Mercyful Fate

AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
edited October 2006 in Other Music
not seen them mentioned here alot so thought i'd make a thread to see if there are any fellow MFers out here.
probably one of the greatest metal bands ever.."Melissa" and "Don't Break the Oath" are fucking gems!
King Diamond's one of the best metal vocalists too.
LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
YNWA
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    I have the album Melissa of Mercyfull Fate and the album Abigail of King Diamond but I've never listened to the albums. They are on my playlist right now.
  • transplanttransplant Posts: 1,088
    I could never get through a whole CD in one sit down. There is no question that his vocals are out of this world, the music is riff city however I dunno, I can only take it in short spurts.
  • acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    I saw Mercyful Fate at the Kabuki in SF, CA in '85? They're still around?!?!!?
    They signed records at a local store in the afternoon, got a bandana signed by the band, then rocked it at the Kabuki all night as I recall....

My fav from "the day" is Ciroth Ungol -- one album still on my amazon wishlist.
    [sic] happens
  • EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    the dopest shit imaginable
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    acutejam wrote:
    I saw Mercyful Fate at the Kabuki in SF, CA in '85? They're still around?!?!!?
    They signed records at a local store in the afternoon, got a bandana signed by the band, then rocked it at the Kabuki all night as I recall....

My fav from "the day" is Ciroth Ungol -- one album still on my amazon wishlist.
    wow that's awesome..lucky you!

nah..they aren't around anymore but King Diamond is still with his solo project..new album should be out next year.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
  • AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    some updates on King Diamond's next album...
    Revolver magazine reports that most album art is inspired by the music on the disc, but KING DIAMOND inverted the process for his yet-untitled 12th studio record, which is scheduled for a spring release. When his band's distributor in Denmark stumbled across a painting called "My Mother's Eyes" while surfing the Net, he e-mail it to the MERCYFUL FATE frontman and prolific solo artist, who immediately bought it for his next CD cover. The more Diamond looked at the image of a battered blond girl with blood covering her white dress, holding out palms affixed with protruding eyeballs, the more it captivated and inspired him. "I can feel the energy of the front cover in all the songs we wrote, and it will definitely affect my lyrics," he promises.

Diamond wrote the song from December 2005 through this past February, then recorded the basic tracks in his basement. Now all that's left to add are the vocals, which he will complete in the upcoming weeks.

"It classes over anything I've ever done," Diamond beams. "The arrangements are more intricate, the production is better, and for the parts where there are violins, it sounds like we hired the Royal Philharmonic. As long as I don't fuck up the vocals, this should be our best record."

KING DIAMOND's follow-up to 2003's "The Puppet Master" will contain 13 tracks (including an intro), five of which were written by the band's guitarist, Andy La Rocque.

KING DIAMOND last year completed a U.S. tour with NILE, BEHEMOTH and THE BLACK DAHLIA MURDER. A live CD, "Deadly Lullabyes Live", was issued in 2004.

KING DIAMOND current lineup:

King Diamond - Vocals
    Andy La Rocque - Guitar
    Mike Wead - Guitar
    Hal Patino - Bass
    Matt Thompson - Drums

YNWA