Ace Iz God

fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
edited December 2006 in Other Music
This is the thread where you discuss how awesome ACE FREHLEY is.

Don't say bad shit about ACE. Remember, Mikey likes him!
Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    fanch75 wrote:

so?

That counts for nothing
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • dan_vedderdan_vedder Posts: 213
    dam i thought this thread would be about ace ventura, pet detective
    Ten Club member 363***

7/11/06, 8/11/06, 18/11/06

escape is never the safest plan...
  • PissBottleManPissBottleMan Posts: 4,154
    I think I'm one of the only other openly honest Kiss Fans on this board.

Been to 3 shows.

It's mind-numbing rock...you go on auto-pilot for a couple of hours.

Rock Bottom is flippin' great.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    of course he means ace from kiss and not ace from american idol!
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • brhf9brhf9 Posts: 1,475
    all i can say is that in college i had a friend who looked just like him.

and he was a kiss fan...
    'Go easy, step lightly, stay free!'

You have been banned for the following reason:
    inappropriate post.

'Too many people on this earth. We need a new plague.' - Dwight Schrute
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153

Been to 3 shows.

It's mind-numbing rock...you go on auto-pilot for a couple of hours.

Rock Bottom is flippin' great.

PBM

well we have so many old ppl on here, you'd think there'd be more! I wasn't into kiss in high school (seventies!) like some ppl were....yes I'm old, I'm the same age as they are on That Seventies show.
    I like a couple of their songs.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • uninnocentuninnocent Posts: 1,565
    ace is god
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    I dig Ace. His use of double stops and unison bends are classic. A shame he became so self destructive in his prime.

I remember a story during the first makeup reunion (awesome show BTW...these guys are true entertainers). He waked into Manny's music, and hanging up on the wall was one of his original bursts that he had sold there in the late '70s/early '80s for like 300 bucks. They wanted to sell it back to him for something like $150k! He walked out in disgust...lol.

He said that he sold a bunch of them (I don't remember the count, but think it was between 10 and 12) after he was kicked out of Kiss. I bet he's kicking himself now. In theory, he could have been sitting on a few million worth of LP's today, as original 50's and 60's instruments are going for at least $175k these days...and that's in really bad shape.
  • iluvcats wrote:
    of course he means ace from kiss and not ace from american idol!

LOL, sadly I opened this cuz I was wondering if it was going to be some girl going gaga over him. His "falsetto" bugs me. lol.
    "Oh, a flower you are to my land..."
  • Ace is good, but I always liked Bruce Kulick better.
    If you're headed to the grave,
    you don't blame the hearse.

07/09/03, 05/05/06, 06/01/06, 06/03/06
  • PissBottleManPissBottleMan Posts: 4,154
    Ace is good, but I always liked Bruce Kulick better.

Rarely do you see a lot of love for Bruce Kulick. He seems like a really nice guy.

Last time I heard, he was out touring with Grand Funk Railroad.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

• acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    Nov 17, 1994 - Boardwalk in Sacto, CA. He opened after like 5 local bands at prolly 1 am with Detroit Rock City and I've never been the same since....

Best show I ever freaking saw.

Seen KISS a few times but started with Vinnie Vincent on the 20th Anniversary tour I think? Just missed Ace....

Just saw that he jammed RITFW with PJ 10-1-05?
    Gonna hafta buy that....

Man Ace Frehley just hit me at the right age, total space nut, just getting into music and f'n a ... here's this spaceman les paul weilding GOD!

First album I ever bought - KISS ALIVE II.
    [sic] happens
  • i love ace frehley! kiss rocked :D nothing like dustin off the LP's and rocking out to a bit of scratched kiss
  • Atomic PunkAtomic Punk Posts: 2,941
    Rock Soldiers! My favorite Ace Frehley song.....
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    he didn't play on many of the songs on the albums, gene used studio players.
  • fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    I need to listen to his 1978 solo album now. Seeing this thread pop up was a surprise blast from the past!
    brain of c wrote:
    he didn't play on many of the songs on the albums, gene used studio players.

This is true for:

Sweet Pain (Destroyer)
    All American Man (Alive II studio side)
    Larger Than Life (Alive II studio side)
    Any Way You Want It (Alive II studio side)
    Rockin' in the USA (Alive II studio side)
    and most of The Elder

Ace had a habit of not showing up sometimes. That's kinda rock and roll, though.
  • dirtdirt Posts: 398
    If he played on Creatues of the Night, then yeah, Ace is God. I freaking love Creatures...I think I am the only one.
    drive less - RIDE MORE!
    dirt wrote:
    If he played on Creatues of the Night, then yeah, Ace is God. I freaking love Creatures...I think I am the only one.

That album is awesome. However, that is Vinnie Vincent on lead guitar, his first with the band.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,688

Been to 3 shows.
    My memory is a tad fuzzy, but I believe I've seen Kiss 9 times (it might be 10, I need to check my stubs).
    Seen them with and without makeup, with Ace, with Bruce and with Tommy Thayer in Ace's makeup (a travesty, get him his own makeup), with Peter, with Eric Singer and one show with the late great Eric Carr.
    Even saw one show in a club (Avalon in Boston, May 1992 ), twas a great show.
    Always give you your money's worth.

I have a blue Ace guitar pick I got on the farewell tour, one of if not the coolest looking picks I have ever caught at any show.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • I thought this thread was ironic since I just popped in "Dressed To Kill" randomly before logging on to the pit!

Fave (early) Ace highlights: "Got To Choose," "Strange Ways" & "Love Her All I Can."

Thank God I grew up during the first incarnation of glam-metal.
    "Hello Oregonians. Hello Washingtonians. Hello Portland..where the fuck are we? We're in Ridgefield!"
  • he's no jimmy page but he's alright when he's sober
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • fanch75 wrote:
    This is the thread where you discuss how awesome ACE FREHLEY is.

Frehley's Comet rules!
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-
    ACE Iz God. I'm listening to his "Trouble Walkin'" opus, and it's awesome. You should be, too.
  • Did you ever get the "Tribute to Ace Frehley" cd that came out about 10 years ago?

Snake Sabo, Scott Ian, Dimebag and a few others are on there.

I got it, but haven't listened to it in a while.

PBM

Did you ever get the "Tribute to Ace Frehley" cd that came out about 10 years ago?

Snake Sabo, Scott Ian, Dimebag and a few others are on there.

I got it, but haven't listened to it in a while.

PBM

You're referring to "Spacewalk." That is an entertaining CD. I'm not a huge fan of tribute albums, but that is a good one. I liked "Return of the Comet" better, as far as an Ace Frehley tribute.
  • MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    Ace is DEFINITELY a GOD!! :D

Seriously, one of the BEST guitar players out there. My older brother and I grew up listening to KISS and we both dug Ace's guitar styles. did you guys ever see a show on PBS that was called 3-2-1 Contact? They did a segment on KISS and all I remember about that was Ace launching a rocket from his guitar. ANYONE who does that is COOL in my book! :cool:

My brother and I were lucky enough to see KISS once, on their first of many 'farewell' tours. to see Ace and Peter on the stage with them was AMAZING!! So glad that I got to see them. :) I heard that Ace came out and played with a KISS tribute band at VH1 Rock Honors. Ace is TOTALLY da shit!! :D
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn