Options

ANTHRAX to cover BRAIN OF J on their new album!

JerkoffJerkoff Posts: 28
edited November 2008 in The Porch
This will be fantastic. One of my favourite bands since 1984, covering my favourite band since 1991. Anthrax is also maybe the only band who does covers better than Pearl Jam.

http://www.bravewords.com/news/99220

ANTHRAX To Begin Recording Worship Music On November 4th
Posted on Monday, October 20, 2008 at 15:11:19 EST

ANTHRAX drummer Charlie Benante checks in with the following:

"I am here for an update.

Here is what I know... we have 13 brand new Anthrax songs, we have 4 (maybe 5) b-sides. The b-sides will be 'Brain Of J' (PEARL JAM), 'Big Eyes' (CHEAP TRICK), 'New Noise' (THE REFUSED), 'Running Down A Dream' (TOM PETTY) and maybe an ANVIL cover - 'Jackhammer'?? Or maybe an ALICE COOPER cover - 'We Die Young'?

The new tunes are very strong. We have some old school thrash and some stuff that is like W.C.F.Y.A. meets S.O.W.N. This record is not forced - it is a very organic and honest representation of where we are as a band and as writers.

I hear many things nowadays that sound forced, I ain't digging that. There is a 6-minute tune called 'Down Goes The Sun', I believe it is one of my favorite songs. The music itself is epic, it sends chills up my spine. 'Face with No Name', 'The Devil You Know', 'Earth On Hell' - all killer.

Worship Music should be out in May.

We enter the studio on November 4th, the day that change comes, hahahahahahahahaha!

GO VOTE!!

Take this Country back from these thieves that put us in this situation.

Anyone selling a black hybrid Escalade? I want one!

Love to all,

Charlie."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    CitizenRickCitizenRick Posts: 1,079
    Awesome!

Interesting pick.
    "Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse...of my innocense, got back my inner sence, baby got it...still got it"
  • Options
    AnthonyD1987AnthonyD1987 Boston, MA Posts: 347
    That should be interesting. I can't wait to hear it.
    492xxx

2006: Boston 1 and 2
    2008: MSG 1 and 2, Mansfield 1 and 2
    2010: Boston
    2012: Made in America Philly
  • Options
    Ohh wow!! One of my best friends is a HUGE Anthrax fan.

I soo gotta call him tomorrow and talk to him about this. I can't wait to hear this cover!
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    Mel: Have you ever heard Anthrax's cover of "Exit" by U2?
  • Options
    Jerkoff wrote:
    Mel: Have you ever heard Anthrax's cover of "Exit" by U2?

Umm not that I recall no. Can you link me??

Btw how u been? You still in Mexico??
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    Gimme 10 minutes or so, I'll upload it.

Yeah, still in Mexico, almost two and a half years now. I enjoyed a 29-degree day today (well, every day), and picked some oranges and limes off the tree in the backyard and made some fresh juice.
  • Options
    Jerkoff wrote:

Yeah, still in Mexico, almost two and a half years now. I enjoyed a 29-degree day today (well, every day), and picked some oranges and limes off the tree in the backyard and made some fresh juice.

Sweet thanks :)

Wow its been two and a half years??? Holy shit time flies!!!
    oh and u can shut up about the 29 degrees! lol. Its been mild but pissing rain for the last 2 days here.
  • Options
    Anthrax - Exit (b-side from 2003's We've Come For You All) :

http://www.sendspace.com/file/w3u4uj

Like I said, they do great covers by a wide range of bands, usually as b-sides. They've also done "The Bends" (Radiohead), "Next To You" (The Police), "London" (The Smiths), and several KISS songs. One of my favourite bands for fuckin' ages.
  • Options
    Jerkoff wrote:
    Anthrax - Exit (b-side from 2003's We've Come For You All) :

http://www.sendspace.com/file/w3u4uj

Like I said, they do great covers by a wide range of bands, usually as b-sides. They've also done "The Bends" (Radiohead), "Next To You" (The Police), "London" (The Smiths), and several KISS songs. One of my favourite bands for fuckin' ages.

Thanks!
    Wow this is a rockin cover!!!!! I like it!!

I remember that you are a huge Kiss freak. This makes me even more psyched for Brain of J.
  • Options
    Anthrax is NY at its best!
    10/22/00 LV, 10/24/00 LA, 10/20/01 SF, 10/21/01 AF, 12/8/02 SEA, 12/9/02 SEA, 6/3/03 Irvine, 7/9/03 MSG, 9/1/05 Gorge, 6/3/06 NJ, 7/9/06 LA, 7/10/06 LA, 7/12/06 The Fonda, 7/13/06 SB, 7/22/06 Gorge, 7/23/06 Gorge, 10/21/06 SF, 10/22/06 SF, 12/2/06 HAW, 12/9/06 HAW, 4/10/08 SB, 4/12/08 LA, 4/15/08 SD
  • Options
    my_wavemy_wave clearwater, FL Posts: 340
    finally! a band, in my opinion anyways, actually worthy of covering a pearl jam song... and they picked a kick ass song to cover too, fucking sweet!!!!! can't wait to hear it.....
    st. pete '94
    west palm beach '98
    tampa '00
    tampa '03
    tampa '08
    brooklyn '13
    austin '14
    austin '14
    tampa '16

ed - clearwater '12
    ed - clearwater '12
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    hmm anthrax doing refused's new noise. id like to hear that.
    i can hear them doing brain of j. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Thorns2010Thorns2010 Posts: 2,199
    Jerkoff wrote:

29 degrees?? Man it must be cold!!! ;)
  • Options
    Awesome; I bet their cover of Petty's RDOD will be great too. One of the best covers of all time is Anthrax doing Black Sabbath's Sabbath Bloody Sabbath.
  • Options
    jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    I loved Anthrax so much way back in the day :D...It's a Madhouse, and all that. Be interesting to hear them doing PJ, tho they have a different singer these days I hear.
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • Options
    dannydanny Posts: 2,274
    Jerkoff wrote:
    This will be fantastic. One of my favourite bands since 1984, covering my favourite band since 1991. Anthrax is also maybe the only band who does covers better than Pearl Jam.

http://www.bravewords.com/news/99220

ANTHRAX To Begin Recording Worship Music On November 4th
    Posted on Monday, October 20, 2008 at 15:11:19 EST

ANTHRAX drummer Charlie Benante checks in with the following:

"I am here for an update.

Here is what I know... we have 13 brand new Anthrax songs, we have 4 (maybe 5) b-sides. The b-sides will be 'Brain Of J' (PEARL JAM), 'Big Eyes' (CHEAP TRICK), 'New Noise' (THE REFUSED), 'Running Down A Dream' (TOM PETTY) and maybe an ANVIL cover - 'Jackhammer'?? Or maybe an ALICE COOPER cover - 'We Die Young'?

The new tunes are very strong. We have some old school thrash and some stuff that is like W.C.F.Y.A. meets S.O.W.N. This record is not forced - it is a very organic and honest representation of where we are as a band and as writers.

I hear many things nowadays that sound forced, I ain't digging that. There is a 6-minute tune called 'Down Goes The Sun', I believe it is one of my favorite songs. The music itself is epic, it sends chills up my spine. 'Face with No Name', 'The Devil You Know', 'Earth On Hell' - all killer.

Worship Music should be out in May.

We enter the studio on November 4th, the day that change comes, hahahahahahahahaha!

GO VOTE!!

Take this Country back from these thieves that put us in this situation.

Anyone selling a black hybrid Escalade? I want one!

Love to all,

Charlie."

interesting!cool!
    danny d
  • Options
    THAT is fucking weird. Cant wait o hear it.
  • Options
    itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    great choice

"The whole world will be different soon, the whole world will be relieved"
    ....indeed.
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • Options
    I remember that you are a huge Kiss freak.

Ha, good memory! Not so much these days -- or in the last 10 years or so -- but I got my first KISS album in 1975, so I'll always have a soft spot for their old stuff.
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    Jerkoff wrote:
    ALICE COOPER cover - 'We Die Young'?

[/b]

Does he mean AIC??

I am gonna track some of these down. Any band that covers such an obscure PJ song, deserves a listen, in my book.
  • Options
    DewieCox wrote:
    Does he mean AIC??

I am gonna track some of these down.

Yeah, I assume he had a brain fart and meant Alice In Chains.

Here is a decent site listing most of Anthrax' covers. It's not complete, but it's pretty close.

http://www.nolifetilmetal.com/anthrax_eps.htm