Alice in Chains Films Providence Show For DVD?

AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
edited November 2006 in Other Music
Launch Radio Networks reports: ALICE IN CHAINS filmed its concert on Tuesday night (October 31) in Providence, Rhode Island for a possible DVD release, guitarist Jerry Cantrell told Launch at the first of the band's two New York City shows on Wednesday (November 1). The Halloween performance was two hours and forty minutes long, with the group playing additional songs for the filming. There's no indication yet of when the DVD could surface or what other features it might contain.

As it is, the group's current North American tour features the reunited band playing a two-hour show that includes an acoustic middle section as well as an eight-minute video tribute to late ALICE IN CHAINS frontman Layne Staley. Drummer Sean Kinney told Launch that the band feels the singer's presence onstage. "He's there every night," he said. "That's one of the main reasons we're doing it. I have no doubt that he'd be totally, 'Well, what took you guys so long?'It took me a long time for me personally to come to terms with even wanting to put myself in that situation, you know. This is the best way. We were all kind of in the same place, that felt like it was the right thing to do, you know. We bring him along in all our ways, you know, he's around us all the time."

Staley died in 2002 after a long struggle with drug addiction that effectively put ALICE IN CHAINS on ice in 1996.

Kinney, Cantrell and bassist Mike Inez reunited in 2005 at a tsunami benefit in Seattle before heading out this year on full European and North American tours. COMES WITH THE FALL frontman William DuVall is handling vocals.

There's no word yet on whether this configuration of the group will record any new material. The band continues its North American trek tomorrow (Saturday, November 4) in Niagara Falls, New York.

awesome..i'd definitely buy it!
LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
YNWA
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Rambis35Rambis35 Posts: 238
    It was an amazing show, I can't wait for the DVD. I was up front and center, and the band played well over 2 hours. For those interested, here was the setlist:

Again
    Bleed The Freak
    Grind
    It Ain't Like That
    Junkhead
    Nutshell
    Them Bones
    Dam That River
    Rain When I Die

~Acoustic Set~
    Don't Follow
    Brother
    Killer Is Me
    No Excuses
    Got Me Wrong
    Down In A Hole
    ~End Of Acoustic Set~

Sludge Factory
    We Die Young
    Heaven Beside You
    Angry Chair
    Man In The Box

~Encore~
    Rooster
    Would?
    Dirt
    Godsmack
    What The Hell Have I?
    Love, Hate, Love

Jerry continues to amaze me, Sean and Mike again showed they're as good a rhythm section as anyone. William DuVal was great again on vocals, he nailed the harmonies as well as the more powerful choruses. He also played quite a bit of guitar, and sounded especially good playing lead on "Got Me Wrong." Like I said, can't wait for the DVD, this show blew me away.
  • AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    that is an awesome setlist indeed!

what an encore to!
    can't wait for this to be released even more now.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
  • Rambis35 wrote:
    It was an amazing show, I can't wait for the DVD. I was up front and center, and the band played well over 2 hours. For those interested, here was the setlist:

Again
    Bleed The Freak
    Grind
    It Ain't Like That
    Junkhead
    Nutshell
    Them Bones
    Dam That River
    Rain When I Die

~Acoustic Set~
    Don't Follow
    Brother
    Killer Is Me
    No Excuses
    Got Me Wrong
    Down In A Hole
    ~End Of Acoustic Set~

Sludge Factory
    We Die Young
    Heaven Beside You
    Angry Chair
    Man In The Box

~Encore~
    Rooster
    Would?
    Dirt
    Godsmack
    What The Hell Have I?
    Love, Hate, Love

Jerry continues to amaze me, Sean and Mike again showed they're as good a rhythm section as anyone. William DuVal was great again on vocals, he nailed the harmonies as well as the more powerful choruses. He also played quite a bit of guitar, and sounded especially good playing lead on "Got Me Wrong." Like I said, can't wait for the DVD, this show blew me away.

WOW...for that setlist
    to this day I regret not seeing these guys live...damn....:(
    Master of Zen
  • is layne gonna be on the dvd??? like im gonna buy 3/4 of an AIC dvd. sorry jerry you rule but its not AIC to me.
  • That article makes me feel better about the reunion than ever, and I thought I had completely come around after seeing them live.
    Very cool.
    Using the word "methinks" in your message board posts doesn't make you look smart.
  • sounds cool....such a pity that the band effectively did nothing after 96.
    The wind is blowing cold
    Have we lost our way tonight?
    Have we lost our hope to sorrow?

Feels like were all alone
    Running further from what’s right
    And there are no more heroes to follow

So what are we becoming?
    Where did we go wrong?
  • AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    bump in anticipation of many repeated threads...

YNWA
  • Rambis35 wrote:

Again
    Bleed The Freak
    Grind
    It Ain't Like That
    Junkhead
    Nutshell
    Them Bones
    Dam That River
    Rain When I Die

~Acoustic Set~
    Don't Follow
    Brother
    Killer Is Me
    No Excuses
    Got Me Wrong
    Down In A Hole
    ~End Of Acoustic Set~

Sludge Factory
    We Die Young
    Heaven Beside You
    Angry Chair
    Man In The Box

~Encore~
    Rooster
    Would?
    Dirt
    Godsmack
    What The Hell Have I?
    Love, Hate, Love
    Wow, that was the exact setlist they played on the 24th and the 28th minus the last four songs. Good to know they change things up a little ;)
  • darkcrowdarkcrow Posts: 1,102
    they filmed the london show as well.