fantastic so I'm sure it will be a great record, but without Shannon.. ? :(

"Make our day"
  • Shannon Hoon was great!! I still remember him on the roof of Capital W/ Axl, so just go buy the DVD!!!!
    dean stirk
  • Listen chronilogically.

Self titled is amazing.. Soup is even better.. Nico is one of the best b-sides compilations ever put out.

Exactly the thoughts in my head.

All three in are great, you might get into the first one more at first but Soup is one of my favorite albums from anyone of all time.
    "She knows there is no success like failure
    And that failure's no success at all."

"Don't ya think its sometimes wise not to grow up."

"Cause life ain't nothing but a good groove
    A good mixed tape to put you in the right mood."
  • PJ-SinPJ-Sin Posts: 348
    It doesnt matter, they are all AWESOME!!!!
  • NICO!!!
    "I Will Scream my Lungs out 'til it fills this Room "

" I Will Feel Alive as Long as I am Free"

"Are We Getting SomeThing Out Of this All Encompassing Trip? Makes Much More Sense To Live In The Present Tense"

www.myspace.com/ehoff12982
  • Atomic PunkAtomic Punk Posts: 2,941
    get self titled first. i just got the woodstock 94 dvd of blind melon. he was very messed up for that performance.

i heart blind melon. amazing band. top 100 all time. maybe top 50

I was at Woodstock '94 and I thought Blind Melon was bad. I had seen them 4 days earlier at the Stone Pony in NJ and they were fuckin incredible! What a difference 4 days made. Wish I could have seen them more, but then again, I am glad I got a chance in the first place.
  • I was at Woodstock '94 and I thought Blind Melon was bad. I had seen them 4 days earlier at the Stone Pony in NJ and they were fuckin incredible! What a difference 4 days made. Wish I could have seen them more, but then again, I am glad I got a chance in the first place.
    "soup" from that performance was magnificant. That's all I've heard from it, but it was very good..

"Make our day"
  • LiftedLifted Posts: 1,836
    I was at Woodstock '94 and I thought Blind Melon was bad. I had seen them 4 days earlier at the Stone Pony in NJ and they were fuckin incredible! What a difference 4 days made. Wish I could have seen them more, but then again, I am glad I got a chance in the first place.

yeah well when your on an acid trip it might have hinder your performance a bit.......but anyway blind melon is one of the most underrated bands and you should own all three of their albums. all great
  • http://www.megaupload.com/?d=55JQYOZK

thought i would put this up, it's an old demo, not sure when it was recorded, so if you have yet to hear this gem give it a listen

mother
    looking for 2 to Columbia...

***GOT EM***