Options

Eric Avery to play bass for the Pumpkins?

AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
edited June 2006 in Other Music
"Former JANE'S ADDICTION bassist Eric Avery has been tapped to join the reunited SMASHING PUMPKINS, according to a posting on a fan site dedicated to Avery's long-defunct POLARBEAR project."

interesting..have always been a fan of his so I wouldn't mind it.
LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
YNWA
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    I was hoping for one of the ladies, Darcy or Auf Der Maur.....oh, well.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    moemoe6434moemoe6434 Posts: 455
    That is HUGE, Eric Avery is great at the bass!
    "If she don't love me no more, i know her sister will" Jimi Hendrix
  • Options
    pearlzepfanpearlzepfan Posts: 456
    It's gonna take me some getting used to by not having a girl in the band.

I always really liked that about the Pumpkins.
    "I'm a thief, and I dig it"
  • Options
    I'm with you guys..I wished it was one of the ladies back with them..especially D'arcy but Eric is one of the best and versatile bassists around and am very sure he will do an excellent job.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
  • Options
    jsk175jsk175 Posts: 70
    Not really a reunion tour without Darcy, but I'll still probably go.
  • Options
    swedeswede Posts: 558
    jsk175 wrote:
    Not really a reunion tour without Darcy, but I'll still probably go.

i agree - but well since ive never seen em id def try to be there if they toured near me
  • Options
    exolsticeexolstice Posts: 85
    Is this reunion thing for real or just another internet rumor?
  • Options
    exolstice wrote:
    Is this reunion thing for real or just another internet rumor?
    it's real...http://www.smashingpumpkins.com

YNWA
  • Options
    exolsticeexolstice Posts: 85
    Excellent! High five!
  • Options
    stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    That's cool. Would be good to go and see them, if I can afford it! Spend too much already on bands this year :eek:
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    I'm with you guys..I wished it was one of the ladies back with them..especially D'arcy but Eric is one of the best and versatile bassists around and am very sure he will do an excellent job.

Only sad thing is that Billy basically writes everything and doesn't give anyone else say in the song writing process except Jimmy - but Billy can't do much there. So if Billy is still the same way Eric's talent won't be put to much use...
  • Options
    Gators76Gators76 Posts: 160
    This is great news!!! I have seen them live as many times as PJ. I hope James Iha gets to add a song to the album.....on second thought. Maybe they could tour with PJ and Stone and James could have a singoff!!!! AHHHHHHHH.

I just broke out the "We Salute You Nakedman" Boot......Good shit
    Toledo 96, Cleveland 03, Pittsburgh 03, Vegas 06,
    San Diego 06.....Do I want some more? I said FUCK YEAH!!!!
  • Options
    danny72688 wrote:
    Only sad thing is that Billy basically writes everything and doesn't give anyone else say in the song writing process except Jimmy - but Billy can't do much there. So if Billy is still the same way Eric's talent won't be put to much use...
    hmm that's true sadly lol
    I think Eric won't mind it though...hopefully we can find out who is the new guitarist soon too.

YNWA
  • Options
    stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    Excuse my ignorance, don't know all that much about them to be honest but is it basically just Billy from the Pumpkins and other assorted musicians from other bands?
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    Excuse my ignorance, don't know all that much about them to be honest but is it basically just Billy from the Pumpkins and other assorted musicians from other bands?
    Jimmy Chamberlin's in the band too..and the other two members are most likely not gonna be the original members.

YNWA