The "Ratt RULZ" thread

fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
edited July 2007 in Other Music
This is the thread where you post about how much the rock band RATT rulz.

With Pearcy & co on tour this year, I got to check them out twice and they kicked ass with a great setlist filled with classics and some obscure stuff.

Consider the setlist played at Cleveland's awesome Blossom Music Center this summer, opening for Poison:

1. 'I'm Insane'
2. 'Sweet Cheater'
3. 'Wanted Man'
4. 'Back For More'
5. 'Closer To My Heart'
6. 'Drive Me Crazy'
7. 'Slip Of The Lip'
8. 'Lay It Down'
9. 'You're In Love'
10. 'Dangerous But Worth The Risk'
11. 'Body Talk'
12. 'Way Cool Jr.'
13. 'Lack Of Communication'
14. 'Round And Round'

That's what I'm talking about! New album of new material coming, as well as a retrospective DVD. Kick ass.

And, I just ordered "Out of the Cellar" from deepdiscount.com

Good summer tunes.
Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    You are one funny bastard!
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Atomic PunkAtomic Punk Posts: 2,941
    Bro, whenever Ratt comes on the satellite I always turn it up. They have some kick ass tunes for sure. I may have to spin Invasion of Your Privacy when I get home tonight....
    By the way....I have seen them in concert when I was 16. Which was 20 years ago. HOLY CRAP! 20 YEARS AGO?!?!?! WHERE THE HELL DID MY LIFE GO?
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,710
    Ratt n Roll baby.

Ratt was the first show I snuck a camera into back in 1987, a Kodak disc camera (anyone remember those?), got a great shot of DeMartini in a spotlight playing a solo. Ah the good ole 80's
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Stephen "Never Miss A Party" Piercy.

• RushlimboRushlimbo Posts: 832
    I saw them in the 80's and friggin Bon Jovi opened up for them.
    War is Peace
    Freedom is Slavery
    Ignorance is Strength
  • dirtdirt Posts: 398
    Rushlimbo wrote:
    I saw them in the 80's and friggin Bon Jovi opened up for them.

Yes -- That was Invasion of Your Privacy tour. Bon Jovi was doing 7800 Farenheight support. Don't forget Mamma's Boyz came on before Bon Jovi! haha

I would love to score Ratt's first ep on CD -- is it even availible anymore? There is some great stuff on that -- rock to punk to metal for sure.
    drive less - RIDE MORE!
  • PissBottleManPissBottleMan Posts: 4,154
    Pearcy was suppose to play a solo show at our Summer Festival last year...he bailed the week of the show...we got Firehouse instead.

:(

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • DocChicagoDocChicago Posts: 653
    I shit you not - I was listening to Dancing Undercover earlier this afternoon.

That's a hell of a setlist, Fanch. They worked the first two albums pretty hard. It seems they've fallen out of love with the Detonator album, even though they tried to put half of that album onto their greatest hits.

I really should go see these guys. I missed my chance when I was in 8th grade.
    It is time to admit that we used to rock like hurricanes. It is time to run for the hills and go round and round. It is time for us to shout at the devil. We've got the right to choose it, there ain't no way we'll lose it, and we're not gonna take it anymore.
    - C. Klosterman
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    Round and Round was an MTV staple. It sticks in my head as one of the early big videos on MTV. All the white kids loved it. I haven't listened to them in years.

Does Cinderella get any more props than RATT? Just curious.
  • Strangest TribeStrangest Tribe Posts: 2,502
    I farted this afternoon and we all commented that it sounded like a Ratt song.
    the Minions
  • DocChicagoDocChicago Posts: 653
    Creative and funny. Thanks for the input.
    It is time to admit that we used to rock like hurricanes. It is time to run for the hills and go round and round. It is time for us to shout at the devil. We've got the right to choose it, there ain't no way we'll lose it, and we're not gonna take it anymore.
    - C. Klosterman
  • HaijayHaijay Posts: 381
    ratt were great. best song they did," you're in love". that rocks
  • fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    I farted this afternoon and we all commented that it sounded like a Ratt song.

Go listen to some art rock (the kind "no one has ever heard of") and tell us all about how smart you are for it.
    DocChicago wrote:
    I shit you not - I was listening to Dancing Undercover earlier this afternoon.

That's a hell of a setlist, Fanch. They worked the first two albums pretty hard. It seems they've fallen out of love with the Detonator album, even though they tried to put half of that album onto their greatest hits.

I really should go see these guys. I missed my chance when I was in 8th grade.

What's up Doc?

It was a crazy show, man. Stephen singing, Warren playing, it was great. They're working on new material and a DVD is going to be released this year as well. RATT is great, good stuff.

I got "Out of the Cellar" in the mail yesteray. What an album, fuck.
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    I spent like an hour watching old RATT footage on youtube just last week. They rock. I hope they make their way up here.
    The sun is higher in the sky, the weather is warming, and it's time to pull out some Ratt.
  • fanch75 wrote:
    This is the thread where you post about how much the rock band RATT rulz.

With Pearcy & co on tour this year, I got to check them out twice and they kicked ass with a great setlist filled with classics and some obscure stuff.

Consider the setlist played at Cleveland's awesome Blossom Music Center this summer, opening for Poison:

1. 'I'm Insane'
    2. 'Sweet Cheater'
    3. 'Wanted Man'
    4. 'Back For More'
    5. 'Closer To My Heart'
    6. 'Drive Me Crazy'
    7. 'Slip Of The Lip'
    8. 'Lay It Down'
    9. 'You're In Love'
    10. 'Dangerous But Worth The Risk'
    11. 'Body Talk'
    12. 'Way Cool Jr.'
    13. 'Lack Of Communication'
    14. 'Round And Round'

That's what I'm talking about! New album of new material coming, as well as a retrospective DVD. Kick ass.

And, I just ordered "Out of the Cellar" from deepdiscount.com

Good summer tunes.

kidding or not, I first heard rat back for more in weird science, great fucking band, Arcade is also a great band pearcy is in. I saw this group open for dio back in like 85.
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
    I remember Arcade. They had a tune that was great from what I can remember but I remember nothing else about them. They came out a bit late, I guess. Stephen Pearcy said about 10 years later that if Arcade had came out in the 80's, they would have been one ofthe biggest bands of the era.
  • fanch75 wrote:
    I remember Arcade. They had a tune that was great from what I can remember but I remember nothing else about them. They came out a bit late, I guess. Stephen Pearcy said about 10 years later that if Arcade had came out in the 80's, they would have been one ofthe biggest bands of the era.
    if you want I can burn you a copy and send it your way

gotta bring up the milton burrough videos
    they were great
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows