Options

Remember Dimebag....

AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
edited December 2005 in Other Music
amazing how fast time flies..it's gonna be a year since Dimebag Darrell left us tragically.

RIP Dimebag..you will never be forgotten.
LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
YNWA
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Who?

I'm kidding of course
    "I'm a thief, and I dig it"
  • Options
    a new interview with Vinnie regarding upcoming releases and etc
    http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1517639/20051207/dimebag_darrell.jhtml?headlines=true
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
  • Options
    also..

A brand-new photo of "Dimebag" Darrell Abbott's final resting place at the Moore Memorial Gardens cemetery in Arlington, Texas has been posted online at RideForDime.com. Dimebag was buried next to his mother, Carolyn Abbott, who passed away in 1999.

As previously reported, KISS donated a "Kiss Kasket" to Dimebag's family for the guitarist to be buried in. The coffin features the faces of the four founding members of KISS, the KISS logo and the words "Kiss Forever".

Darrell was a huge KISS fan and even had a tattoo of original KISS guitarist Ace Frehley on his chest. In addition, Darrell had Frehley autograph it and had that tattooed to his body as well.

KISS bassist Gene Simmons announced he was giving the family the coffin during an appearance on Fox News' "The Big Story Weekend Edition with Rita Cosby" a couple of days after Dimebag's death. Simmons told Cosby, "Well, I wasn't really prepared to talk about it, but the family requested, as a personal issue between the family and the grieving people who are going to be there, to send a Kiss Kasket. We initially did it as a promotion. And you know, I think it meant a lot to Darrell when, you know — when he was alive, he gave lots of people great joy. I mean he had the band tattooed onto his chest. He was a major figure in rock and roll. He's going to be greatly missed. And the family wish — you know the one last wish they had was that he be buried in a Kiss Kasket. And I think it's a private matter for the family and the fans actually."

http://www.ridefordime.com/pics/gravesite/PB270016.JPG

YNWA
  • Options
    ive started a bit of a tradition for marking this day, after dime was killed last year i played "floods"of t.g.s.t.k and i have just played it again today and just sat in quiet contemplation marvelling at the great way dime had of expressing himself through the guitar.

i know dime is gone but for some reason the riff that he plays at the end of the song gives me some hope and makes me smile and remember him. RIP Dime.
    "I wish I was Australian at home under the sun" Eddie- Perth 03
  • Options
    dreadhead wrote:
    ive started a bit of a tradition for marking this day, after dime was killed last year i played "floods"of t.g.s.t.k and i have just played it again today and just sat in quiet contemplation marvelling at the great way dime had of expressing himself through the guitar.

i know dime is gone but for some reason the riff that he plays at the end of the song gives me some hope and makes me smile and remember him. RIP Dime.
    lol me too
    cept i play listen to Hollow first then put on Floods...the outro of Floods just gives me the chills...

YNWA
  • Options
    VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    :(

GRRR! This just makes me SO sick and SO angry all at once. It's still hard to believe and will never make sense...much like the legend Lennon indeed.

{{RIP DIMEBAG}}

What fierce talent! Thanks for all you gave. The man has seriously rocked many lives and will continue to do so for years to come. Such a bad ass and at the same time just seemed like SUCH a cool man.

I'll definitely be mixing it up between Lennon and Pantera today. Quite the mix. ;)

Your greatness forever lives on DIMEBAG. Gone but never forgotten.
    \m/
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • Options
    My Main Man!
  • Options
    Lost_ClayLost_Clay Posts: 1,085
    I was lucky enough to catch him live twice, ill never forget the night i got home last year and saw the thread in this forum, what a horrible feeling that was

rest in peace bro
    "ah fuck it get in trouble"

06/29/03 09/22/05 09/24/05 09/25/05 05/09/06 05/10/06
  • Options
    I can't believe it has been a year either! What a great musician taken too early. Riff in Peace Dimebag! You will always live through your music!
    We need Pearl Jam in Atlanta!!! 2006-2007

The dirty south needs a fix.
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    Rip Dimebag

Rip....
  • Options
    Dimebag is not dead he will never die, first and foremost 'cause he's music will live forever, he is still living in the hearts and ears of millions of fans and allways will and evry time i play guitar i feel like he's right there instructing me and i bet a lot of kids feel the same way too like he is our teacher! what a dude, so down to earth, so friendly and cool with people, he shared so much of himself with the fans and allways gave his all as a guitar player

here's a super cool pick of the main man check it out!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y220/MorrisMoon7/0400_pantera_f.jpg
  • Options
    An absolutely compelling talent that was indeed, taken from us all too soon. What happened to him, of course was never the least bit deserving and he will always be in our thoughts. Amazing passion that he with held in his performance, giving above and beyond I know I will be throwing in some Pantera later on, and also The Beatles as well, as John Lennon shall be remembered on this day...

Rest In Peace Dime.
    "Everyone wants to be the sun that lights up your life, but I'd rather be your moon so I can shine on you during your darkest hour when your sun's not around."
  • Options
    drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    I can't believe it's been a year. I'm not even a fan of heavy metal, and I miss the guy.
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
  • Options
    <~~~~ blastin Mouth For War!!!!!!!!!!!

\m/

Absolutely SICK!!

what a dude, so down to earth, so friendly and cool with people, he shared so much of himself with the fans and allways gave his all as a guitar player

Amen!! I know the man is shreddin it up something fierce up there while also spreading the smiles. :)

{{~We miss you DBD~}}

"Lo√e, you know the word

• Options
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    <~~~~ blastin Mouth For War!!!!!!!!!!!

\m/

Absolutely SICK!!

Amen!! I know the man is shreddin it up something fierce up there while also spreading the smiles. :)

{{~We miss you DBD~}}

OH HELL YEAH!!!! He is in rock n' roll heaven :)

how you been????
  • Options
    OH HELL YEAH!!!! He is in rock n' roll heaven :)

how you been????

Indeed my friend...with many, many greats. It's just one giant jam session up there! :D Rock n' roll heaven! Exactly. :D

Well I've been reeeeally sick...but finally doing better. Nice to see ya. :)

"Lo√e, you know the word

• Options
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    Indeed my friend...with many, many greats. It's just one giant jam session up there! :D Rock n' roll heaven! Exactly. :D

Well I've been reeeeally sick...but finally doing better. Nice to see ya. :)

I've been sick too :(
    I heard they made an exception for Dimebag and he's allowed to drink beer in heaven! :)
  • Options
    I saw the man live just a week before his passing when he played in New York on the Damageplan/Shadows Fall tour. All Hailz! to Dime and Pantera for the music and inspiration... I'm having a shot in your memory tonight bro, R.I.P.
    speaking as a child of the 90's
  • Options
    Awww El Riot Actor! I know it sucks! This damn lingering cold. I'm telling you, tis the season. I hope you get better soon! :)
    I heard they made an exception for Dimebag and he's allowed to drink beer in heaven!

HA! Yep, I actually heard he's doing shots with the big guy. ;)

That's awesome powertool. You got to experience the greatness and power live....and just a week before. Wow! Dime was the man! And yes...Pantera will forever rock my life. Vulgar Display is hands down one of my fav albums and it never fails to beat my ass....so perfect for letting out the aggression. I can't praise that badboy enough. Dime's riffs are absolutely amazing with thier sickness. He was one hell of a talent and that fierce energy definitely lives on forver.

I saw Vinnie side stage at the Audioslave show in Vegas last month. :) My group and I were throwing horns and smiles his way...and he kept returning them. :) I kept waiting for him to get behind the kit and tear it up...but no such luck. Still, very cool the see the mighty man. Kickin ass runs in the fam. ;)

"Lo√e, you know the word

• Options
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    Awww El Riot Actor! I know it sucks! This damn lingering cold. I'm telling you, tis the season. I hope you get better soon! :)

HA! Yep, I actually heard he's doing shots with the big guy. ;)

That's awesome powertool. You got to experience the greatness and power live....and just a week before. Wow! Dime was the man! And yes...Pantera will forever rock my life. Vulgar Display is hands down one of my fav albums and it never fails to beat my ass....so perfect for letting out the aggression. I can't praise that badboy enough. Dime's riffs are absolutely amazing with thier sickness. He was one hell of a talent and that fierce energy definitely lives on forver.

I saw Vinnie side stage at the Audioslave show in Vegas last month. :) My group and I were throwing horns and smiles his way...and he kept returning them. :) I kept waiting for him to get behind the kit and tear it up...but no such luck. Still, very cool the see the mighty man. Kickin ass runs in the fam. ;)

Vinnie was at an Audioslave show..... cool!!!

I was super lucky enough to see PanterA live 3 times, 94 in Sydney Australia, 96 and 97 here in Houston, I also met them in one of those record store signings... :D
  • Options
    powertool wrote:
    I saw the man live just a week before his passing when he played in New York on the Damageplan/Shadows Fall tour. All Hailz! to Dime and Pantera for the music and inspiration... I'm having a shot in your memory tonight bro, R.I.P.

have one shot for me too man, and yeah that's awesome that you saw Damageplan!!!!!!!
  • Options
    RIP Dime

certainly one of the most senseless incidents in rock'n'roll history
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    rip dimebag darrell. gone but not forgotten
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    have one shot for me too man, and yeah that's awesome that you saw Damageplan!!!!!!!

Yeah, it was pretty cool, they even played "Walk" and "Becoming". At the middle of the show they stopped and some guy wearing a "best dude" t-shirt(later found out it was Vinnie's drum tech the "Kat" who also got shot on the leg) came out and started passing shots of whiskey to the crowd while the band was doing the same thing but with cans of Coors light. Dimebag did a 5 minute+ guitar solo which was pretty amazing that got the whole crowd to start chanting "Dimebag, Dimebag!" Later I read on a magazine Vinnie Paul saying that Dimebag wanted for years to do that at Pantera live shows but Phil wouldn't let'em. And as my final highlight of the night, when Shadows Fall got on the stage I made my way to the second floor of the venue so I could have a better view for the band cause I didn't want to be on the pit no more and like after 10 minutes into Shadows Falls set Vinnie Paul comes out with the singer of Damageplan and just hung out there during the rest of the show drinking and all, it was cool as shit, I even got to shake hands and talk a little with Vinnie. I still got Dime's pick from that night, I saw people selling them in Ebay for like $50 bucks or something... there's no way on earth I'd do something like that, I treat mine like gold.
    speaking as a child of the 90's
  • Options
    powertool wrote:
    Yeah, it was pretty cool, they even played "Walk" and "Becoming". At the middle of the show they stopped and some guy wearing a "best dude" t-shirt(later found out it was Vinnie's drum tech the "Kat" who also got shot on the leg) came out and started passing shots of whiskey to the crowd while the band was doing the same thing but with cans of Coors light. Dimebag did a 5 minute+ guitar solo which was pretty amazing that got the whole crowd to start chanting "Dimebag, Dimebag!" Later I read on a magazine Vinnie Paul saying that Dimebag wanted for years to do that at Pantera live shows but Phil wouldn't let'em. And as my final highlight of the night, when Shadows Fall got on the stage I made my way to the second floor of the venue so I could have a better view for the band cause I didn't want to be on the pit no more and like after 10 minutes into Shadows Falls set Vinnie Paul comes out with the singer of Damageplan and just hung out there during the rest of the show drinking and all, it was cool as shit, I even got to shake hands and talk a little with Vinnie. I still got Dime's pick from that night, I saw people selling them in Ebay for like $50 bucks or something... there's no way on earth I'd do something like that, I treat mine like gold.

That's freakin' excellent man! Becoming is an awesome song! And the Kat is a cool dude, i only know him from the PanterA home videos, but those videos show a lot of the crazy stuff they do :D
    There's no way i would sell that guitar pick, and selling it for like $50 is like giving it a way or worse, that pick is priceless. I would frame it if i were you.
  • Options
    MEGADETH mainman Dave Mustaine has posted the following message in the "Forums" section of the band's official web site:

"Some of us are spending our days reflecting on our great friend Darrell Abbott. I know it is a very emotional day for some of us. I wanted to take this time to say that I believe Darrell has been touched by how many of us loved him and helped after this went down. I also think he would rather we think about how rad he was and the great moments we shared with him, more than that fact he is gone. But this is just me."

YNWA
  • Options
    U-RU-R Posts: 223
    hope this doesn't sound the wrong way but we all die and his passing was as "guitar/metal god" as it gets, and that he was and remains
    if you love somebody, set them free. if somebody loves you, don't fuck up
  • Options
    elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    no disrespect meant but who the fuck is tis guy and what a silly name..................................yo AXLULRICH, whats axl up to now??? any news on the chinese democe=racy front?
  • Options
    one of my guys cried last year in class because of dimebag. it was really a tragedy and all the kids who are fans of music, especially a certain raucous fun and free music were deeply saddened.
  • Options
    elmer wrote:
    no disrespect meant but who the fuck is tis guy and what a silly name..................................yo AXLULRICH, whats axl up to now??? any news on the chinese democe=racy front?
    he was the guitarist of Pantera and Damageplan...
    as for Chinese Democracy..they r going back to the studio this month to complete some guitar parts.

YNWA